Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ A Tactician's Story ❯ Girl of the Plains ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

" Once, dragons and men coexisted.
They shared a peace forged in wisdom,
a peace that lasted many generations.
All that was lost when mankind disrupted
this balance in a sudden onslaught
Man fought dragons in a savage war
that shook the foundations of their world.
This war was called The Scouring.
Defeated and humbled,
dragons vanished from the realm.
In time, man rebuilt and spread his
dominion across the land and
on to the islands beyond.
A millenium has passed
since the dark days ended. "
 
 
And our story begins with a young girl, a girl not meant for the battle field.. But for the next few years of her life, war will be her only companion.
 
“Uhn…” That very girl found herself on a bed in what seemed to look like a nomadic hut. She sat up straight, looking around, wondering where she was.
 
“Are you awake?”
 
The girl looks up to see a nomadic looking woman, but her eyes look so familiar…
 
“I found you unconscious on the plains,” the woman said, sitting down on the bed next to the girl. “I am Lyn, of the Lorca tribe. You're safe now. Who are you? Can you remember your name?”
 
“My name… is Ki…” Our heroine responds, blinking her brown eyes a few times.
 
“Your name is Ki? What an odd sounding name…” Lyn said. This made Ki blink once more. “But pay me no mind. It is a good name. I see by your attire that you are a traveler. What brings you to the Sacae Plains? Would you share your story with me?”
 
Ki was about to begin when she was interrupted by a strange noise…
 
“Hm? What was that noise? I'll go see what's happening.” Lyn got up and turned to Ki. “Ki, wait here for me.” She said, and headed out the door.