Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Dragon Kin ❯ Lost Boy ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own Fire Emblem

Note: All ideas are my own, I used supports to figure out some information, but everything else is mine. So don't steal it, I'll be VERY pissed.

DRAGON KIN

This story will be VERY long, so I'd love to hear feedback.

Disregard all punctuation errors, what can I say, grammar ain't my thing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Lost Boy *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lightning split the heavens as thunder boomed. The wind shrieked and tore at the little boy who sat under the tree. Soaking wet and shivering, the boy couldn't have been older than 5. The storm was drawing closer; his father had told him to count the seconds from when he saw the lightning, to when he heard the thunder. The closer they were to each other, the closer the storm. Of course, his dad was no longer here. He had died, alongside the boy's mother, defending their child to the last.

"Run Heath!!! Don't look back! We're right behind you!" They had called. Oh how he had run! He pumped his short legs as fast as he could, running as swiftly as a five-year-old child could be expected too. Finally, he could run no more. He had flopped down on the grass, panting. He waited, and waited but his parents never appeared. Fed up with waiting, he made his way back to the house, or what was left of it. The cottage he had known all his life had burned to the ground. There in the middle of the wreckage were two very charred bodies-his parents. The only object that wasn't charred beyond recognition was a peculiar necklace; a simple leather strap was threaded through what he recognized to be a wyvern tooth. He had taken it and fled, fearing he would be left in the care of the local orphanage.

The crash of thunder woke Heath from his reveries. The storm was directly overhead now. A bolt of lightning hit the top of a tree no more seven feet, catching flame immediately. Fire, like the fire that had killed his parents. He could imagine their screams of terror as they discovered the door wouldn't open, as they saw the bandits light a fire around the outside of the house, how they must've felt as they waited for death to take them. Heath sat frozen, his eyes never leaving the blaze, the murderous, hungry flames, waiting to envelope him in it's searing embrace. At least now he'd rejoin his parents. He closed his eyes, and waited for the flames to leap to his body, praying that it'd all be over soon.

The necklace began to glow brightly, and a large beast landed before the boy, it's eyes glimmering in the flames.

Heath opened his eyes, there before him stood a wyvern. Of course it couldn't really be there, he must be imagining things. After vigorously rubbing his eyes, he looked up again, expecting to see nothing. Instead, the beast was still there, its gaze locked on the boy. Heath curled up even tighter, scrunching his eyes closed, hoping that the wyvern would leave. The beast instead snorted, and approached him. Heath stared at it with fearful eyes, it was but a hairs width away from him. Suddenly, unbidden, memories of his father returned. His father had taught him to respect these great creatures, as they were one of the only remnants of the old world, before dragons were vanquished. He couldn't explain it, for there was no explanation for what he felt, but somehow he KNEW that this wyvern wanted to help him. Trembling from head to foot, he slowly made his way to the side of the creature. It lowered a wing, so he could step up onto it's back. He hesitated, then with a final glance back he threw himself over the dragon's back, clutching it's neck. He squeezed his eyes shut as it took flight, his former life fading away to blackness.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Okay, so that sucked, but I promise you it will get better. Don't expect much if anything about Eliwood and Lyn and Hector, this is a fic about Heath.