Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Searching For You ❯ Nergal's Prize ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"You know what you are to do, correct, Sonia?"
 
"Of course, Master."
 
"Then let's go."
 
Nergal and Sonia teleported to a remote location in Lycia, where the greatest magic users in that country lived. They quietly walked into a room where a mother was singing softly to her baby.
 
"Kill the child," Nergal commanded.
 
The mother turned around. "N-no!" she cried. "Not Nino! I don't care what you do with me, just don't harm Nino!"
 
Sonia looked at Nergal, who nodded his head. She turned to the mother and said, "All right. Say goodbye to your child!" Before she could say another word, Sonia cast Fimbulvetr at the mother, killing her instantly but sparing the child.
 
Nergal walked over to the woman's body. The baby was held tightly in her arms, crying loudly. Nergal bent over and picked up the small child, who began to cry even harder.
 
“Well? What are we going to do with her, Lord Nergal?” Sonia asked.
 
“This girl...Nino, we will take as our prize,” Nergal replied. “Someday, she will be a great magic user. She will be useful.”
 
“How will she be raised? You're busy with that other person...”
 
“Yes...So I leave this job to you, Sonia.”
 
“...What? Are you sure, Lord Nergal?”
 
“Yes. Teach her all you know, and someday she will be of use. I am not wrong about these things, Sonia.”
 
Sonia hesitated, then said, rather reluctantly, “As you wish, milord.”
 
“Good. Now, there are two others in this house we should take care of...the father and a son.”
 
“What about servants?”
 
“There are none., unless they live in a separate building. I will go check, you take care of the remaining people. Go.”
 
Sonia went for the father's room first. She entered and saw the man looking out the window. He turned around as soon as she was completely inside. The door closed with a slight thud.
 
“That is the only way out. You have murdered my wife, I will not let you go easily.” he said.
 
“I doubt that. I'm one of Lord Nergal's most trusted servants, and you are the victim! I will not let you die quickly. Because of this, you will die as slowly and as painfully as I can make it.” Sonia cast Fire lazily at him. There was no way for the father to dodge it, a direct hit. He fell to the ground and struggled to get up.
 
“How...how can you be...this strong....?” he said painfully. “That...Elfire...”
 
Sonia snorted. “Elfire? That was just a simple Fire! And if you thought that was strong, wait for this...” She cast Thunder at his limp form, jolting him backward into a wall. Sonia laughed at his painful gasps for air. “Thunder! Just a Thunder! You're lucky you didn't go out the window!”
 
“You...you...monster...”
 
“I'm no monster. I'm a human, just like you, but, unlike you, I devoted myself to Lord Nergal. He is the one and only way! But it is too late for you...You are already dead. Lord Nergal has ordered for your death, so you are a corpse...For once Lord Nergal orders for your death, there is no escape!” With that she cast an Elfire spell at him, which hurtled him out the window. Sonia walked to the window and looked down. He was still moving.
 
“You...you...inhuman...monster...you...you...” he croaked.
 
“I'm no monster!” Sonia shouted. “I am human...You just do not understand what Lord Nergal can give to you. But since you are a corpse, I will kill you now...But as you die remember this: Your daughter yet lives.”
 
“My son!” the man moaned. “Do not harm him...Please, I beg you.”
 
“Sure. Why not? Now die!” Sonia cast Bolting at him. His body shook from the shock. Sonia watched absentmindedly. His body twitched a moment, then lay still.
 
Sonia smiled. “Oh, and by the way, I'm not going to spare your son. He's the next to die!”
 
She twirled around on her heel and exited the room. Outside the room, she paused, then teleported to the boy's room.
 
There, he was fast asleep in his bed. He didn't look any older than five. Sonia walked to his bedside.
 
"Good night, little boy," she muttered. She cast Thunder on him. He fell off the bed onto the floor and didn't move. Sonia figured he was dead and left to find her master.
 
But only seconds later did the boy blink his eyes slowly and look around...