Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Searching For You ❯ The Special Project ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 8: The Special Project
 
Nino looked around. The place was very bare, but extremely decorated with small drawings of dragons. Dragons flying, dragons sitting, dragons breathing fire...Dragons were everywhere.
 
"Welcome to the Dragon's Gate, Nino," Nergal said. "This is where your mother goes a lot. It's sort of like her workplace."
 
"Oh," Nino said simply. She was too busy studying a picture of a dragon with a human, together. They looked happy. But then there was an engraving of a dead dragon with a human standing on it, brandishing his sword high. The next showed dragons going through some sort of portal...
 
"I suppose I should show you around. You're going to be here a while, so it's best you know where you're going so you don't get lost. The Dragon's Gate is a big place, you know. Getting lost isn't something you want to do."
 
"Yes," Nino said, looking at a dragon with a decorative necklace around its neck. It was accompanied by a smaller dragon who looked similar to the bigger one.
 
"Well, come this way, Nino," Nergal commanded. Nino quickly followed him.
 
"This is the main hall. It's very busy, so don't bump into anyone or get yourself trampled. We...wouldn't want that, now, would we?
 
"This will be your room...Yes, it is spacious, isn't it?" Nergal said when Nino gasped. "Don't dawdle, there's plenty more to see...
 
"This is Jaffar's room, here, you see? Don't go in there, he usually doesn't like company. It...disturbs his training, and Jaffar is very serious about his training, you see. So do not disturb him."
 
Nino looked at a small, almost unnoticeable plaque next to the door. It read "Project: Angel of Death" in capital letters. Although Nergal had warned her not to, Nino opened the door.
 
Silver flashed in her face. Nino fell backward. She tentatively felt her face. It was wet. She looked at her hand and saw it was covered in blood.
 
"Tsk, tsk, Nino. I told you not to," Nergal said. "That might leave a nasty scar. Maybe then you'll remember to listen to you betters, hm? Come along, child. And please, try to stop that bleeding. It'll leave stains on the stone that I've worked so hard to clean.”
 
Nino cautiously stood up. Her face burned from the slashmark. She held the hem of her cloak to her face. It stung badly, and the cloak was quickly stained with blood. Miserably, she ripped off a long strip of her cloak and held it to her face. It still stung, but at least the bleeding stopped a little. Tears flowing down her face, she ran after Nergal.
 
“I was wondering how long it would take you to catch up. Remember, Nino. Pain will teach you nothing. Now come on, I have many better things to do than show you around. So don't you dare lag behind.”
 
Nino hurriedly followed Nergal, who had started walking even faster than normal. A single drop of blood and tear dripped on the stone floor, never to come off.