Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Searching For You ❯ The Fang's New Job ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 7: The Fang's New Job
 
After years of traveling, they were there. The Black Fang Headquarters in Bern stood before Tomas and Rocky, a huge building made of stone and brick. High in the snowcapped mountains it stood, years of blizzards had worn it down, but not much.
 
"So this is it...The Black Fang," Tomas said.
 
"It was here all along! I don't believe it!" Rocky exclaimed. "We've been looking for five whole years, and we only just now found it! These people must not want to be found."
 
"Well, yeah, what do you expect?" Tomas said. He looked around. "I don't see an entrance...Where do we enter?"
 
"I have no clue...If we just keep walking around, though, we're bound to find something, at least," Rocky said. "Come on."
 
Together they walked through the newly fallen snow around the building. Tomas noticed that there were no guards around. There was no sign of life anywhere.
 
Finally, they found someone. His purplish hair was clipped with snow, and his cloak had small icicles on its edges. He was standing in front of a gate, obviously leading into the main part of the hideout.
 
“Hello there!” Rocky shouted, to Tomas's dismay. “Do you know how to get inside?”
 
“Who are you?” the man asked.
 
“We're...looking to join the Black Fang, if you'd let us,” Tomas answered. “Can you help us out?”
 
“Well...I'm waiting for a friend of mine to get back from his mission, but I guess I could let you in...Linus!” the man shouted. “Come on out here! I got some new recruits!”
 
The gate opened, and another male came out of it. He took one look at Tomas and Rocky and said “These are recruits? They can't be out of their teens yet!”
 
“Eh...We'll make good use of them, anyway,” the first man said. “Take them in, Linus.”
 
“Sure, Legault. If you're sure.” Linus held open the gate for Rocky and Tomas, and the two went through it.
 
Inside the gate, there were many smaller buildings with different signs in front of each, telling what building it was. Linus led them through the paths between the buildings, leading them to a larger building in the center of the headquarters.
 
“This is where my dad usually is,” Linus said. “He's the leader of the Black Fang, Brendan Reed. He'll tell you all you need to know about being in the Black Fang. And you need to know quite a lot. So go on in, he's not expecting anyone at this time of day.”
 
Rocky and Tomas walked to the front door. Tomas opened it, and they both went inside.
 
Brendan Reed was talking to a woman with long, ebony black hair. She turned around when they entered, so they both got a look at her glittering golden eyes.
 
“What are you boys doing here?” the woman asked. “Brendan and I are busy now. Can't you come back later?”
 
“No, no, Sonia, it's okay,” Brendan said. “So...by the looks of you two, you're new recruits, right?” Tomas and Rocky nodded. “Good. We can always use a few more people around here. Isn't that right, Sonia?”
 
“Of course,” Sonia agreed. “The more, the better.”
 
“That's right. So, you two are going to hear the entire story of the Black Fang. There's a lot of stuff to tell, so listen up.”
 
“Brendan, I don't think they have to hear the whole story, hm? I think that can wait.”
 
“Uh...yes,” Tomas said nervously. “See, I came here because I'm looking for someone. My sister, in fact. Her name's Nino, and I haven't seen her since I was four years old. A friend told me about the Black Fang, she told me you could help me find her.”
 
“Nino?” Sonia repeated. “Are you sure?”
 
“Yes. I'm positive. Why?”
 
“That's just a very unusual name for a young girl,” Sonia replied quickly. “I was just making sure I'd heard you right, that's all.”
 
“Oh. Well, can you help me, sir?”
 
Brendan Reed looked thoughtful. “Sure...Nino, huh? What's she look like?”
 
“Well...Kinda like me, I'm guessing. Green hair, blue eyes...”
 
“Don't worry, I'll get you a team, and you can find your sister that way. It'll be a lot easier than searching by yourself.”
 
“Really? You'll do that?”
 
“Sure. Anything to help people out. That's what the Black Fang does.”
 
“Thank you, sir.”
 
“Don't mention it. Now, I have to finish talking with Sonia here, so come back later, okay?”
 
“Yessir.”