Fire Emblem Fan Fiction / Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Searching For You ❯ The Message From Nergal ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 6: The Message from Nergal
 
Five years later...
 
Nino heard the familiar swooshing sound of someone teleporting from behind her. She twirled around to see Nergal himself.
 
"Hello, Nino," he said. "Where's your mother, Sonia?"
 
"She's out," Nino said. "She had to take care of something."
 
"That woman...No matter. Sonia! Come!"
 
Another swooshing sound and Sonia appeared. "Yes, master?" she asked.
 
"I need to talk to you about the job I told you about. The one with the Black Fang. Do you remember?"
 
"Oh...yes. Nino!" Sonia turned to her. "Go to your room and be quiet! Don't you dare listen to us, or you'll get no food for a month!"
 
"The dishes..." Nino began.
 
"Forget the dishes! You can do them later. Now go away!"
 
Nino ran to her room and shut the door. She waited thirty seconds, then pressed her ear to the door.
 
"Glad to hear it. Now...Your mission," said Nergal's voice.
 
"Yes, please tell me," Sonia's voice said.
 
"Well...Brendan Reed, the leader of the Black Fang, is single once again. There are many people in the Black Fang, as you are well aware, with unusually high levels of quintessence."
 
This wasn't the first time Nino had ever heard the word "quintessecnce". He used it quite often. Nino had no idea what it was, but whatever it was, Nino knew that Nergal valued it highly.
 
"So...I need you to infiltrate the Black Fang as Brendan's wife. Get close to him, and use him to lead the Black Fang. I have given Limstella the task of collecting quintessence. Ephidel is looking for other high amounts of quintessence. In a few years time, we will be able to open the Gate and bring forth the dragons."
 
"That is excellent news, milord. Shall I begin immediately?"
 
"Yes...We must get to him before he is seized again by the heart of another. Don't bring Nino. I'll keep her until the time is right. Like...your wedding. Don't tell him about your...er...daughter until I tell you it is right to do so. Well, that is all. Go now. I will take Nino to the Gate...she may be useful there."
 
"Understood, Lord Nergal."
 
Nino heard Sonia swoosh away and the sound of Nergal's footsteps. She rushed to her bed and fell onto it just as Nergal opened the door.
 
"Nino. You're to come with me. Sonia...Your mother has left you in my care while she is away. Come along now, I'll warp us there."
 
"Okay, sir." Nino got off the bed and held onto Nergal's beckoning hend. She heard a swoosh and suddenly they were at the Dragon's Gate.