Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ A Hedge-Rabbit's Tails Part I ❯ Prologue

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thunder lies on his bed looking up at the stars since he blasted off the room in his room, as he laments about what happened he can't seem to get the burning village out of his mind.
 
'If I was there a lot sooner' he said as he looks to his armor and weapons. Miles & Violet are somewhere in South America fighting off bandits. Thunder just lies there lamenting. Of course what makes matters worst is his girlfriend Angle is leaving for college in the fall and this will be their final summer together. 'Oh hell I guess I'll head to the studio might as well make some money!' Thunder briefly comes to his senses as he teleports away.
 
Of course, Thunder is not the only one with problems Amadeus and Annabeth's relation is severely strained due to the fact she sold out a good friend to 'belong' with the 'cool crowd'. (Well get to that in Part II).
 
Thunder arrives at the Music Studio in reg street clothes not his medieval warrior garb as he greets Angle 'well I heard what happened and I am truly sorry' She said giving him a warm embrace.
 
'Yeah well, if only I could teleport with in microseconds I would have been able to save it.'
 
Angle looks at him 'you don't plan to give up being a mercenary.' Thunder looks at her 'Well... If I did I would see less pain and suffering in this world.' He said calmly.
'So you want to give up! Is that it because if that's it, I guess you can give me up as well!' Angle was now irate 'Look I never said I would quit I just need... time.' Thunder said in defense.
 
Angle hugs him again 'take all the time you need I'm here for you.”' 'Well you know of next week right?' Thunder says with a cocky grin 'your birthday, your 19 I haven't forgotten you know.' Angle says wrapping her arm around him 'so tell me are you always this cocky when you are cheered up?' As she kisses him on his muzzle.
 
'You know it, baby! Hey I hate to ask but I'm broke and my parents refuse to give me money you don't mind buying dinner right?' Thunder asks sheepishly 'what did you do with all that money you had anyway?' Angle said being irate 'well I had to bury the bodies and notify next of kin that was not easy.'
 
'I like it when you're a self-centered dick at least then you have money!' Thunder gives her a look 'you know you want me' as they take off hand-in-hand...
 
 
'Hey I have a crazy idea I can write a song!' Thunder said as his eyes lit up  Angle looked on nervously.
 
'Unnn babe how or what are you going to write about?'
 
 
 'well I guess a dysfunctional family.'  'Angle gives him a super hard stare `you best not even mention my family unless your praising them!' Angle now annoyed ' 'my family, girl if you forgot Lunar has blessed armor as well plus axes are weak against swords so Lunar has a huge advantage.' Thunder said now stressed out...
 
Of course of all people they run  into is Ashley   who is dressed quite modest long denim dress white t-shirt white shoes and socks and a white hair band. 'gee you look like Sunday school  teacher.' Thunder said almost annoying her as angle smacked him up side the head  'my mother got her that outfit so I'd advise you to show some respect!'
 
Ashley just smiles 'well I need to get my daughter grandpa is watching her.' 'wait hold on tell me again why were you chosen to be her guardian?' Thunder said with concern.
 
Ashley just pushes her hair back 'well after her parents were killed her family became money hungry I adopted her to make sure she gets her inheritance.'   Thunder embraced Ashley 'well glad I understand now.' he said 'Thunder you need to get past this it was not your fault.'  She said sternly.
 
They depart 'well I see you do get along.' Angle said  'well she is a member of our troupe, but still I never though she would be a single (adopted)  mother at 19.'
 
'Hey she did what anybody else would do in their right mind!' Angle scoffed.
 
'Look let's head to the diner I'm starving after wards we return to the studio and make some music besides it's the only way to piss off my folks.'  
 
 
Angle just looks at him 'well I guess your right besides pissing off your parents is a must see.'
 
As it gets darker the cute couple head into a vintage 60's diner to relax..