Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ Rennac's Tales of Turmoil ❯ Departure ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rennac laid comfortably on his bed and starred at his ceiling. Tomorrow would begin his new job. His big "quest" as L'Arachel had put it. He realized he never asked her just what they were questing for.
"Guess I'll just find out tomorrow..." He said to himself. He threw the blankets over himself and fell asleep.

* * *

Rennac arrived at the castle early in the morning. His sword was hooked to his belt, ready for action. L'Arachel met him at the castle gates.
"Are you completely prepared, Rennac?" She asked. He nodded as a reply.
"Great! All we're waiting for is the servants to finish saddling up my horse."
A man walked a brown horse over to the two. He was a middle-age man with a long beard. He wore red, bulky armor and a giant battle axe strapped on his back.
"Dozla! Are you ready to go?" L'Arachel asked.
"That I am, Princess. Your horse is all set too." The man said.
So, That's Dozla. Rennac thought to himself. The guy was huge. Rennac felt wimpy compared to him.
L'Arachel walked over the horse and pat it's head. "Good Girl, Epona." She said. Then she pulled herself up on to Epona's back. "Alright you two," L'Arachel began. "This is the beginning of our long and perilous journey to vanquish evil. With the three of us working together as a team, I know there's nothing that can stop us. Together we shall over come all obstacles. Justice shall triumph over evil. Now, Let us be off!"
With this said, Epona took off running, leaving Rennac and Dozla behind. The two chased after them, Dozla laughing the whole time and Rennac just trying his best to keep up.
Why do I have the feeling I am going to deeply regret taking up this job? Rennac asked himself.

 
 
 
 
 
 
(( I know. I named L'Arachel's horse after the horse from Legend of Zelda...))