Fist Of The North Star Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Dragon is Reborn ❯ History(you can read it afterwards) ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Background: A martial artist named Ranma Saotome who lived in Nerima, Tokyo, had multiple fiancés, and a curse that turned him into a girl with the splash of cold water, and restored him with hot water, while in a fight with some of his rivals, was thrown from his world into the WOTverse, through an accident with a magical artifact in the possession of his friend/rival, Ryouga. The magical vortex brought him to the Wheel of Time world during the time of Artur Hawkwing. Through the use of a technique called the Soul of Ice(similar to the void in it's own way), he had his first encounter with Saidin. Then came hawkwing's siege of Tar Valon. Through this he escaped the persecution of the Aes Sedai. It took him some time to even learn the language of this new world. By then he had secretly been practicing channeling, and had noticed the taint, whose effects he naturally countered with his accelerated healing. That however did not prevent the erosion of the barriers between lives, caused by the taint. Although originally horrified, he came to realize that the person he felt within him, was really his past self. He found this easy to accept on account of his Shinto beliefs. And through mediation he came to merge with the other personality. Over the years more of his former selves emerged, these included many different people, who had all had a large impact on the people around them. One life that awakened was that of an Aes Sedai. Or more correctly the man some people considered the founder of the Aes Sedai. He took up his old self's mission to create a new Aes Sedai, when he had a sufficient understanding of the taint, that between him and his former selves, he could create a form of teaching to counteract it. The female Aes Sedai being what they were, he started with men. He attempted to train people so that they would be worthy of the Aes Sedai name. Orignally he set up his organization on a remote island, but later with the help of portal stones, moved offworld. The Aes Sedai grew, and women were also added, when they proved themselves worthy. So that a society came to be that was similar to what had existed in what was now called the Age of Legends. There were plenty of non-channelers there too. Which Ranma had brought to help with his Aes Sedai's moral training.

In the meanwhile Ranma also began a project that he had once started, in his previous lives, but never completed. A project that now inspired him. To create a way to bring the dead back to life, so that none of his students and loved ones would die needlessly. In time, the project was completed, though originally there were considerable limits to who they could bring back.

Centuries went by, and a schism was created in the Aes Sedai. There existed some who devoted themselves to knowledge to the exclusion of everything else. They came to be known as the seekers of truth. And in time another group also appeared, Warriors as they were called, who believed not in serving, but in reaching a level of perfection and enlightenment, through the fighting arts.

Over time, Ranma's resurrection methods came to be used to bring more and more people to life. These included many Wizards and Warriors, since their beings had more power, and were thus easier to isolate. In time, the group called Seekers became almost completely focused on recreating and improving the knowledge that other great humans elsewhere had achieved. These being the ones that were being resurrected.

The Warriors continued on a simpler path, that lead them to great strength in the Power, though they came to use it less and less, as time went by. Evolving into a warrior society, especially when they came to be headed by the dreaded War Master Raoh.

Over time the resurrection process was refined, so that it was no longer limited to only very powerful beings. It still however required a point of reference to the life of the person to be resurrected. And people who had been reborn elsewhere could no longer be called by the same references.

Many people used this to bring back lost families, and the like.

The current situation is that there are around 60000 Aes Sedai, headed by Master Bremen, around 4000 Seekers, headed by the Master Ranma, and around 140000, Warriors. The numbers of the Warriors are partly due to the fact that their extreme training, allows people not normally so inclined, to gorw to the point that they can channel if they wish, and go beyond that eventually.

All three groups now exist on separate planets. The Aes Sedai have grown beyond the level of those in the Age of Legends, though not by very much, yet. The Seekers, have knowledge well beyond the others but usually do not tend to interfere in the lives of non-Seekers. The Warriors, although as knowledgeable as the Aes Sedai do not make use of Ter'angreal except in training, a view shared by the Seekers, who attempt to perfect their own abilites without becoming dependent on outside help.