Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Kits, Cats, and Ryu ❯ Kits, Cats, and Ryu Chapter 3: Chuunin Exam ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I own none of these, in fact I have probably taken some ideas from other fanfic writers, but I have read so much that I can't remember for sure. If you feel like suing me, go ahead, but I must warn you my third bank account just closed for over drafting, I recently stopped going to a university and thus will be in debt for the rest of my life, and it will cost you far more to actually sue me than you have any hope of receiving. Once again and work inserted here is not mine and is the property of its respective owner. Anything not claimed is mine.

All the remaining teams are gathered in front of the Forbidden Area. A fence surrounds a forest and Anko arrives to explain the test.

"This is where the second test will take place. The 44th training area also known as the Forest of Death."

Chapter 3

Chuunin Exam

A rock like box began to sneak up on the Animals, all three sweat drop as they realize it is someone's attempt to sneak up on them.

"Konohamaru I know you are in there," yells Sakura "what are you doing here?"

At that a series of three explosions comes from the box, pushing up smoke. Choughing comes from within the smoky area, and one can hear "too many explosives." As the smoke clears, it reveals three Leaf children. They realize their position and begin introductions.

"Sexiness of an adult, female ninja Moegi!"

"I love assembling models, Udon!"

"The villages number one genius ninja, Konohamaru!"

"With the three of us together, Konohamaru Squad is here!" they chant together.

"Hey, you guys what are you doing?" yells Anko

"We are here to write an article on the Chuunin exam for our school paper." Explains Konohamaru.

"Oh yeah, I forgot Hokage-sama told me about that!" Anko replies, scratching her head. In a louder voice she declares "All right! We will have a ten minute break! I need at least one person from each team to come forward and be interviewed! Those involved, please bear with it and help out!"

From each team a person is chosen to be interviewed by the young group, when it comes around to the Animals, Recca is chosen.

"Who are you?" begins Konohamaru

"Ryu of Team Animal."

"Who else is in your team?"

"Cat, and Kit."

"What are your real names?"

"…"

"Oookay, Why are you dressed completely in black?"

"We are ninja."

"Ummm… right. Okay, How do you think you will do in the exam?"

"We are the best."

"Could you give us some detail about yourselves?"

"No."

"Riiiiight… well how about your clan then, I hear it's new."

"Yes."

"Okay, Um… we don't have any more questions for you, is there something you would like to share with us?"

"No." with that, Recca rejoined his group. The interviews now over, Konohamaru and friends left the staging ground.

"What a creepy place…" muttered Sakura

"You'll soon experience why it's called the Forest of Death." Anko stated with a chuckle. "Now before we start the second exam, I will need you all to sign these release forms. If you want to take the exam you must sign these."

"Why?" asks a curious Leaf

"Because there will be deaths in this one and if I don't have you sing these it will be all my responsibility. I will explain the second exam while you are signing. Long story short, you will attempt the ultimate survival. There is a tower in the middle of the practice area, ten miles from any edge. and you must reach it while carrying one of each of these." She pulls out two scrolls, one marked Heaven, the other marked Earth. "26 teams made it here, 13 will get the Heaven scroll, 13 will get the Earth. Simply put you must steal them from each other. So half the teams will automatically fail. But, there is also a time limit. 120 hours after we start, the test will end."

"Five days?!" one of the Gennin girls exclaims.

`That's Ino, Sakura's rival.' Naruto signs

"What will we do about food?!" a fat kid next to her despairingly queries.

`Chouji, he is always eating'

"The forest is full of food." Anko simply puts "You just need to kill it first."

"No!" Chouji wails

"Idiot that's why they call it survival." Reprimands Ino.

"So not only will some people fail by not having a scroll, some will die from the harshness of the course. Three things will disqualify you: one, if you don't reach the tower with both scrolls within the time limit; Two, if you lose a teammate or have a teammate unable to continue; three, you must not look inside either scroll until you reach the tower, for anyone that does, it will be a surprise. Explanations done. Exchange your forms for a scroll over there," pointing at a booth with three examiners sitting in it. "we will then choose gates to start out at. A final word of advice: don't die."

The examiners pull a curtain over the front over the front of the booth to prevent the teams from knowing who got what scroll. One person from each team entered the booth at a time to exchange for the scrolls.

"Once you get a scroll, follow an instructor to your respective gates. We will all start in 30 minutes. Animals you are to enter the forest here."

30 minutes later all the gates were opened and the students allowed inside. Once a good distance from the gate, Naruto spoke up.

"Rec… Ryu what scroll did we get?"

"Earth."

"Well, we got that one, and all these." Ranma entered, displaying 12 more Earth, and 13 heaven.

"How did you get all those?!" Naruto practically screamed

"Quiet down! I used a combination Umisenken and Hidden Weapons to steal them as the different teams left the booth. They were to busy trying to not give away which scroll they had to notice that they had none."

"Let's hurry to the middle quick!" Exclaimed Naruto.

"No, let's have fun with this first," Replied Recca, "besides you wouldn't wantto remove all the challengers for the Arena later would you?"

"I guess not, but what do we do?"

"We could start be creating an extremely clear trail to the tower, climb that tree there to verify it's direction." Naruto did as he was told, and pointed in the exact direction of the tower.

"Okay, my turn" Ranma enthused. He took a horse stance and began building his chi. With a swipe of his arm a 20 foot wide vacuum blade was loosed towards the tower. When the dust settled, a clear path was made directly to the base of the tower. "that took a little more than I thought." He mumbled as he passed out.

"That'll work." Said Recca, Awestruck. Naruto could just nod his head. "Anyway pick him up, and we will rush to the tower. When the other teams discover they no longer have their scrolls, they will not hesitate to plant traps around it." Naruto agreed and they began to head to the tower at full speed.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"What was that?!" screamed Sakura, "It sounded like half the forest crashed."

"I don't know, but let's get moving, we need to recover our scroll and obtain another." Replied Sauske

"The tower will be the most likely place to do so." Informed Rei

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"Man he sure knows how to get everyone's attention" groused Recca.

"I just hope he wakes up soon, he is heavy" grumbled Naruto.

"We only have about a mile left, if we hurry we should be able to make it before any others."

"But what will we do when we get there?"

"Dig"

"Huh? I don't understand."

"We use the Bakusai Tenketsu to create pit traps. Then we set the trees on fire to force others onto the ground. Some of the holes we dig we put the scrolls into and lay an illusion over. Those that break it will get the scrolls and be worthy of fighting us."

"Oh. Sounds like fun, I hope we can watch from the tower."

"I doubt it, we will probably be kept confined in order to prevent further involvement with the test."

"Too bad."

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"What the crap happened here?!" Sakura screamed upon entering the area Ranma blasted away, "what could have caused such devastation?"

"I don't know, but they might," Rei stated, pointing to a pair of black clad figures carrying a third figure. "at least now we have a clear path to the tower."

"Let's just hope we don't have to fight them."

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

When they reached the tower, Ranma was jut starting to awaken. They quickly explained the plan to him, and began to put it into practice; Naruto making the pit traps, Recca torching the trees, and Ranma hiding the scrolls. Once finished they allowed the trees to burn to nothing but ash for 30 feet away from the tower and then Recca pulled his fire back. They entered the tower with only the two scrolls.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"Why are they setting the trees on fire?" questioned Rei

"Forget that, how are they making those pits with only a touch?" Sakura queried

"Look at the third, he is placing scrolls everywhere, he must have taken them all before we entered the forest, but how?" pondered Sauske "they just entered the tower, lets not stand here asking questions, let's get some scrolls and get in that tower."

And they did just that.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

Inside the tower they found a sign on the wall saying "If lacking in Heaven, seek wisdom, be prepared. If lacking in Earth, run in the fields, seek advantages. With both Heaven and Earth danger becomes safety. These are the principals that guide a "something something"

"What's that mean?" Naruto asked

"Probably means the scrolls" put in Recca, "just open them."

Without much trepidation Ranma took Earth and Naruto took Heaven and proceded to open them. When the scrolls began to smoke they threw them to the ground, when they touched, Ibiki appeared.

"You finished fast, although your methods seem to be lacking in the stealth department. You pass the second exam. Please wait for the others to finish then meet us at the testing arena. Dismissed."

5 days later 21 people showed up at the arena.

"First off, congratulations on passing the first test. It will, sadly be a long time before we can use that forest again due to the destruction of a third of it."

Mumbles of curiosity ran through the crowd.

"Hokage-sama will now explain the third test."

"Before I explain the third exam, I will explain the real reason behind it. Why do we have the allied nations take it together?"

"To replace all out war with simple tournaments, at the same time deciding the price any given country can charge for their services." Interrupted Recca.

"Well yes. Okay now to explain the exam."

"Excuse me Hokage-sama, please allow me, Gekkou Hayate, to explain." An sickly man appearing before the Hokage requested.

"Go ahead."

"Under normal circumstances we only have a few challengers left by now, but it seems that this year there are many who deserve the right to fight for the rank of Chuunin. Because of time constraints and treaties made we have decided that rather than have you fight one on one, we will have team v. team battles. This will allow you to demonstrate your effectiveness working together. I will now call out the matches. Match one will be Team Ino, consisting of Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru, and Akimiji Chouji versus Team Sound, Zaku Abumi, Dosu Kinuta, and Kin Tsuchi. Macth two will be Team Akamaru, Inuzuka Kiba, Hyuga Hinata, and Aburame Shino vs. Team Sand, Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari. Match three will be Team Gai, Hyuga Neji, Tenten, and Rock Lee Vs. Team Animal, Kit, Cat, and Ryu. Team Sauske, Uchiha Sauske, Haruno Sakura, and Hina Rei will have a pass on the first round of combat. Please enter the stadium."

The teams walk through the double doors to find an arena about a hundred yards in diameter surrounded by bleacher style seating. They notice roped off areas for the challengers, and behind that are the fans for the different groups. All the seats are packed with the exception of the Animals area.

`Eh, no one has ever heard off us before, this is pretty much to be expected." Signs Recca

`At least we won't have people bugging us during the other fights.' Responds Ranma

"Fighters please take your seats, Team Ino and Team Sound take your places for the first match." The teams do so, getting in ready postions, "The match will begin on my signal." Raising his arm he holds it for a minute, the crowd goes silent, he drops it, "Begin!"

Chouji begins growing in size through his Meat Tank ability, Ino begins the body switch, and Shikamaru starts extending his shadow. The three Sound ninjas race forward in hopes of putting their opponents down before they can make effective use of their Chakra. Ino takes control of Tsuchi while Shikamaru's shadow meets with Abumi. Chouji manages to roll on to Kinuta when both controlled fighters surprise Kinuta with punches. Being unable to fight anymore, Team Sound is removed.

"Well, that was disappointing." Ranma grumbles, "didn't even last two minutes."

"Now for *cough cough* round two, Would Team Akamaru and Team Sand please take the field." Once in position and ready he drops his hand "Begin!"

Gaara alone walks forward pulling the stopper out of the gourd mounted on his back. Kiba and Akamaru use their beast clone skill to change their forms into mostly human were-wolf type creatures they run towards Gaara with the intent of attacking but are swatted away when his sand shield comes up. Shino simply spreads his arms as if daring Gaara to attack him. Hinata brings her hands to the sides of her eyes and with a cry of "Byakugan!" is able to see Gaara's Chakra openings. All three teammates nod to each other and rush Gaara. Shino releases some of the bugs at Gaara, but soon finds that they cannot get past his sand shield. Hinata punches the sand repeatedly and forces her own Chakra into Gaara's system through his open points.

"Wow, now there is a girl, a good fighter, and an excellent strategist. If physical force won't get through, use their own energy systems against them." Mumbles Ranma, slightly too loudly for both teammates hear him.

"Ranma has a crush, Ranma has a crush," they chant in unison.

"Shut up, you are ruining our image. Leave me alone or it's the neko-ken for both of you." They fall silent.

The sand begins to fall as Shino's bugs eat the Chakra stored in the shield. Gaara explodes his shield outward knocking them off their feet. He raises his hand and calls out "Desert Coffin!" the sand quickly surrounds the members of team Akamaru. After a minute it becomes obvious that they cannot get out and the match is called.

"Match two winner: Team Sand. Will the participants for match three Teams Animal and Gai take your places. Begin!"

The animals uncloak their hands two with paper, one with scissors.

"Looks like I win this one!" Ranma proudly exclaims "Now do not interfere in my fight." Team Gai face faults at this.

"We know, just hurry up" Naruto replies, obviously upset.

"They were playing rock, paper, scissors to see who gets to fight us?" Lee asks from the floor "I guess we should do the same, it is only fair."

"I'll go!" announces Tenten pulling out a set of bonbori

"Are you an Amazon?" Ranma asks her

"Huh? No, why do you ask?"

"…no reason." `great a weapon user, this will at least be a little fun, I'm glad I kept all Mousse's weapons from out fights.'

The female ninja rushes at Ranma bonbori positioned at head level, but when she reaches him all she sees is a flash of silver and the heads of her weapons are missing.

"I'm sorry, I broke your toys, I have some replacements if you want them."

"No thanks, I make it a point not to accept weapons from strangers."

"I insist" Ranma says with a smile just before he begins pulling chains, swords, spears, bonbori, and every other kind of conceivable weapon from weapon space, even a few duck shaped potty trainers. In less than two seconds there was a 20 by 20 foot pile of weapons spread over the poor girl, none doing damage, but sucessfully pinning her to the ground none the less. Needless to say the people in the stands were stunned.

"Where did he hide all of those? That's unlike any technique I have ever seen." Lee gasps in amazement and a little bit of fear.

"Well that was short. Tell you what the next one of you to attack me can have a free hit. How does that sound?"

"My turn," Neji stated in a voice that brooked no argument "he is too cocky, I'll take him down a notch." Lee merely gestured for him to go. To Ranma he said "you are going to wish you hadn't offered that, but I will take you up on it." Invoking his Byakugan he charged Ranma and proceded to close all his Chakra openings.

"Neat trick, but it will take more than that to stop a member of Animal." He then let his battle aura flow into the visible spectrum. A blue silver glow surrounded Ranma, and began to expand for an inch or two.

"H..How? I closed all your Chakra openings, you shouldn't be able to do this." Neji faltered. "It's impossible!"

"Yes you managed to close all my Tsubos (Chakra openings) but this is not Chakra." Ranma stated as he gathered his energy into his hands, "it's over. Mokou Takibisha!" A silver-blue ball about the size of a basketball shot from his hands and struck Neji in the chest, picking him up off the ground and smashing him into a wall. Neji was ko'd on impact and managed to leave a body impression. "Last but not least, we have Fuzzy Eyebrows."

"Don't call me that, ever! You took my rival out, and only I was supposed to do that, I will now defeat you in a shining moment of victory." He began removing the wrappings from his hands. "I can see that I will not be able to defeat you the normal way, so I must resort to opening the first gate." His body began to glow blue and Chakra spun around him like a snake "INITIAL LOTUS!" he shot forward and managed to hit Ranma once, removing his cloak due to the pressure created on his pull back after that Ranma let a cry of "Katchuu Tenshin Amaguriken!" and managed to block the next 1,499 punches directed at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"We finally get to see what one of them is like under the cloak" Ibiki states

"He's a Hunk!" Anko enthuses with hearts in her eyes "It's criminal to hide a body like that!" Hokage just shakes his head as the other instructors sweat drop. Strangely enough this comment and others like it were not uncommon at this time and women began to flood the Animal stands.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"You're fast." Ranma tells Lee

"You haven't seen any thing yet, Opening the second gate!" more Chakra flows around him.

"I may have to change forms to have the speed to defeat you, but make no mistake I will defeat you." With that Ranma becomes Ranko, many guys begin drooling.

"Putting up an illusion of a beautiful girl will not defeat me!"

"Why don't you test it out? Scared?" Lee once again rushes Ranma, but this time is unable to land a single punch due to Ranma again using his speed technique

"No more playing games, Opening the third and fourth gates!" More Chakra builds up and the air around him turns red. "EXTREME LOTUS!" `must finish this fast, I don't know how long my body can sustain this pressure'

`Oh crap!' thinks Ranma `um.. too fast to block guess I'll have to change' he then changes to his Male Feral form, unfortunatly Lee hits him into the air before he can do anything else. For the next three minutes all that can be seen is Ranma bouncing around in the air, seemingly hitting nothing, but still taking damage. With a cry of "PRIMARY LOTUS" Lee smashed Ranma into the ground, creating a dust cloud that swept the arena. Lee landed about ten feet from Ranma and fell to his knees, right foot and arm damaged from the last blow. In the silence that followed one could hear Ranma whisper "Bakusai Tenketsu revised: Ground Chaser" as he placed his finger on the ground. A second later the ground around Lee exploded, and combined with the damage done to his muscles from the Lotuses, it was enough to K.O. him. Ranma, still conscious but barely able to move a finger and heavily damaged was declared the winner, and his teammates carried him off the field, stopping only to retrieve his protector, but leaving the cloak where it lay. His weapons were stacked in the stands near the Animal box.

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"To withstand the Primary Lotus and still gather enough energy to use an attack, what is he made of?" Gai-sensei asked of Kakashi-sensei

"I don't know, but I couldn't begin to copy his moves, they use an energy completely foreign to me. Even my sharingan was of no use." Kakashi responded "but what suprises me more is that none of those transformations were illusions, he really has more than one form. The reason behind the clan name makes more sense now. I wonder what the others turn into?"

--------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------

"Sir you must allow us to take him to the doctors, he may die if we don't." an instructor told Recca.

"No, he will regain concousness soon enough, and he will be fully healed by the end of the week"

"Sir that is impossible, he will be in a coma for at least a week, and lucky to be fully healed in a month."

"n..no doctors. I've had worse." Ranma slurred, barely awake, but regaining strength.

The instructor looked at him, nodded, and slowly walked away, clearly in shock. The girls near him started deluging him with questions, not noticing the obvious hardship it was to stay awake.

"Ladies please, give him a few minutes to recover and return his weapons to storage, then you can speak to him, if you don't allow him the necessary time, I will arrange for you to leave."

`heh, Recca the diplomat' thought Ranma

Just then the voice of Hayate-sensei echoed through the chamber, "Ladies and Gentlemen, we will now have an hour's break, then we will begin the second round of combat."

Authors note:

Yea, I changed the fight structure around, but I figured that this would be better than the alternative. I am still looking for pre-readers for this, so if you are interested in that please say so in a review. Thank you to all the readers who took the time to review this. I'm thinking of pairing Ranma up with Hinata or Anko, but am not sure. Respond with ideas for any pairings for any of the three Animals, but be sure to include a reason or they will be discounted. Ranma will NOT be paired with a guy.

Littlepet: All three felt they could trust the others. This is Ranma, Recca, and Naruto, of course they pick up techniques fast. Plus Naruto had to show Ranma the transformation technique before he could manipulate Jusenkyo, it required a minimal amount of Chakra knowledge, something that wasn't used on Ranma's world.

Kura-Kun: Maybe I do, Maybe I do. No, I guess not. Actually I just didn't notice it was switched off, but now I can accept unsigned reviews, though I still prefer them to be signed.

VuDragon88: It was similar up to this point because of the lack of influence Ranma and Recca had on this world, but now it will begin to diverge a bit. Oh and Ochimaru will not show up, I just don't like him.

Tetramatthew: Yea it would be funny there, but if you notice in the anime/manga Ranma never hits on him. Anko has no such reservations with hitting on him though, as you can see.