Forgotten Realms Fan Fiction ❯ The Fateful Coin ❯ Chapter 6 : Part 1 - Let Sleeping Dogs Lie ... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Hello to all of my devout readers! This is a REAL short one here. Sorry about that. As Always, please read and review!
Chapter 6:
Part 1
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie...
Anashra was jolted out of reverie by the sound of someone screaming. She bolted upright in her bedroll. It was Thalen. He was thrashing around in his sleep, and screaming at the top of his lungs. “No! No! NOT AGAIN! NEVER AGAIN!” Anashra briefly wondered if she should wake him, then got to her feet with an evil grin; he had woken her up so why should he get to sleep? Plus, he did not seem to be enjoying his rest. She crept over to his side, her boots never made even the barest whisper of sound over the fallen leaves. Anashra stopped just a few inches from where he was. He was screaming again, “Gods, NO! You bastards!” She looked at him, all thoughts of mischief forgotten. What horrors haunted this man, that he could find no peace? “Why? Why? No! ” Anashra placed her hand upon his chest, and said softly, “Thalen ... wake up, Thalen ...” Anashra let out a sharp, “Oh”, she looked down.... there were a pair of hilts protruding from her stomach. Thalen was looking at her in shock; his green - gray eyes were filled with horror. She saw him look at his hands; they were covered in blood ... Her blood. It seemed quite odd to her that she could see his face clearly, but everything else was blurry and out of focus. Thalen's face was fading, fading into blackness. Anashra knew no more...
 
Muahhaha! I am EVIL! A cliffhanger! ...
What was Thalen dreaming about? Why did he attack Anashra? What will Thalen do now?
All in the next part of this chapter!