Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Acting ❯ Scene 5: Back to School ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hi folks. Ok, I am so weak against reviews. I will post on occasion, no guarantees mind you. College tend to interfere with writing.
 
Just so everyone remembers, there's no way in hell I own any FB characters.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------
 
Chapter 7: Scene 5: Back to school
 
“Are you ready?” Tohru asked as she and the boys slowly made their way down the street.
 
They both nodded.
 
“This ain't gonna be fun.” Kyo whispered. He didn't say anything, but his ribs had been bothering him for the last few minutes of the walk.
 
“Honda-san, are you sure that you haven't heard any of the club girls talking?”
 
Tohru thought for a bit, “Well, none of them seem any more worried then normal. They've all been upset.” Tohru laughed nervously.
 
As they approached the campus gates they saw one of their teachers, Shiraki-sensai, waiting to one side looking bored.
 
“Oye, Sensei.”
 
Shiraki looked in Kyo's direction. “There you are! What the hell could have possibly happened to you that you'd need to be out for a week?”
 
She gave them both an apprising look.
 
“Never mind, Shigure,” she said name like it was poison, “called the school and told me what to expect. Well, you've missed club choices so fate has landed you both in drama. Other then that it's the typical absentee drill.”
 
She turned to walk away, “Oh yeah, you both get out of p.e. and you,” she waved in Yuki's general direction, “may want to be careful. A lot of the girls have been acting weird for the last twenty minutes or so.” She left them standing there.
 
Kyo and Tohru glanced at Yuki.
 
“Come on Nezumi, only one way to find out.” Kyo told him.
 
“Yeah, they might all be nervous about a class or something.” Suggested ever optimistic Tohru.
 
Yuki sighed, nodded, and started moving again. The others began walking as well; Yuki made sure to stay behind them. They got three steps past the school gates before a wave of female students came rushing towards them, deafening everyone with cries of “Yuki!” “Oh Prince Yuki!” and such.
 
Yuki paled and tried to back up, a hard thing to do in crutched.
 
Tohru tried to bare the path. “Stop, please, you'll hurt him.” She told them urgently.
 
The onrush of girls wavered, but did not halt.
 
Kyo growled softly and marched forward a few paces.
 
“Stop before I make you stop, you're just going to hurt him worse then he already is!” he snarled at them.
 
The stamped screeched to a stop at Kyo's harsh words. Then they realized Yuki was leaning lightly on a pair of crutches and that some bandaging could be seen sticking out from the right sleeve of his school shirt. They all hung their heads and muttered, “Sorry Prince Yuki Souma.”
 
One of the girls, the new president, stepped forward, “We were worried when you had been gone for so long. We feared something terrible had happened.”
 
“I see, I was out to recover from an accident that occurred near my home.” He gave them a reassuring smile.
 
It was then that another of the teachers walked by.
 
“What are you all doing here? Move or you'll be late for class.” He barked.
 
Everyone started and hurried off to class, with Kyo relying heavily on the railing in the stairwells, and Tohru worrying and offering help. Even with all the trouble everyone made it to class well before the bell.
 
In the classroom there was another crowd waiting for the guys. Shouts and comments rang out.
 
“Whoa, what happened to you two?” was the loudest.
 
“Landslide.” They answered in unison.
 
“Landslide? What landslide?”
 
“How could that have crept up on you?”
 
“So why does Yuki have crutches?”
 
“You hurt Kyo?”
 
Uo's voice rang out suddenly, “Hey Tohru, come here and let those two sort it out themselves.”
 
Tohru hesitated.
 
“Go on.” Yuki told her.
 
She nodded reluctantly and worked her way out of the crowd as Kyo began answering questions.
 
“The one near our house, duh it's sudden, broken leg, yes…” he gasped suddenly and trailed off, resisting the urge to clutch his ribs.
 
“Three of his ribs are fractured, among a few other things,” Yuki said quietly, “Now, can you move so that we can get to our seats?”
 
“Of course.”
 
“Right.”
 
“Sure thing.”
 
The group scrambled out of the way so Yuki and Kyo could get their seats.
 
Kyo held Yuki's crutches while he got himself oriented in the desk. Once Yuki was properly in his seat Kyo handed him the crutches before going to sit at his own desk a few chairs up.
 
The following two class periods proceeded as normal, although, students snuck occasional glances at Yuki or Kyo. The idea of either of them being hurt was so foreign to their minds.
 
When p.e. came up, the boys ended up sitting under a tree on the edge of the track while the rest of the class run the marathon.
 
“I received the list of club meetings.”
 
“Yeah? Guess it helps that you're student body president, huh?”
 
“Um-hmm, we have one today.”
 
“Drama, they can't really give us a speaking part can they?”
 
“I don't know.”
 
“Well, do you at least know what's going on at the meeting today?”
 
“The list said, `discussing roles for the next play.'”
Kyo twitched slightly.
 
“Which is…?”
 
“A Mid-Summer Night's Dream.”
 
“A Mid-Summer Night's Dream?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Right…”
 
Kyo spent a great chunk of the rest of the period muttering darkly to himself, mostly about parts, people, fairies, and evil directors.
 
Yuki spent a few moments being somewhat surprised that Kyo actually knew the play well enough to complain as thoroughly as he was. After that he sat and was the perfect image of princely displeasure.
 
Talk about ending the first act with a twist.
 
-----------------------------------
 
Alright, so there's the 7th chapter. Good? Still interested? Please do review.