Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Because I Love You ❯ Ignorance is Bliss ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Because I Love You.


A poignant story of love between Yuki and Tohru.


DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN FRUITS BASKET. IT BELONGS TO ITS AUTHOR.
I FULLY RESPECT THAT AND THIS IS A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION IN WORDS. NOT EXACTLY IN THE FIRST CHAPTER THOUGH CAUSE IT IS BASED ON EPISODE ONE OF THE ANIME. THANKS FOR READING.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------

CHAPTER 1: Ignorance is Bliss.


Yuki and Tohru have been in love with each other for nearly a year. To Yuki, Tohru is precious, his princess, and his lover. When he set his eyes on her during registration day at Kaibara High, he was smitten. They ended up in the same class. Tohru was beautiful. He was cursed, he would transform into a rat when being hugged by the opposite gender. It made him shy away from physical contact as well as normal social life and dashed his hopes of ever being in a relationship. Another obstacle would be Akito. After what happened to Hatori and Kana........ Akito's response made every cursed Sohma think twice of ever being in a relationship.


Yuki could only admire and love her from a distance, in his dreams but not in real life. A series of events resulted in Tohru living with the Sohmas. First she moved into the woods and lived in a tent after her mother died and her grandfather's house was being renovated. She met Shigure and Yuki one morning and told them she was living somewhere nearby. They found out about her living in a tent on Sohma property that night and talked to her about it. While they were talking a landslide occurred and her tent was destroyed. Shigure let her stay for the night because she was having a fever. When Yuki heard about Tohru's story he vowed that he would protect her and help her achieve her dreams, Shigure decided to let her live in their home and be their housekeeper.Tohru found about the curse soon.Yuki expected her to leave and never come back but instead she was understanding and accepted them. She knew it was a secret and guarded it well.


A few months later Akito died. Yuki confessed his love to Tohru soon after and she agreed to be his girlfriend. Tohru loved Yuki too but she thought he was too perfect for her therefore undeserving for he deserved someone better not her but when Yuki said I love you she cast all those doubts into the ocean and believed that he, Sohma Yuki truly loved her Honda Tohru. The threat was over and he could almost live a normal life. Although the curse still existed, Tohru understood that it wasn’t his fault. She loved him; he loved her. That was all that mattered. Everything seems to be going their way. They will graduate soon, go to collage and get married after finishing collage.


Her dreams were coming true. She will get her diploma like what her mother wished her to hold and he would have a family a normal life with someone that she loved so much. Tohru always told Yuki how she would really love to have a family, after finishing collage. She wanted to be a mother and love her children the way her mother loved her, a love that she couldn't experience completely due to her sudden death. There was genuine happiness and love in the whole Sohma household although the curse remains unbroken. Everyone is doing well, pure bliss...………………..

Akito wouldn’t terrorize them anymore.


THANKS, FIRST STORY.PLEASE REVIEW! NEXT CHAPTER SOON.