Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Bloody Valentine ❯ Chapter I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shia: Hi everyone! Shia here reporting for duty!
 
Sesshi and Sasha:…..
 
Shia: Okay, so here's the deal- My computer is being stupid so I'm going to post my story on Sesshi's username!
 
Sesshi: I think they really couldn't care less…
 
Sasha: Just shut up and start the story!
 
Shia: (frowns at her friends) Alright, I'm starting! Here's my disclaimer- “I don't own the song “Bloody Valentine” (which is property of Good Charlotte) or the Fruits Basket characters (property of Natsuki Takaya) although I do wish I owned Kyo-kun…”
 
Sesshi: (hits Shia on the head)
 
Shia: (laughing) Okay, okay- I'm starting! ~Oh, and all Yuki fans have better not read this! If you do, I'm dead for sure! ~
 
Bloody Valentine
 
“Oh my love
Please don't cry
I'll wash my bloody hands and
We'll start a new life…”
 
Kyo sighed and slipped the knife back into his pocket. He had finally done it, but now he had to get home before the police realized anything was up. The only problem was that it was raining outside, would he be able to get home? Well, he would soon find out as he ran out into the night.
 
The alley was about a fifteen minute walk from the house. Usually Kyo would have made it with ease, but not when it was raining. Completely worn out, Kyo stumbled into a pizza shop and pulled out his cell phone. He was too tired to run, so getting a ride from Tohru (who now had her own car) was the next best thing.
 
“I ripped out
His throat
And called you on the telephone to…”
 
Minutes later, a car in front of the pizza shop honked its horn. Kyo ran out and saw Tohru's car waiting. After getting in, Tohru greeted him with her usual smile.
 
“Not feeling the best today, are we Kyo?” she smiled.
 
Kyo grunted and turned his gaze to look outside the window. “The rain really came on fast…” he murmured.
 
Tohru smiled again. “Have you seen Yuki around lately?” Yuki and Tohru had been going out for the past two months. Early that morning Yuki dropped off Tohru at the mall and disappeared. Tohru hadn't worried about the disappearance though; she would see him later for their Valentine's Day dinner. However, when he didn't show up, she wasn't quite sure what to think.
 
Kyo's stomach sunk. Was he really to tell her the truth? To just go up and say, “I killed him because I can't stand to see him with you,”? Not a good idea. “Why would I hang out with that damn rat?” he decided to go with.
 
“Take off
My disguise
Just in time to here you cry when you…”
 
There was an awkward silence after that. Kyo closed his eyes and started to drift off when he heard police sirens. His eyes opened slowly back up. To his horror, he found himself right by the alley. There were at least a dozen police cars and policemen, a bunch of “do not cross” tape, and a huge crowd blocking the road.
 
“I wonder what happened…” Tohru thought aloud.
 
“I…I'm sure it's nothing. Let's just… go home,” Kyo stuttered.
 
He tried, but Tohru's interest was too great. Soon enough, Tohru got out of her car and into the rain to see what it was. Kyo didn't know what to do. Stay in the car or follow Tohru? He already knew what they had found- a dead Yuki with a huge slit to his throat. After debating in his head, Kyo sighed and got out of the car to go find Tohru. How would she handle this?
 
“You mourn the death of your bloody valentine
The night he died
You mourn the death of your bloody valentine
One last time”
 
By the time he finally found her, she was with the police leaning over the dead Yuki. It was hard to see in the dark of night, but her face was entirely red as the tears ran down her face and made a mini waterfall. Kyo ran over to her.
 
“Tohru, are…are you alright?” Kyo asked. How stupid of him to ask that. Of course she wasn't alright! Nevertheless, she looked up at him with the most horrified face Kyo had ever seen in his life. It practically ripped his heart right out of his chest.
 
“He's….he's really gone!” was all she could say and started to sob as she rested her head in hands.
 
Kyo hesitated, but put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “It's… alright…” he said quietly.
 
“NO! It's not alright!” Tohru snapped making Kyo jump back in surprise. When she realized what she did, Tohru said, “I'm sorry…It's… it's just…”
 
“No, it's fine,” Kyo sighed and started to walk away. Tohru grabbed his hand making him stop in his tracks.
 
“I really am sorry Kyo. It's just all a shock to me…” Tohru sniffed and looked down. Without thinking, she hugged Kyo's arm and began to sob again. Surprised again, Kyo hesitantly gave her a reassuring squeeze to Tohru's hand.
 
“Singin'
Oh, my love
Please don't cry
I'll wash my bloody hands and
We'll start a new life”
 
After Tohru's sob died down, Kyo started to walk Tohru to the car. It would probably be best if she got some rest; and him too for that matter (at least until the rain stopped). As they neared the car, a policeman tapped Kyo on the shoulder.
 
“Is this the young man sir?” the policeman asked a youth with brown hair. The child nodded. The policeman turned back to Kyo and said, “Sir you are under arrest for murder. Put your hands on your head and stand by the car please.”
 
Great, just great. This is what Kyo just needed- a witness.
 
Tohru looked at Kyo in a shocked expression. “You mean….You're the one that…?”
 
“Look, I can explain…” Kyo said with a pitiful expression in his eyes.
 
“No need to…” Tohru said quietly. She stood there for a few seconds and ran off in tears.
 
“Damn,” Kyo thought as he was handcuffed and put into a police car, “I killed that damn rat but now Tohru hates me…”
 
“I don't know
Much at all
I don't know wrong from right
All I know is that I love you tonight”
 
~The Next Morning~
 
Kyo laid on the top bunk bed with his eyes closed thinking about what had happened the other day. What was Akito going to think? What were any of the Sohma's going to think?
 
“There was
Police and
Flashing lights
The rain came down so hard that night and the…”
 
Kyo's thoughts were interrupted when a clang was heard by the door to his cell. “Is this Kyo Sohma?” a voice asked.
 
Kyo picked his head up and leaned over. “Yeah, that's me…”
 
“Come with me please, you have a visitor,” the person said and unlocked the cell door.
 
The neko (cat) jumped off the bed and ran over to the door. He followed the person to the visitor area. The area included of a room divided into two sides by a counter with a window. On one side the visitor sat in a chair and the other was meant for the prisoner. The two people would talk to each other through a little speaker in the window. The person showed Kyo to a seat and told him the visitor would be in shortly. Kyo slumped back in the chair. Was his visitor Tohru?
 
“Headlines read
A lover died
No tell-tale heart was left to find when you…”
 
Kyo didn't have to wait long. In just a few moments, Shigure came walking into the other half of the room and took a seat.
 
“Great, that's just what I need- the stupid dog to show up and start joking around…” Kyo grumbled.
 
However, for once, Shigure had a stern look on his face as he took a newspaper he was holding and waved it at Kyo. “Congrats, you made the front page,” the inu (dog) smiled. That serious face didn't last long.
 
Shigure slipped the paper under the glass and over to Kyo. Kyo snatched it and looked at the heading. “A lover killed on Valentine's Day, what a stupid headline…” he mumbled.
 
“You mourn the death of your bloody valentine
The night he died
You mourn the death of your bloody valentine
One last time”
 
The dog smiled at him. “Well, I'm only the messenger, and here, take this…” Shigure said and handed Kyo a cell phone. Confused, Kyo took it and looked at the screen. “Just say hello.”
 
Hesitantly, Kyo put the phone to his ear. “Hello?”
“Kyo? This is Tohru…”
 
“Singin'
Oh my love please don't cry
I'll wash my bloody hands and
We'll start a new life”
 
“Tohru?” the neko asked.
 
“Yeah… I just wanted to know… why…you did that,” Tohru said slowly.
 
“Why?”
 
“That's what I just said.”
 
“I don't know much at all
I don't know wrong from right
All I know
Is that I love you tonight…”
 
Kyo tried to gather his thoughts. Should he tell her the truth? What would she think of him?
 
“Kyo, are you still there?” the girl asked.
 
“Huh? Oh, um, yeah. Still here.”
 
“Will you tell me why then?”
“Tonight…”
 
“Do you really want the truth?” Kyo asked.
 
“Would I be asking if I didn't want to know?” Tohru asked. She had a point there.
 
“Alright…how do I put this? I…I just…uh….”
 
“If you're not going to tell me, I'll just hang up,” Tohru sighed.
 
“Just wait, I don't want this stupid dog listening,” Kyo said and motioned Shigure out of the room. At first he didn't move, but finally went out after Kyo clenched his fist at the window.
 
“Is he out yet?” Tohru yawned. (She was really tired from crying herself to sleep that night.)
 
“Yeah, yeah, he's out. Now…um, well, basically, I…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“I…can't stand to see him with you. Each time I saw him smile it made me want to kick him to the other side of the globe…”
 
“Oh…well, would you… mind telling me how you…” Tohru stuttered.
 
“Killed him?”
 
“Uh, yeah…”
 
“Fine, I'll explain,” sighed Kyo.
 
“He dropped you off, I followed him home
Then I, stood outside his bedroom window
Standing over him, he begged me not to do
What I knew I had to do cause I'm so in love with you…”
 
There was an awkward silence following the explanation. Tohru was at lost of words. Kyo was just waiting for a response.
 
“So…you slit his…throat at home and…” Tohru tried to say.
 
“And carried the body to the alley? Yes,”
 
“…Well, thank you for telling me the truth. I…got to go now and…probably throw up or something…”
 
“Uh, yeah, bye,” Kyo said and switched the phone off.
 
“Oh my love
Please don't cry
I'll wash my bloody hands and
We'll start a new life…”
 
A few minutes later a few policemen came into the room and instructed Kyo to follow them. Kyo obediently got up and found himself walking towards the exit where Shigure was waiting. The policemen said something, but Kyo was too confused to listen. The police left after a while leaving the two of them alone.
 
“So…I'm leaving?” Kyo asked.
 
“Yep, your bail money has been paid for,” Shigure said mockingly.
 
“Uh, thanks I guess…” the embarrassed neko said and looked down.
 
The inu smiled. “Don't thank me, although I won't mind taking it. But you should really be thanking Tohru.” The two guys walked outside into the afternoon sunshine.
 
Kyo blocked the sun out of his eyes. Maybe Tohru wasn't so mad after all. Okay, she was mad. This proved that she'd eventually get over it though. With a slight smile on his face, Kyo followed Shigure to the car.
 
“I don't know much at all
I don't know wrong from right
All I know is that I love you…
 
Tonight…
 
Tonight.”
 
The End
 
Sesshi and Sasha:…
 
Shia: So, what do you guys think?
 
Sasha: You do realize Misha's going to kill you for this…
 
(NOTE: Misha is the angel of the group who fancies Yuki)
 
Shia: (anime sweat drop) Yeah, well, she's not exactly going to see this…
 
Sesshi: Not if I have something to say about it! MIHSA!!!
 
Shia: NO! (Tries to tackle Sesshi but gets pushed)
 
(Shia and Sesshi start to fight as Sasha sits and watches them with an evil smile.)
 
Sasha: Also Sesshi and I, we have a thing called PYROMANIA we accept flames with open arms
 
Sesshi:(stops arguing with Shia) Yes we are!