Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Conflict, Romance, and Naughty Secrets ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Haru had been pacing about his room for almost an hour. Momiji had grown tired of watching him and was now watching the floor. " Will you just go talk to her already! I mean, she hasn't come out of her room in 5 hours and it's all your fault!"

" Shut up, you stupid bunny!" and with that Haru kept pacing the room.

Momiji was afraid of Black Haru coming back, but he needed to be told. "Whatever. I'm telling you. I know her better than you do. And if you were to just go apologize and do something nice for her, like... bring some dinner up for her! You can't just pace around your room, while she is in her's crying!" Momiji was on his feet, he was getting really angry at Haru. Haru had hurt Tohru and he wasn't going to get away with that.

"Fine, I'll go talk to you her." Haru stepped out of his door and stood infront of hers.

Momiji sat back down on Haru's bed, "3...2...1..." Momiji leaned back and counted looking at the ceiling, 'Haru is hopeless.' Momiji thought.

"I can't do this! She'll probably throw something at me! Or never want to speak to me again!" Haru sat down on his bed for the first time in the past hour, and put his head in his hands. He thought about what Yuki had said to him earlier...

------FLASHBACK------

"Haru, Honda-san was embarrased at what you did. But there's more to why she's upset than what you did." holding out an ice pack to Haru.

"Why else is she upset? Did I do something that she didn't like yesterday?" Haru said, taking the ice pack. Yuki had to hit him pretty hard for him to get out of his 'black' personality. "I mean, I asked her to go on a date with me today, but she seemed happy about that. What did I do?" Haru said, looking up at Yuki hopefully. Haru wanted Yuki to tell him what was wrong with the girl he liked very much. But something told Haru that he was going to have to find out for himself.

Yuki stood up and started to open the door. He turned around and faced Haru who was sitting on the top step outside. "You'll have to ask her yourself, I'm not going to tell you. Don't tell her we talked at all. She didn't want me to tell you that. She didn't want you to worry about her." He said that, and walked inside.

------END FLASHBACK------

"Well, Haru. You can either go in there and find out what's wrong with her or you can, never speak to her again. Simple as that." Momiji was hoping that Haru was to distracted to noticed he lied. Tohru never held grudges. She would probably talk to him tomorrow even if he didn't go in to apologize tonight.

"You're right. I'll go and talk to her." Momiji rolled his eyes. Haru noticed, "I mean it this time! I'm gonna do it!"

He stood in front of her door and sighed. Momiji stood at the door and watched Haru. He had to do it this time, otherwize it would be to late and she would probably want to sleep. He sighed again and knocked twice. All he heard was a sob.

"Tohru-chan? It's Haru. May I please come in?" another sob.

"Alright. Come in." Tohru said her voice was very shaky from crying. She had woken up from her nap not to long ago from a terrible dream about her mother, that left her scared and crying.

"Tohru. I - I wanted to apologize for what I did. It was very stupid of me, so would you please for-"

She hadn't turned around to look at him. He figured it was because she was afraid she looked so bad from crying so much. She broke him off before he could fnish, "I forgive you. And I'm sorry too. I really wanted to on a date with you but - " she broke down into another set of sobs. Haru sat down on her bed next to her and started to rub her arm gently.

"Is there something else bothering you? You know you can talk to me." Haru said. Seeing her cry wanted to make him cry. He looked over her body and saw that the picture of her mother was lying next to her. The picture had tear streaks on it. Tohru couldn't speak, she was crying to hard. Tohru sat up with a little bit of trouble. She kept her head down so that Haru couldn't see her face. She put her face in her hands after she had put the picture of her mother on her lap.

"I wanted to go on a date with you Haru-san. But I was going to tell you this morning that I couldn't, because- because, today is the anniversary of my mothers death..." Tohru broke out into violent sobs. Haru wished he could hug her. He wanted to hug her to tightly. Instead he took one of her hands that was clenching on to her sheets as if for dear life. He kissed her hand and put it up to his face. He then put a hand on her chin to lift up her head. She kept her eyes closed. Her nose, cheeks, and eyelids were bright red.

"Tohru. I'm sorry. If I had known then I wouldn't have done anything to upset you. Not that I should anyother day. But today mostly. I'm sorry." Tohru opened her eyes and looked at Haru. Her eyes were glassy and blood-shot. A tear trickled down her face. Haru reached out and wiped it away. Since they couldn't hug, Tohru layed her head down on Haru's lap, and cried quietly. Haru stroked her hair.

"I just really miss her. She would be so mad at me if she saw me crying over her." Tohru some-what giggled at the thought of that.

"I'm sure she still watches over you, and that she misses you greatly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a long talk about Tohru's mom, her relationship with Haru and various other things. It was about 8 o'clock when Tohru and Haru made their way downstairs to get something to eat. They were so busy talking that they completely forgot about dinner. Tohru felt bad that she didn't come downstairs to cook for them. But it looks like Kyou made something for them. They both had some soup and rice balls. They ate together, still deep in conversation, laughing occasonially at a joke Haru told, or one of Tohru's more clumsy stories.

"Hey, who's in the... TOHRU!!!" Momiji came in finding Haru and Tohru sitting at the table.

"Oh, hey Momiji! How are you?" Tohru said smiling down at him.

"Yay! You are all better! Did Haru finally apologize? It took him forever to go over and see you. I mean, I got dizzy watching him pace back and forth, back and forth. Haru's such a loser. Owie!" Momiji was rubbing the back of his head after Haru had hit him hard. Momiji was about to protest when he looked up at Haru too see him standing up and his eyes were slightly black. Momiji sallowed hard, "Sorry, Haru. I didn't mean it." Tohru noticed how scared Momiji was.

"Haru, stay calm. Sit down." Haru sat back down, taking in a deep breath.

After Haru had calmed down, Momiji got a glass of water and went back upstairs to his bedroom. Haru and Tohru talked for a little while longer when Tohru said that she was really tired and had a headache. They walked upstairs together, and said their good nights.



------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

Please review and tell me if I should keep going with this story!!!!