Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Worry... ❯ Problems ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yarisha: Thought I'd try a Fruits Basket story/songfic.
 
Yasuo: It's not placed in any obvious time frame but it's just placed when Kyo is in school with Yuki and Tohru (who in this fic is `The Brunette').
 
Youko: Er… almost all the characters are in here… I think.
 
Kuronue: Disclaimer: Yarisha, the authoress, does not own the original Fruits Basket characters or personality. They belong to Natsuki Takaya.
 
Yarisha: Here goes nothing!
 
Yasuo: Quite literal!
 
Italics = Thoughts
 
(A.N: …) = Author's Notes
 
*-*-*-*-* = Scene change
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
~Ever been misunderstood, misused, or mislead
Ever knocked on the sky
And had it fall on your head
Well don't worry `bout it
Don't worry ~
 
A sigh escaped the lips of a young man as he sat down. He wore a tidy, clean school uniform, and sported a silver hair-do with a set of pale amethyst eyes. He sat a on a flat, cushioned pillow behind a low table, on it were plates of breakfast. He began eating as a young brunette haired girl entered into the room, placing her books down and holding a warm smile on her face. “Oh! Ohayo*! Is the food good, Sohma-kun!?” He nodded silently and smiled at the over enthusiastic girl as she sat down next to him. For more than five minutes they ate peacefully, until an enraged orange-haired boy stormed into the room, yelling at his follower. “There's no way I'm going to go another year of school with that Rat, Yuki!” Yuki sighed a second time and stood up as an older man, named Shigure, came into the room. “Kyo! You have to go back to the school. Plus, it's only for one more year!” Kyo hissed, “I don't care! I'm not going!!!” Kyo immediately ran for the nearest exit, where Yuki was already. Shigure and the girl both gasped in unison. “Kyo, watch out for Yuki!!” Upon hearing his name, Yuki turned around only to fall to the ground as Kyo's body crashed into his own. When Yuki finally got air back into his lungs he realized Kyo was laying on top of him.
 
~ Ever lost your luggage, your marbles, your house
Or found yourself in bed
With Uncle Sam or Mickey Mouse
Ever been accused of Murder
On Music Row
Or caught in morning traffic
When you really gotta go
Oh no! ~
 
He immediately blushed and tried to get up pushing Kyo off, while glaring at him. Kyo blinked and finally realized what happen. He merely scowled at Yuki while getting up and proceeding to run out of the room, while he yelled, “I'm still not going!” Yuki shook his head and turned to the other two. “Well?” He questioned Shigure as he brushed himself off and fixed his tie. Shigure stood with his head in his hands, sighing. “What are we going to do with him?” Yuki and the brunette girl shrugged.
 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 
~Life is funny
Life's a mess
Sometimes a curse
Sometimes a blessing
Don't worry `bout a thing
Don't worry `bout it! ~
 
Ayame, Ritsu, and Kagura sat in the main house waiting for the news on Kisa's health. Hatori walked from his medical room with Kisa following close behind. A small reserved expression played on her face as she stopped and stared at everyone. Hatori more or less smiled at them and place his hand on top of the young girl's head. “She's fine, but we will still need to keep up her monthly check ups. Otherwise her health bill could be no cleaner.” He nudged the girl forward to Kagura, who gave the child a great big hug. “YAY! Kisa's healthy! We have to tell Kyo and his friends, don't we, Kisa? Tohru will be happy to see you too!” Kisa nodded and smiled happily at the older girl and they set off to walking. As they disappeared out of the doorway Ayame stood and looked to Hatori. “Tori-san! We should follow them so we might gain some food! I should bring peaches!! Yes, Yuki loves peaches…or maybe…” Ayame began to ramble to Hatori who lit a cigarette and sat down.
 
~Life gets sticky,
Life can bruise.
Sometimes you win.
Some times you're losing.
No matter what it brings,
Don't worry `bout a thing! ~
 
Ritsu walked about the room looking at the various items in Hatori's office. “Oh. This is so nice.” He spoke aloud as he touched a glass globe, moving forward to peer at it more closely. He tripped and teetered unsteadily, before knocking over the expensive looking piece. His eyes widened as he saw the glass on the floor and quickly set to picking up the pieces as he apologized loudly in an almost shrill voice. Hatori sighed and blow out some of his cigarette smoke. “Here we go, again. It's going to be another one of those weeks.” Ayame ignored him and continued to ramble about what to bring to Shigure's house for Yuki.
 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 
~Ever sat yourself down
When the seat is all wet?
Or see you `ex'
Sucking face with a little brunette.
Don't worry `bout it.
No, Don't worry! ~
 
“You're a spoiled brat, you realize that right?” Haru told Momiji as they exited the clothing store. “I know! But these clothes are so cute! And plus, Kyo-kun and you can share, Haru!” Momiji informed him enthusiastically as he shifted the armloads of bags he was carrying. “And now onto the jewelry store to find a nice necklace for you, Haru!” Momiji squealed out and ran forward to the shop. “Yeah, yeah. Sure, whatever.” Haru mumbled as he followed after the overly excited rabbit. They took their time picking out what they wanted and set off to pay for it. Haru had chosen a blade pendant with a chained silver necklace for himself, while Momiji picked out a tiger necklace for Kisa's birthday, which was coming up soon.
 
~Ever lost your religion?
Ever lost your best friend?
Or found your last record,
In the bargain bin?
Or been stuck in divorce
Like crazy glue!
Or scraped someone else's gum
Off the bottom of your shoe.
Boo Hoo! ~
 
“That will be 150 in American dollars, Sir.” The clerk said as she rang up the prices of the items. Haru handed her his credit card and flashed his ID. Momiji hopped up and down. “THANK YOU, THANK YOU, HARU! Kisa will love her gift. I know she will.” He squeaked, happily. “Yes, she will. Now calm down. People are staring at us.” Haru told him with a warm smile. “Um, Sir, this credit card has only enough money on it for one of the two items you are asking for. Which one do you really want?” Haru blinked and turned his head back to Momiji, who looked slightly confused. “Um…which one…?” Haru repeated uneasily as he looked back to the necklaces.
 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 
~Life is funny.
Life's a mess!
Sometimes a curse,
Sometimes a blessing.
Don't worry `bout a thing,
Don't worry `bout it!
Life gets sticky.
Life can bruise,
Sometimes you win.
Sometimes you're losing!
No matter what it brings
don't worry `bout a thing!~
 
“AGH! I haven't eaten in five hours! I'm so ticked!!! I NEED FOOD!!” Uo-chan yelled out while clutching her stomach. Hana-chan sighed and stared at the people passing by. “We don't have money, Uo-chan. And we certainly can't go home and eat. You would pass out on the way there because it's so far away.” She pointed out while staring intently at a young male who was checking her out. He quickly walked away, spooked. “I KNOW!!! I just need some food, is all. Maybe I could beg someone for lunch!” Uo-chan cried out in a furious scream. “All give you cook you girls some food, if you'll do the dishes for me.” A young lady passing by said to them, with a welcoming smile. “Yes, we can do that. Thank you for your kindness.” Hana-chan said while shaking the woman's hand. “I LOVE YOU!!!!!!” Uo-chan shouted as she hugged the woman. The people walking passed them stared with bemused expressions. The three women walked off to the house.
 
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 
~Don't worry, don't worry!
We all got a little junk in the trunk
And when you're feelin' good as sunk (as sunk)
Remember, everything will be just fine
If I laugh at yours then you'll laugh at mine!
Life is funny
Life's a mess!
Sometimes a curse
Sometimes a blessing,
Don't worry `bout a thing.
Don't worry `bout it .~
 
“We're home, Shigure!” The brunette called out as Kyo, Yuki, and she entered the home. “Hey!! SHIGURE!” Kyo yelled loudly into the quiet home. “Stupid dog must be out.” Kyo mumbled before dropping his bag and stretching in a cat like way. “Good,” He continued while walking into the living room. “No more talk about another year with you, nezumi.” Yuki merely set his things down and pulled off his shoes before walking in after Kyo, with the young brunette girl behind him. Yuki sighed heavily before twisting his wrist and flinching. “My whole body is in pain after that exercise in gym class. I having a feeling this won't go away for weeks.” Yuki said while rubbing his face and stretching his arms and legs a bit. Kyo ignores his and plopped down onto the main couch, closing his eyes and yawning widely. The brunette girl made her way to the kitchen and with a smile, turned to both the standing and sitting boy. “What would you like for dinner?” “Anything but leeks.” Replied both boys, after which Kyo opened his eyes and stared at Yuki with an astonished look. Yuki glanced at Kyo before turning his full attention to the brunette. “Anything you would like, but we had leeks at school and I feel I've been scared for life. Thank you, Tohru.” Tohru nodded and ran into the kitchen, preparing to make the meal. Yuki turned to the sofa and stared hard at Kyo who had turned on his side away from Yuki and had also closed his eyes. “Move.” Yuki demanded as he kicked the back of Kyo's legs. “Why?” Kyo muttered indifferently as he moved his legs closer to himself, making room for Yuki. “Because I said.” Yuki replied, sitting down heavily on the couch. Kyo snorted and curled into himself and tried to fall asleep.
 
~Life gets sticky
Life can bruise
Sometimes you win
Sometimes you're losing!
No matter what it brings
Don't worry about a thing.
Life is funny
Life's a mess
Sometimes and curse
Sometimes a blessing
Don't worry `bout a thing
Don't worry `bout it!! ~
 
“Oi. Baka neko**. You're laying on the remote.” Yuki said while staring blankly at Kyo. “I am not, aho nezumi***.” Kyo retorted, stressing `aho', darkly. “At least say `baka'!” Yuki said jumping on Kyo and trying to search for the remote under him. “I don't have the remote! Get off!” Kyo said struggling against Yuki, who continued searching in any case. “I'm ho-. Whoops. Get a room, you two!” Shigure's voice finding its way over the yelling, making Yuki and Kyo freeze with shock. Both boys look over Yuki's shoulder at a grinning Shigure. “Wait till Ayame and Hatori hear about this! Where's the phone!?” Shigure laughed darkly as he ran into the kitchen. “Wait! It's not what it looks like!!” Both boys screamed as they helped each other up, hurriedly, running to the kitchen together. “SHIGU…re?” Coming to a sharp halt, both boys stared in horror as Ayame came into view, Hatori sitting in the corner, Kagura sobbing in Shigure's arms, Tohru obliviously making even more food, Momiji and Haru walking into the room, and finally Ritsu sitting quietly away form the breakables. “Oh look it's the couple. Hi, Yuki, Kyo.” Kagura looked up at Kyo, and then continued sobbing hysterically. “It's not fair! KYO'S MINE! MINEEEEEEEE!” She whined loudly. “I am not yours!” Kyo yelled at her. “Of course. You're Yuki's.” Ayame said before standing up and hugging his little brother. “I'm not his either!!!” Kyo yelled at Ayame, strongly, before stomping out of the room. “Oh. Mood swings. Horrible. You should go after him, Yuki.” Haru said with a toothy grin. Yuki growled furiously and yelled, “WHAT PART OF HETERO DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? OUT!” Everyone began to shuffle out of the house, besides Shigure and Tohru who had a stunned look on their face. “What?” Yuki asked heatedly as they shook their heads.
 
~Life gets sticky
Life can bruise
Sometimes you win
Sometimes your losing
No matter what it brings
Don't worry `bout a thing! ~
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
*Good morning
**Stupid/Idiot Cat
*** Idiot/Stupid mouse. More insulting because Kyo is using Osaka dialect.
 
Yarisha: BUWHAHAHAHAH!
 
Kyo and Yuki: That last part was evil!
 
Yasuo: We know.
 
Yarisha: Guess what! I did this all because of boredom. And now reading back on it…it looks horribly bad. Oh well….
 
Haru: No flames.
 
Shigure: We hope this wasn't the most boring and manga killing story ever. But disturbing is good!
 
Yarisha: Sorry for making you all suffer through this garbage of my insanity… Oh well!
 
All: Thanks and ja ne!