Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Love? ❯ Never let it end...... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: Natsuki Takaya owns all Fruits Basket characters and related things. I do not.
 
He was kissing me. At first just softly, tenderly, then stronger. Before I knew it, I was kissing him back, deep and hard. He ran his fingers through my hair and I felt my heart swell with joy. All this time I thought Kyou-kun didn't like me, and now I knew that my feelings weren't one sided. If only we could have stayed like that forever, just lying next to each other, so close, feeling his kisses inside of me. There was the sound of a door opening, and we knew that yuki or Shigure was home. Kyou and I broke apart, and he hurried from my room, blushing as he tried to fix his messy hair.
As I ate dinner that night, with the three Souma, I couldn't help but think about Kyou. I couldn't keep my eyes off him. I wanted to leap across the table and through myself into his arms, and it was all I could do to restrain myself. I glanced up from my plate to look at him, only to see that he was staring back at me. We both blushed simultaneously, but luckily no one noticed.
As I cleared the table, Kyou walked past me, and his fingers slipped into my hand for a moment. He kept on walking, like nothing had happened, and I opened my hand in surprise. He had slipped me a note and unfolding it, I saw that it read. “Meet me on the roof tonight after everyone goes to sleep” I carefully slipped the note into my pocket, and crossed my fingers that all would go well tonight.
Later, I met Kyou-kun on the roof as planned. He looked worried, and I immediately felt my heart sink.
“Tooru,” he began, looking into my eyes “whatever you do, don't, don't tell anyone about, you know, us. Not even Hanajima and Uotani, ok?”
“Why them, too?” I asked. I understood why we couldn't tell anyone else, Kyou had already explained to me that Akito didn't think a “monster” had the right to fall in love. And that his father, who wanted him dead, would do anything to ruin his life. But Hana-chan and Uo-chan?
 
“Because….things get out. If they told Yuki….he might…you know.”
 
“Yuki wouldn't tell Akito! He's not like that, and you can deny it all you want, but he isn't as evil as you make him out to be.”
 
Kyou sighed. “That's not what I meant. Things slip out. What if Shigure found out? I don't trust him, he might tell Akito. Or worse, my father.”
 
“Why would Shigure-san do something so cruel?” I asked.
 
Kyou let out his breath in exasperation. “Why do you trust that perv? You're hopeless, you know that?”
 
I laughed and Kyou smiled at me in spite of himself.
 
“Don't worry. I won't tell anyone. I promise”
I leaned in to kiss Kyou and he put his arms around me. I felt so at peace, in his arms, kissing him and feeling his warmth. I wasn't going to let anything come between us. Not Akito. Not Kyou's father. No one. I pressed against Kyou and kissed him harder. I didn't want this night to ever end. But I should have known it would.
“What are you doing on the roof so late at nigh-”
 
Kyou and I broke apart and whirled around to see who had caught us. My heart filled with terror as I squinted in the darkness. Please, I thought, don't let it end now.