Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ From Heaven to Hell ❯ Miami here we come ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: From Heaven to Hell is the sequel to my other story Midnight Phantom. I hope you enjoy this as much as the previous. NOTE: You don't need to read the first one to understand the second, unless you want to read it because I guess it might be more detailed than what I've written in my prologue XD Disclaimer: Oh and sadly I do not own Fruits Basket. Well here it is; chapter 1 and the prologue.
 
Prologue
 
We hardly realise how fast time is travelling, neither does Tohru Honda. About three months ago, an unfortunate event happened around the Sohma's. When the ghost of Ryoichi Sohma, the first head of the clan came back to haunt their lives, he left a decision with Akito. Over the years the head had always been born to die at an early age of less than 25 years, but they had an option. They could live longer only if they traded their lives for the twelve animals of the zodiac whereas if they refused, they would die for the zodiac.
 
As it was carried out to be a tradition, every head of the Sohma family agreed to depart in order for the jyuniishi to go on living but Akito. Ryoichi had heard his soft prayer; he had begun to slowly take down each and every one of the jyuniishi, making them terribly sick and some in comas. When Tohru found out, she couldn't bear the thought of losing them; a strange vision appeared in her mind as she fought to keep them alive.
 
An evil side appeared inside of her causing her to change her mind often. She poisoned Akito by placing rat poison in his tea. Akito somehow sensed there was something wrong with the tea and after drinking it, he realised that he was going to die that very day. But he didn't regret sipping the tea; after being hated for so long by more and more people, he felt guilty. People would hate him tremendously if he dared to trade his life in for the jyuniishi; he was a bit afraid that one day they would all betray him and forget how important he was. By sacrificing his life to be thought noble and kind, to be respected more, he died shortly after and Ryoichi returned back into his grave in peace.
 
Of course Tohru Honda had not forgotten what she had done, but she wasn't blamed for anything as the others understood her explanation of being manipulated since them too, had the same experience through changing moods, abnormal speech and more. But it was time to leave the past behind, live the present and hope for the future.

Chapter 1 Miami, here we come
 
“Tohru, Tohru, Tohru!” A voice shouted from the other side of the building. Tohru had gotten her job back as Momiji had helped her through his dad who owned the workplace. She was very thankful to Momiji since he had done so much for her.

Tohru turned around seeing Momiji running towards her and jumping up and down with excitement.
“What is it Momiji?” She asked.
 
“I convinced Shigure and the others to go on a vacation; we need a break so now we're going on a holiday cruise ship to Miami!!! It's going to be great. Hatori and Kureno decided to pass as well as Ritsu. Poor Kagura is feeling unwell so it's a no for her. Kisa's mum wanted her to stay because she thought she would be too young to go somewhere so faraway from Japan and Hiro, well he just followed Kisa. And you know what? You can invite all your friends, Hana and Uo right?” Momiji exclaimed.
 
“Why yes, this is so sudden, it's incredible, I've never been outside of Japan before, are you sure this is okay, I'm afraid I won't be able to afford it right now...”
 
“Nah, it's fine, I've got it covered, actually well we all do. Shigure, Yuki, Kyo, Ayame and me all shared equally and now you're coming with us. This is so exciting!” His voice started to get louder by every sentence.
 
“What about work?” Tohru queried.
 
“Oh Tohru, my dad says you can have a week or two off since I'm going as well and it's the school holidays, you deserve a to be treated well after all the chaos that has come past us.”
 
“I- I hope I'm not being rude…”
 
“You wouldn't wanna let us down now do you? I mean a holiday without you would just be boring.” He interjected with a small pout.
 
“No, of course not.”
 
“Then come on, let's get outta here!”
 
*~*
 
While everyone packed their suitcases full, they woke up in the early hours of the morning at 5am catching a shuttle to the port. They had invited Hana and Uo who gladly tagged along.
Everyone met up at the port; Tohru, Yuki, Kyo, Shigure, Momiji, Haru, Rin and Ayame which meant it was a trip for ten people.
 
“This is ridiculous, I'm tired and I need some sleep.” Kyo complained.

”Your fault for wanting to come along.” Uo replied.
 
“Yea well that's not the point…”
 
“Umm…anyone hungry, I baked some muffins just incase.” Tohru butted in before they could start an argument.
 
“Sure, I'll take one.” Yuki grabbed one from the basket and started munching.
 
“Oh whatever I'll take one as well.” Kyo's stomach started to grumble by just looking at the delicious white-chocolate chip muffins.
 
They passed through the immigration and they checked in with all their luggage. Then it was time to board the ship. The ship was called the Tropic Paradise Cruiser; the holiday was going to go for 12 nights and 13 days. 8 nights in the ship and the rest in Miami. They soon went separate ways to find their cabins, Ayame and Shigure shared a large suite. Yuki, Kyo, Haru and Momiji were forced to share one together and Uo, Hana, Tohru and Rin took one together as well. Each of their rooms were humongous and spacious, the rooms were painted in a creamy, light golden colour. It was two bedrooms per suite; it included a kitchen, a living room, two bathrooms (one for each room) and the entrance. Their cabins were all next to each other with the girls cabins in the middle.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“I cannot believe I have to share a suite with that damn Yuki.” Kyo commented rudely.
 
They ignored him as they decided the rooms.
 
“I'll share with Yuki.” Haru pointed out as he placed his baggage's next to Yuki's.
 
“I sense you've already done some planning Haru.” Yuki walked off and browsed the suite.

”That means I'll be sharing with Kyo!! Yay!” Momiji grinned.
 
“Oh great, I'm stuck with the rabbit, Hey! Who ever said that I wanted to share a room with Momiji?” Kyo shouted at the others.
 
“We're on holiday stupid cat, quieten down will you?” Yuki answered.
 
Kyo grunted as he stormed into his room closing the door behind him forbidding Momiji to enter. Momiji started to cry loudly as Yuki kicked the door open nearly breaking it, taking Momiji's luggage's into Kyo's room.
 
“Do consider that Momiji needs somewhere to sleep.” Yuki told Kyo.
 
“Oh yea, well he can sleep on the streets!” Kyo replied still in a bad temper.
 
“Stupid cat, you do realise we're going to be on a cruise ship, there are no streets.” He pointed out as Kyo ignored him; he hated it when Yuki corrected him.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
Ayame and Shigure stared at their room.
 
“It's lovely isn't it Aya?” Shigure asked loving the sight of luxurious items around them.
 
“Yes it is, but it was a shame that Hari didn't join us. I tried my best to persuade him but he said he had some `stuff' to do. Maybe he's getting back into dating, don't you think?” Ayame joked around staring into his reflection in the mirror and checking his hair for knots.
 
“Oh Aya, Hatori is so hard to understand, no wonder I still haven't figure him out.” Shigure said bluntly shaking his head in shame.
 
Ayame changed the subject; he didn't want his best friend to be sad on a holiday, especially when it was a fun, new experience for all of them.
 
“I should've asked Yuki to share a room with me, after all we're brothers.” Was the only thing that Ayame could think of fast enough.
 
“I'm sure your bond will grow closer during this holiday, come on lets go get the teenagers and we'll go explore the ship.” Shigure's mood brightened up as he remembered that he'd only seen his own suite but there was a whole large ship to see.
 
“Okay!” Ayame quickly agreed to Shigure's suggestion.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“It must've been very expensive to go on this cruise.” Tohru said.
 
“Well yea but it's worth it.” Uo replied.
 
“So who's sharing the rooms with whom?” Hana asked randomly.
 
“I'll share with Tohru.” Rin said casually since she didn't know Hana and Uo that much.
 
“Fine by me, of course you two don't mind right?” Tohru looked at Hana and Uo.
 
“Oh no, Rin's gonna take Tohru away from us…. Nah, no problem.” Uo laughed.
 
After a look around the hidden Balcony that was located behind a glass door covered by curtains, they took pictures of the sea view. Tohru even spotted a few dolphins leaping out of the water enjoying the attention. The ship had left the port; excitement was inside each and every one of the passengers.
 
They heard a knock at their door as they spotted Shigure's cheeky face appear.
 
“Girls, I've invited everyone to come explore the ship with me, would you like to come?”
 
“Yes, definitely!” Tohru smiled.
 
“Uhh I guess, if Tohru's going then we'll go too.” Uo and Hana said in unison.
 
“Sure, why not?” Rin shrugged.
 
The first stop they made was at an ice-cream parlour.
 
They had all ordered ice-cream except Hana and Uo. The ice-cream girl at the counter smiled with a friendly face.
 
“So what would you like to order?”
 
“I'll have dark chocolate please with chocolate sauce and chocolate sprinkles.” Uo said choosing to go with chocolate for everything.
 
“And you?” The girl turned to Hana
 
“Chicken.” Was her simple reply.
 
The girl stared at her weirdly.
 
“Haha, ignore her, she's just joking, right Hana?” Uo giggled.
 
“I don't joke.” Hana had a very serious expression.
 
“No seriously what do you want?” Uo asked.
 
“Chicken.”
 
“Hana stop it, this is an ice-cream parlour, not a meat shop.”
 
“Fine, I won't have anything then.” Hana sat back down empty-handed.
 
“Uhh….She'll have mint choc chip.” Uo made up an excuse as Hana's favourite was always mint choc chip. `What's with her?' Uo thought, she tried to ignore the fact that her friend was going wacko, ordering chicken at an ice-cream parlour.
 
The girl at the counter just accepted her request but she couldn't help but wonder what that was all about. That girl with the black hair was surely absent-minded.
 
Uo handed Hana the mint choc chip ice-cream. “Here just have this; it's your favourite right?”
 
“Actually it used to be but now its not but since you've already purchased it, I'll have it.”
 
`Now that's the Hana I know.' Uo's mind gave a sigh of relief.
 
“What took you guys so long?” Ayame questioned.
 
“I ordered chic-“
 
“Oh nothing, it just took Hana a while to decide and to think it through.” Uo lied.
 
They passed the big shopping arcade, the swimming pools, the deck where they could exercise, the casino which only Shigure and Ayame were aloud to enter, the grand lounge, the games room, the movie theatre, the spa, the relaxation area, the party place where people would go to dance their night away, the bar and the internet café.
 
The day passed fast and they finally reached the exquisite dining area restaurant where they would hold a different theme every night. They were all seated at a table with their own waiters. The theme that night was Japan since they had departed from that country. The menu was full of Japanese dishes, desserts, drinks, tea, wines and more. The restaurant was decorated with mini water falls, a beautiful garden setting with real plants, fake rocks and sparkling objects hanging from the ceiling.
 
They could see the night sky above them since the ceiling was made out of clear glass; it was like an observation deck where you could dine and watch the stars shine and glimmer. Tohru admired the scenery; it was so cute, neat and beautiful. She took out her mother's picture and placed it next to her. The holiday so far, was just perfect.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Well how was that for chapter 1, not too bad I hope?