Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ From Heaven to Hell ❯ A not so plesant Start ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Sorry if it took a while to write chapter 2, I've been busy lately plus the fact that school starts in a few days. Oh and Hana doesn't really have any allergies in the manga or anime, I just made it up to make it more interesting.
 
Chapter 2 A not so pleasant start
 
Tohru was just about order her dish when she heard a shriek. She turned towards Hana and saw that she was covered in fizzy drink. Since she was wearing black, the colour wasn't obvious but Tohru could tell it was red. Hana could feel the icy cold liquid down her back; she turned around and began to throw a tantrum at the waitress.
 
“Look what you've done to my new jacket!” She shouted so that everyone in the restaurant turned to look at the person who was making such noise.
 
`It's new? Wow I never knew that…wait a minute, Hana never gets angry like this…' Tohru thought as she saw Hana grabbing the waitresses' collar and pulling it towards her.
 
“I'm so sorry, it was an accid-“
 
“I don't care if it was an accident or not, you are taking this jacket to the drycleaners and you are gonna clean for me until it's brand new again, understand?” Hana interrupted the waitress.
 
Hana stomped off into the bathroom after handing the jacket to the waitress. Tohru and Uo exchanged glances of `what the hell is going on?' as they followed her to the bathroom.
 
“Uhh…so sorry about that, I'll take the jacket, just ignore her, she's had a bad day.” Ayame made an excuse as he took the jacket from the waitress.
 
~*~
 
“Hana!” Uo called to her as she knocked on the bathroom door.
 
“Just leave me alone.” Hana replied.
 
“Hana, what's going on, are you okay?” Tohru asked full or worry. She had never seen Hana like that before, after the incident in Hana's childhood where she nearly killed a boy, she had become a calmer and nicer person.
 
“Nothings wrong with me just go away, I'll catch up with you later.”
 
“Hana, we're not leaving until you tell us what is wrong with you, you ordered chicken at the ice-cream parlour and now your getting angry at a waitress who ACCIDENTALLY spilled…..wait a minute what was that drink?” Uo made the word accidentally louder to emphasize it a little more.
 
“It was a raspberry fizzy drink, why do u ask?” Hana's voice was still as loud as before.
 
“But you hate raspberries….no, your allergic to raspberry flavoured stuff, how could you order that?” Uo started to get suspicious.
 
“Maybe I forgot.” Hana's voice became shallower.
 
“Oh yea, well fine then. I've forgotten what kind of friend you are!” Uo yelled as she slammed the bathroom door behind her leaving only Tohru and Hana in the room.
 
Tohru heard Hana crying, she was a bit confused, it was true that Hana had allergies to raspberry flavoured things but what was the other thing that Uo said, about the chicken?
 
“Hana, I'm sure Uo's just worried about you, that's all.” Tohru explained hoping that was how Uo felt.
 
“Tohru, I don't want to be mean but right now I just need to be alone.”
 
“Umm..sure, well I'll see you in the cabin later.” Tohru exited the bathroom.
 
~*~
 
After dinner, the others had gone back to their cabins apart from Hana.
 
“Uo, I couldn't help but hear that you said something about chicken, what did you mean by that?” Tohru asked curious to know.
 
“While we were at the ice-cream parlour, Hana ordered chicken, I thought she was just joking but she had such a serious expression……..” Uo carried on explaining as Tohru sat down with Rin behind the kitchen counter also listening to their conversation.
 
“Well all I know is I'm not sharing a room with her tonight, she's freaking me out, seriously.” Uo stated as she brought her duvets and cushions onto the couch.
 
“Oh.” Was all Tohru could say,
 
“I guess she should be here soon, it's already 11pm. Should we go look for her?” Rin asked.
 
“I think we should, I'm really getting concerned for Hana.” Tohru grabbed her jacket from the rack as she, Uo and Rin went out to look for her.
 
On the way they bumped into Haru.
 
“Hey Haru, what are you doing here at this hour?” Rin looked at him oddly.
 
“Well I was getting a soda from the vending machine…What are you doing?” He gave her the same look of suspicion.
 
“Looking for Hana, it's late and she's not back yet.”
 
“I'll come with you.” Haru hung onto Rin's arm as they went their separate ways while Tohru went with Uo.
 
Haru was on the restaurant floor as he looked around the room. Rin was in the girl's bathroom checking every cubicle. She was then attracted by the sea's beautiful night colour, she stepped towards the window and looked down at the waves when she spotted a figure, it looked like a person, Rin stepped closer to get a better view. It was Hana, she was on the deck below her and she was going to jump off the rim. She was already on the other side of the fencing part where the dark ocean was moving wildly. Her eyes widened as Hana took one foot off, then the other and fell into the deep waters. Rin screamed, Hana had just jumped down into the sea, what was she planning to do? Kill herself? She ran to get Haru. “Maybe it's just my imagination, I could be paranoid but anyways something is really wrong here, and I mean really wrong.” She said to herself as he mind and heart were racing.
 
“Haru!” She yelled as he saw her alarmed expression.
 
“What is it Rin?”
 
“I saw her, Hana, she fell, she's in the water….” Rin bit her lip.
 
“What?”
 
“I was in the bathroom and I was looking at the sea when I spotted her, she was on the deck underneath us and…and she was ready to jump off the ship…and she did….now…now she's in the water.”
 
“Are you sure you're not just seeing things?” Haru ran to her feeling her forehead.
 
“No, I'm not, I swear, I saw something, well Hana, jump into the water.” She cried. Her temperature was normal, so it wasn't a fever. But Rin could definitely say she didn't have an illusion, it was so real, and it had to be Hana. Those long black wavy curls were unmistakable.
 
“Okay..Umm….what are we going to do?” He asked unsure if Rin was telling the truth. He wanted to believe her, he wanted to so badly but what came out of her mouth just didn't make any sense.
 
“I-I really don't know….” Rin replied.
 
“Okay, let's go find Tohru and the others; maybe they'll be able to help us out.” Haru suggested as he held onto Rin's hand tightly since she was shaking badly.
 
They ran back to the cabin and knocked onto the door repeatedly.
 
“Any news?” Tohru opened the door and saw their delinquent faces.
 
“Yea you two look really pale, are you okay?” Uo asked.
 
“No, we're not, umm well Rin saw something…” Haru was speechless.
 
“I saw Hana, she…..was on the deck under the restaurant and I saw her on the edge of the fencing thing and she jumped in the sea.” Rin simplified it making it sound really funny.
 
“Rin…right now isn't the best time to be kidding.” Uo gave her a sarcastic look.
 
“I'm not…why won't anyone believe me. I mean sure it was weird, it was for me as well when I first saw her but it was Hana…I could swear on my life that….” Two seconds later before Rin could finish her sentence, Rin fainted, and well at least she looked like she had fainted. It was so sudden as she just closed her eyes and crashed on to the floor even before Haru could catch her.
 
“Rin!” Tohru exclaimed.
 
Then she had a feeling of sleepiness, she felt low-sugared and Tohru fainted on the spot right after Rin. Haru and Uo also had the strange tiring feeling as they too, fell asleep onto the hard carpet.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
 
“I think I better go check on Tohru.” Kyo said after having breakfast in his suite.
 
“Haru didn't come back last night.” Yuki mentioned.
 
“Weird.” Kyo muttered.
 
As Kyo went to the girls' suite, he banged on door. There was no reply. Yuki came out shortly after seeing Kyo frustrated.
 
“They won't open the stupid door!”
 
Yuki walked forward and tugged on the door handle as the door opened easily.
 
“Stupid cat.”
 
Kyo was going to punch Yuki when they both saw Haru, Rin, Tohru and Uo asleep in the corridor. Their faces went funny noticing Haru in the room as well.
 
“Why the hell is Haru in the girls' room?” Kyo asked.
 
“The question is why they are all sleeping like that in the corridor.” Yuki pointed out as he felt their heartbeat, they were alive but just sleeping.
 
Tohru opened her eyes as she saw Kyo and Yuki's face.
 
“Are you alright Miss Honda?” Yuki asked.
 
“I'm fine…what happened?”
 
 
“I thought you would know.” Kyo replied.
 
They woke the others as they slowly sat up.
 
“Oh my gosh, where's Hana?” Uo stood up looking frantically for her.
 
“She didn't come back last night, Rin said that…”
 
“Forget what I said” Rin interrupted as they saw the look on Rin's face. It was like a face off a horror movie, yet relieved.
 
Then they saw it, Hana was at the doorway, standing still, like nothing had happened.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Yes I know, it's pretty confusing at the moment but it'll start to make more sense as I get further into the story. Thanks for reading, oh and please review if you can! :D
 
 
 
 
 
.