Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ From Heaven to Hell ❯ Changes in Time ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Yea I know, I've been really slow at updating recently so sorry bout that.
 
Chapter 3 Changes in Time
 
Hana had an utterly confused and puzzled look on her face just like the others.
 
“Umm….Hana…you're here!” Tohru wasn't so sure of what to say.
 
“What the? You didn't even come home last night, where were you, we were so worried!” Uo frowned yet happy to see her back safely.
 
“I don't get it…” Rin said to herself having a flashback of last night when she clearly saw Hana jumping off the ship into the cold waters of the ocean.
 
“Sorry if I worried you….I uhh woke up on the ships top deck and umm I don't know how I got there but I'm here so you don't need to worry.” Hana reassured them.
 
“This is so weird...” Haru stated.
 
“Okay, well Hana, did you jump off the ship yesterday?” Rin's straight forward question made no sense as Hana cringed.
 
“Umm…where'd you get that idea from…I never thought you would be the one to joke Rin.” Hana's voice was somewhat uneasy as if she was telling a lie.
 
`Just ignore it Rin, my eyes were playing tricks on me, that's it.' Rin told herself.
 
“Oh girls…and boys what do you say we go have some breakfast.” Shigure's head popped out of the corner.
 
“Yea...Sure…whatever, I'm hungry.” Kyo followed.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, we will be arriving in the island of Northern Mariana shortly. This is a great opportunity to bring your beachwear and equipment as the golden sand and the beautiful sapphire waters invite you warmly.” The captain announced through the speaker.
 
“Oh yea!!!” Momiji shouted.
 
“Calm down you enthusiastic maniac.” Kyo slapped Momiji lightly in the head.
 
“I think I'll pass.” Hana said.
 
“Huh? Oh Hana its okay if you don't want to swim, you might as well enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful island.” Tohru smiled.
 
“No.”
 
“Umm….what do you mean?” Uo asked feeling the weird version of Hana's presence again.
 
“What I mean Arisa is that I would prefer to stay abroad on the ship.” Hana gave a plain answer. Hana hardly called Uo by her real name. Uo's friends always gave her the nickname Uo as well as giving Saki the nickname Hana. It had become so natural to them that they nearly forgot the real names.
 
“What's with the Arisa?” Kyo commented.
 
“Hana but the reason we came on this cruise ship was to explore the islands on our way to Miami as well as take a break from school.” Uo chose to reject Hana's answer.
 
“Well I don't like the sunshine as much as you do, I think I'll just do some shopping at the arcade. I need new clothing since that irresponsible waitress left my new jacket with a terrible stain.” Hana didn't forget the scene yesterday when the waitress spilt raspberry soda on her brand new black jacket.
 
“Hana, forget it already.” Uo replied still trying to convince her.
 
“You can't force me to step onto that island.”
 
“But I hear that this island has a great reputation, it also sells good luck charms and jewellery that are apparently barriers to evil spirits, it sounds interesting.” Tohru suggested.
 
“Thanks but no thanks, I'm not that interested in jewellery especially ones that link to evil forces, they'll be bad for my waves.” Hana refused.
 
“Well if you insist then we'll see you in about a few hours time if that's okay?” Shigure said.
 
“Sure no problem, its fine with me, go ahead, do whatever you want.” Hana left the rest feeling awkward at Hana's strange conversation with Tohru and Uo. It didn't feel like the real Hana was there, it was as if she was not herself, what was wrong with her?
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hana browsed the store and picked out a kimono that was imprinted with swirl designs. It was coffee brown coloured with spots of tiny red cherry blossom pictures. It fitted nicely on her as well.
 
“I'll take it.” She said to the shop clerk as the clerk scanned the barcode.
 
“550 yen please.”
 
“What? That's a ridiculous price!” Hana's eyes became fiery.
 
“I'm sorry but if you want it you must pay the full price, it's not on discount.” The shop clerk spoke to her clearly.
 
“FINE!” Hana threw the cash notes at the clerk as she took the bag and stomped off.
 
The shop clerk was going to call security but she chose to ignore the customer.
 
Hana spotted Tohru and the others as they waved to her.
 
“Oh Hana, you should've come, Momiji made the most fabulous sand castle, oh and the beach and the sand were unreal. We took a few pictures if you want to see them.” Tohru grinned.
 
“Nah.”
 
Tohru was a little taken aback by Hana's sudden but cold reply, maybe Hana wasn't in a good mood or something.
 
“Hey Hana, so what'd you buy?” Uo broke the silence.
 
“Have a look yourself.” Hana handed her the bag.
 
Uo looked inside and her eyes were sidetracked by the colour of the outfit. Hana never wore anything that wasn't black, she wore black everyday and she would buy black every time.
 
“Umm….Hana, just a fact but this isn't black.” She pointed out.
 
“Your point is?”
 
“Don't you wear black for everything apart from uniform of course?” Uo took the nightgown out and showed it to a surprised Tohru.
 
“You could at least be happy for me for trying something new, what's your problem anyway?” Hana gave a dark glance at them.
 
“Oh nothing.” Tohru and Uo said at the same time making sure that Hana wouldn't get into one of her latest tantrums.
 
“Good, I need sleep so I'm going back to the room.” Hana snatched the bag from Uo and took her key out walking off without saying goodbye.
 
“This sure is weird.” Yuki spoke randomly.
 
“I agree with you Prince, I think Hana has something going on in her life that we don't know of but what could it be?” Uo had never seen Hana so short-tempered before.
 
“Maybe she's being possessed.” Momiji joked.
 
But somehow nobody laughed; it had seemed that Momiji's joke/suggestion made perfect sense. Hana was definitely not being herself lately so maybe she was…possessed.
 
“Uhh…why don't we go back as well, it's getting late and umm…dinner is in an hour so we should get ready.” Tohru dragged Rin and Uo along with her.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Hana! We've decided that we're tired as well so we might as well have a nap too.” Uo called out. She looked around but there was no sign of Hana.
 
“Umm…Hana's not here.” Uo told Tohru and Rin.
 
“Oh not again, don't tell me she's gonna go off somewhere again.” Rin rubbed her forehead.
 
“You guys look!” Tohru ran to the deck and opened the glass door. They chased after her seeing Hana there as well except … just like Rin had seen the other night, she was on the other side of the fencing barrier thing on the deck with the waters under her.
 
“Oh my god, this is what I saw yesterday, you guys have to believe me!” Rin started to panic.
 
“This is nuts, oh Hana, what are you doing?” Uo walked closer to her friend.
 
“Leave me alone and don't come any closer.” Hana warned them.
 
“Okay, okay but Hana it's dangerous, why don't you….” Uo was cut off by Hana's instant disappearance.
 
“NO!!!” Rin shouted as Tohru ran to the edge seeing a big splash in the water beneath them. They could slightly even see a curl of dark black hair.
 
“What's going on?” Uo demanded.
 
“Hana…..she jumped off….” Tohru admitted her eyes going watery.
 
“You guys, I told you this happened last night, the exact same thing but she was still here this morning, maybe it's an illusion.” Rin stammered.
 
“How can it be an illusion if you've seen it twice?” Uo was trying to stay calm.
 
“I don't know, come on lets just get inside!” Rin pulled on Tohru's sleeve.
 
“But Hana….”
 
“Well figure this out later, for now just come in please…it looks like a storms coming.” Uo followed Rin's instruction as a dark cloud roamed over the sky's surface.
 
“Okay, should we tell the others?” Tohru asked still very concerned about Hana and at the same time, very confused.
 
“No, I don't wanna drag them into this mess. Hana's fine, we just don't know where she is but I bet you she'll show up sometime.” Rin stopped Tohru from opening the door.
 
“Okay.” Tohru gave in as she sunk into the chair.
 
Then they heard a knock on their door.
 
“Come on girls, we're late for dinner and you wouldn't want that because today the theme is nature!!.” Ayame's confident voice was heard by everyone on the floor.
 
“Sure, be right there.” Uo tried to sound cheerful as if nothing had happened.
 
When they reached the restaurant they were seated in the corner next to the window that reflected upon the shining glowing moon that hit the waters surface.
 
“Umm…I don't think Hana will be able to make it to dinner tonight.” Tohru said to Ayame.
 
“Oh what are you talking about? Hana's right there!” Ayame pointed to the gothic girl wearing all black.
 
“What in the world?” Uo said out loud eyeing Hana carefully incase it wasn't her.
 
“It's her, it's really her!” Tohru ran towards Hana and gave her a big hug.
 
“And what do you know, she's back to black.” Rin commented.
 
“Back off!” They heard Hana's familiar voice as she pushed Tohru off her obviously not wanting the welcoming hug.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: If this is a boring chapter, then just go ahead and say it out loud. But if it isn't please review as I'm hoping to have 5 reviews from different people for this chapter in order to update.
But thanks for reading anyway, much appreciated.
 
Dark Angel of Mystery