Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ From Heaven to Hell ❯ Vengeance of a Spirit ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Thanks a lot for all your nice reviews!! I'm hoping that this chapter will be more contrasting or diametric than usual. So enjoy *
 
Disclaimer: Just to remind all of you that I own Fruits Basket! NOT! Ha I wish……(in my dreams) :'( So yea lucky author Natsuki Takaya gets the full credit for creating such a cool manga/anime.
 
Chapter 4 Vengeance of a Spirit
 
Luckily this time, Hana wasn't as loud as the night before with the waitress's accident. But it was enough to grab Uo and Rin's attention as well as Shigure, Ayame and co. Hana pushed Tohru so hard that she landed on the ground with a loud thud. Now that, drew all eyes in the restaurant towards Tohru.
 
“Oh no, Hana's going strange again.” Uo said to herself silently.
 
“Hana….I…” Tohru stuttered, afraid to look at her own friend in the eye.
 
“Just stay away from me; I don't need any of your filthy welcome hugs.” Hana's eyes became a raging colour of a cross between ebony and crimson.
 
“But Hana…I don't understand…you use to always...”
 
“Forget the past! It's stupid and hugging me is even worse!”
 
“Hana, cool it will ya?” Uo interrupted.
 
“Whatever…” Hana sat down and started to eat forgetting about everyone around her.
 
Yuki and Kyo helped Tohru up as she brushed the carpet fluff off her hair. Tohru looked really sad, Hana used to love hugs, all three of them did. Why was she changing so suddenly, it felt like their friendship was tearing apart. Kyo, Yuki and Haru even felt obnoxious since Hana was normally the calm one at school who freaked people out with her psychic-ness not her anger.
 
They finished dinner quickly and took Hana out of the restaurant to save further embarrassment.
 
“Hey Hana, if there's anything you need to talk about, me and Tohru are here.” Uo gave her a look of sympathy just incase the temper tantrums were because of an emotional breakout or something.
 
“I'm fine.” Hana replied.
 
“Okay, well tonight's disco night, you wanna join us for some mock tails and some dancing?” Uo remembered the special event of the day.
 
“Sure.” At least Hana was agreeing to do something fun.
 
“Great, lets go back and get our facials done.”
 
They arrived back in their cabin and took out all their makeover products. Facial mask, lotion, cream, toner, hair glitter, moisturiser and hair shampoo and conditioner. Plus the additional eye shadow, mascara, lipstick and gloss. They decided having a girly girl night for once might be something different and fun. Rin chose to ignore the beauty products so she could only enjoy the music and the drinks.
 
Hana wore black again which was a relief; she started to act normal as well so it indicated a good sign for Uo and Tohru.
 
They met up with Kyo, Yuki, Momiji and Haru around 9pm inside the ships bar/dance area and Rin and Haru went off to find their own `spot'.
 
“Hey Kyo, why don't you dance?” Uo asked.
 
“Cos maybe I don't want to.”
 
“Are you scared of totally embarrassing yourself in front of the crowd?” Uo mocked him.
 
“Oh no you don't!” Kyo walked off while Uo followed him and gave him a bucket of insults on the way.
 
So it left Hana, Tohru and Yuki by themselves.
 
“Hey Tohru, what drink would you like?” Hana grabbed her wallet out.
 
“Oh, if you don't mind, I'd like a mango passion fruit drink thanks.” Tohru answered.
 
“Sure thing, I'll be back shortly.” Hana went to the counter and purchased the order,
 
“Yuki, I'll be in the bathroom.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Yuki looked at Hana. She was being herself at least, he relaxed a little and sighed. Then he saw her running off somewhere with Tohru's drink. He decided to follow her for some reason and pretended that he was ordering something when he was actually spying on her.
 
`Why would she take them over there, Tohru is in the opposite direction, what is she doing?' Yuki wondered.
 
His eyes were directed towards the thing she had in her hand. It looked like she had a small medicine container and she was emptying the contents into Tohru's fruit drink. He stepped closer and carefully read the label as much as he could. It was a light green coloured powder that dissolved into the liquid. He hid behind the counter and slowly made his way towards Hana. It read something like R-A and then it was cut off followed by P-O-I on the next line. Her fingers covered the rest so he couldn't read the whole thing.
 
Hana was up to something and he needed to stop her. Hana chucked the container into the rubbish bin and took Tohru's drink to the spot where she was before. He looked back; Tohru was back from the bathroom looking for Yuki. He ran to the rubbish bin and took the container out, reading the label. Then he let out a loud gasp of shock, `Rat Poison' He quickly took it with him, he needed to warn Tohru.
 
Tohru was alone because Hana had gone off to chat with Uo. He saw a slight smirk on her face; an evil smile appeared on the corner of her mouth. Tohru was tilting her neck as she was ready to take a sip of the drink. Yuki sprinted and bumped into Kyo and Uo on the way.
 
“Hey, what are you doing damn rat?” Kyo gritted his teeth.
 
Yuki ignored him and knocked the drink out of Tohru's hands before she could taste it.
 
“Yuki?” Tohru jumped with surprise as the drink landed on the floor along with the broken glass. She saw his arm was bleeding from the glass that cut him.
 
“Are you alright?” She asked getting worried. Tohru rushed over to help him up and Kyo was standing there dumbstruck.
 
“Miss Honda, I think we need to get out of here, I have something important to tell you.” He spoke with such seriousness it made Tohru feel uncomfortable.
 
“Oh, ok…” She supported his arm and they exited the room.
 
Hana's expression was full of maximum fury, Yuki had ruined her plan, it was time for payback and he took everything away! The glass with the poison was now on the floor in pieces….She hated him so badly. `Who ever asked the rat Yuki to come anyway…' a voice said in her head.
 
”What's happening?” Uo asked Hana and Kyo.
 
“I don't know, let's go and find them.” He ran after the two.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
“Miss Honda…I'm sorry I did that but I saw your friend Hana in the corner of the room with your glass of juice, I stepped closer and I saw her putting green powder into your drink, when she threw the bottle away that contained the substance, I picked it up from the bin and checked the label. It read rat poison.” He faded on the last sentence although Tohru heard it.
 
Sharp memories flooded in her head. The time when she killed Akito, she had to place rat poison in his tea, now Hana was going to poison her. She didn't want to believe that her own friend wanted to kill her.
 
“I'm really sorry… but I needed to make sure that I got to you before you took a sip of that poisonous drink.” Yuki apologised with boldness.
 
“I guess I should actually be thanking you, Yuki.” She said quietly.
 
“As long as you're alright then that's fine but please listen to me, I don't think you can trust your friend Hana anymore.” He told her sincerely.
 
“But…but I've known her for so long, she's always been nice to me, I can't believe it would actually be Hana trying to poison me, it had to be something else. I was thinking, maybe Momiji is right, maybe Hana is being possessed, I don't want to believe it though but I'm afraid I'm going to have to.” Tohru admitted solemnly.
 
“I have to say it makes perfect sense to me, if she's being possessed then….then why does she keep disappearing into the sea.” Yuki questioned.
 
“You know about that?”
 
“Yea, I thought I was just having some kind of dream but I think I saw her jump into the water twice already. You're the first person to know that I saw her though, I really thought I was being ridiculous. I know Rin saw it as well but…it just seemed so fake.” Yuki's put his head in his hands, all this was coming down to a strange conclusion, but what?
 
“Yuki, I almost forgot, your arm, you need to bandage it up.” Tohru realised.
 
“No, it's okay, it's a little sore but it's a small cut, I'll get it done when I get back later.”
 
“Tohru!” They looked up and saw Kyo in front of them with Hana and Uo next to him.
 
“Yea, what happened and what was with the glass tipping over and the mega sprinting, huh prince?” Uo gave him a funny look.
 
“Umm…long story.” Yuki was taken aback by Hana's raging eyes.
 
“Should we get back now?” Tohru interrupted. `She must have seen Hana's expression too.' Yuki thought.
 
“Sure, I'm real tired from all that dancing, oh and you should have seen orange-top, oh that was a real comedy film.” Uo laughed hysterically making Kyo turn beetroot purple.
 
“Keep your mouth shut!” He replied angrily.
 
Uo hit him in the head before she entered the suite and shut the door in his face.
 
“Why you..” Kyo was about to start an argument when Yuki butted in.
 
“Stupid cat, keep it down, people are sleeping, it's already 11:30 you know.”
 
“I don't care.” Kyo protested as their voices were drowned by a sudden gush of wind.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Tohru and Uo were in their PJ's and ready to sleep until they saw Hana full of energy, still with an angry look on her face.
 
“Hana, it's getting late, maybe you should catch up on some sleep.” Uo called out to her.
 
“I need some air.” Hana obliged as she opened the glass slide door to the deck.
 
Uo was about to hit the pillow when Tohru and her followed Hana as if automatically. Since they were about to predict what was going to happen.
 
“Umm...Hana, come back inside, it's getting cold out there.” Tohru advised.
 
“No way, I'll do what I wanna do.” Hana rejected as she swung her foot over the highest bar on the fencing.
 
“Hana, don't!” Uo screamed.
 
Hana turned her head and gave them a strong glare as she let go of the bars, leaned forward and plunged into the black, scary night sea.
 
“NO Hana! Why is she doing this….? Uo, she's really scaring me these days.” Tohru cried.
 
There was no reply as Uo stood there open-mouthed.
 
“No way, it can't be, oh my god… Tohru watch out!!!!” Uo shrieked as her eyes lay on something frightening. She ran to Tohru and shielded her with an embrace. Tohru managed to catch a glance at what she was looking at and a cold evil chill ran down her spine as she shut her eyes and prepared for the moment.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Haru and Rin walked back hand in hand. It had been a while since they last talked for a long time since their relationship was always on thin ice with Akito around trying to prevent them from being together but now that he was dead, things were going to be different, very different.
 
“So did you hear what happened to Tohru?” Haru asked her curious to know.
 
“No, apparently it was something really dangerous.” Rin gave a quick answer.
 
“Well I guess we better be going to bed…It's getting late.” Haru mentioned.
 
“Yea good point, well then I'll see you tomorrow morning.”
 
They were about to give each other a goodnight kiss when the ship gave a loud lurch and a sudden vibration that made them stumble and fall. Their ears were ringing with screams of `What the hell is going on?” Then Rin and Haru saw it, a huge, nightmare-looking tidal wave heading towards them.
 
“Haru…what is that?” Rin yelled as a strong rush of fear ran over her.
 
“Rin...We have to get out of here NOW!!” Haru grasped her arm tightly and started to run.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: I liked writing this chapter; it was pretty fun…Sorry if you are Hana fans!
Oh, This time I'm just asking for 3 reviews please…a little less than last time.
Chapter 5 won't be too far away…the faster you review, the faster I write! Without all your support, the story would be history…so Thank you lots for reading!
 
Dark Angel of Mystery