Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Furuba Idol ❯ Round One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Furuba Idol
By, Jamie1317kast
 
Fruits Basket + American Idol, I don't think there are enough words to describe the funnyness of that image.
 
Diclaimer: Fruits Basket is copyrighted to Natsuki Takaya, not me. I don't own any of the songs either. I don't own American Idol.
 
AN~ script format is what I usualy write with for my comedy, gomen if people find it hard to read.
 
Rated PG-13 for language.
 
Round One:
 
* A dark theater fills the space before your eyes, not even the floor lights have come on yet. Suddenly, a door at the back of the audience opens with a small squeak. As the figure walks down the center ailse, the floor lights come on one pair at a time. Above him, the chandelier flares to life. Suddenly, the overture from the Phantom of the Opera starts playing. A wind blows through the theater, turning the dusty, old seats into plush, new ones. It becomes apparent that the figure is a man. The lights on the stage apron come to life, then, the spotlights turn on, illuminating the entire theater at last.*
 
* Shigure, dressed in a black suit, takes the side stairs two at a time. He waves to the cameras, and comes to a stop center stage.*
 
Shigure: * grinning* talk about your spiffy intros, huh? * ahem* anyways… Welcome, one and all to the one and only Furuba Idol! First up, let's meet our judges, shall we?
 
* the audience clapps*
 
* the camera zooms in on the judges panel, revealing Hatori and Akito*
 
Hatori: * mumble* how on Earth did I ever get dragged into this?
 
Akito: don't ask me, I just wanted to get out of Sohma House.
 
Shigure: luckily, our down-to-earth doctor has agreed to help us out today!
 
Hatori: Shigure, the next time you get sick, I'm letting you die.
 
Shigure: * sweatdrop* Anyway Ha'ri, the judges have to do a special performance at the end. And- Akito, grab his arms!
 
* Hatori, who had been trying to escape, is tied and gagged to his chair with duct tape. Shigure sat down next to Hatori and Akito as the third judge*
 
Hatori: imm' gnah kiu (* I'm gonna kill you).
 
Shigure: right, well, on with the show! Introducing our first contestant, Yuki!
 
* crowd cheers madly as Yuki comes out on stage*
 
Yuki: * embarrassed*… * sees Tohru cheering him on from the wings* * deep breath*
 
* N*Sync music starts to play*
 
Yuki: I was hangin' with the fellas, saw ya wit' your new boyfriend and made me jealous. I was hopin' that I'd never see ya wit' `em, but it's all good `cuz I'm glad that I met `em.
 
Akito: I HATE this song.
 
Shigure: I never knew Yuki liked pop music.
 
Hatori: ee's tieg oo ipezz `oru. (* he's trying to impress Tohru.)
 
Shigure: good point.
 
* song ends*
 
Akito: FINALLY.
 
* Yuki walks off stage, stage left. And Hatsuharu enters from stage right.*
 
Haru: * flashes the camera a devilish smile*
 
* audience cheers Haru*
 
Hatori: o `od, ee's ahk. (* Oh God, he's black.)
 
* Trapt music starts to play*
 
Haru: * yelling into his microphone* HEADSTRONG, I'LL TAKE YOU ON! HEADSTRONG TO TAKE ON ANYONE!
 
* Shigure puts in earpluggs*
 
Kyo: * from the wings* dammit, I was gonna do that song!
 
* song ends*
 
* Hatori kicks Shigure*
 
Shigure: what? Is it over? * takes out earpluggs* right, next contestant.
 
* Haru exits stage left, while Kisa enters stage right*
 
Audience: awwww…
 
Kisa: um, hi? *cute smile*
 
Audience: * melts in the face of Kisa's cuteness*
 
* soft, sweet music starts to play*
 
Kisa: You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.
 
Hatori: auuu, at's uute. ( *awww, that's cute.)
 
Shigure: I think, I'm melting. * squeals* too cute for words!
 
Akito: must…not..give in…to……cuteness! Aarrrgghhh!! * melts into an angry puddle*
 
Shigure: well, that's never happened before.
 
* music stops and Kisa exits stage left, while momiji enters stage right*
 
Momiji: HI!! * bounce, bounce* Elves exist and I'm Momiji, the new teen idol of the whooole world!
 
Random woman from the audience: I don't know what he's talking about, but he's SO CUTE!
 
Shigure: oh, God. I don't think I could stand anymore cuteness.
 
Akito: * has un-melted himself back into his regular shape* I agree. * shiver*
 
* pop music starts to play*
 
Momiji: I know a girl who's tough but sweet, she's so fine she can't be beat. I want Candy, I want Candy! All I want is your, Candy!
 
Akito: excuse me while I go hang myself…
 
Shigure: oh no you don't. * grabs Akito* don't make me strap you down Akito.
 
Akito: but we already did that last night. * sugestive glance*
 
Shigure: * blush* people don't need to know about that. * whisper*
 
Hatori: * has managed to take off the duct tape* you two are disgusting.
 
* music stops and Momiji stays on stage while Yuki, Haru, and Kisa enter from stage right. They all stand side by side, waiting for the judge's verdict.*
 
Shigure: * recovered from his blush, looks up from the papers on the table before him* Yuki, will you come up, please?
 
Yuki: * steps forward* Hai?
 
Akito: * before Shigure can say anything, he jumps up onto his chair* Your singing SUCKED! Get off my stage! * Hatori pulls him down*
 
Shigure: Yuki, while your choice was…interesting, you did demonstrate good vocal performance.
 
Hatori: I agree with Shigure. That makes two 'yes', and one 'no', you pass on to the next round.
 
Akito: WHAT?! GET THIS TALENTLESS HACK OFF MY STAGE!!
 
Shigure: * stage whisper* just pick a different song next time, okay?
 
Yuki: r-right. * hurries off stage before Akito can throw his chair at him*
 
Shigure: * sigh* Hatsuharu, will you step forward please?
 
Haru: * steps up* yeah?
 
Hatori: you were too loud.
 
Akito: AND! You broke my eardrums.
 
Shigure: I'm sorry to say Haru, I agree with them. You don't pass, gomen-ne.
 
Haru: * white* that's okay I guess…* wanders off into the audience and gets lost*
 
Shigure: okay, Sat-chan, (Kisa. I don't know why he calls her that.) you're next!
 
Kisa: o-okay..* adorable smile*
 
Hatori: you sang beautifuly Kisa.
 
Akito: no comment…
 
Shigure: you were SO cute! You pass on to the next round! * happy smile*
 
Kisa: * bright, happy smile* Yay!
 
Audience: Awwwww…
 
* Kisa skipps happily off stage left*
 
Shigure: and..Momitchi?
 
Momiji: * hops forward* ye~es?
 
Akito: YOU FAIL, YOUR SINGING SUCKED MY ASS!!
 
Audience: 0.0*
 
Shigure: o-kay… but I'd have to say, no. gomen-ne.
 
Hatori: cute, but..no, I'm sorry.
 
Momiji: but! But! That song works better for me…* whine* * cry* WAAAAAAAAHHH!!!
 
Shigure: * over the sound of Momiji's wailing* We'll be back next time folks, so look for the next round of contestants; Hatori-
 
Hatori: I'm not singing.
 
Shigure: of course you are! Like I was saying, Hatori, Ayame, Rin, and Hiro. Also, keep in mind that there will be two contestants going on from each round. This time it was Yuki and Sat-chan (Kisa), next, well, who knows? Plus! Don't forget to vote ( this means YOU reviewers) for the final round!This has been Furuba Idol, Shigure Sohma signing off.
 
~~~
 
to be continued…