Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Karing For Kisa ❯ It's a WHAT?! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I do not own Fruits Basket. I really wish I could own Haru though.
 
XXXXX
 
Karing For Kisa
 
Chapter Two: It's a WHAT!
 
XXXXX
 
“Ack!” Kyo screamed, in both surprise and fright.
 
“What's wrong Kyo-kun?” Tohru asked worrying about what had made the cat scream like that.
 
“I-It…it's not a tiger anymore!” He shouted, pointing a shaking finger at the sleeping girl, who was starting to awake due to all the yelling. Kyo scrambled to move away while he was still sitting. He bumped into Yuki who hit him upside the head.
 
“You're afraid of a little girl?” Yuki asked snidely, “What's she going to do, hug you to death? You're such a wimp.”
 
“I am not! It just surprised me!” Kyo yelled.
 
Tohru looked at Kyo and tsked, “Really Kyo-kun, you're hurting her feelings.”
 
And indeed he was. Tears were welling up in her eyes, and she was looking at Kyo with the saddest look in the world. Kyo felt his heart sink at that pitiful look, feeling incredibly guilty for being the cause of her renewed pain.
 
Tohru tsked at him again, and picked up the little girl, who, of course, was naked, taking her to find some clothing.
 
Haru looked at Shigure, who had come back from helping Aaya, and had seen the little girl that had left with Tohru. “There isn't a tiger in the Juunishi right now, is there?”
 
“No, there's not. If there was, we would all know. I'm going to call Haa-san and tell him about this. Maybe he'll know something.” Shigure replied. He walked out of the room to go make his phone call.
 
Hatsuharu stood up from his place at the table, “I'm going to go see how she's doing.” Yuki just nodded in response, and remained lost in thought where he was.
 
XXXXX
 
It had surprised him to discover her sitting there. No one had known that she was also a part of the cursed Zodiac.
 
The door to Tohru's room stood open a bit, and he knocked before pushing it wider. The tiger-girl- She really needed a name - stood in the middle of the floor, wrapped in a fluffy towel and dripping onto the boards. Tohru was rummaging through her closet, trying to find something for the girl to wear.
 
She emerged holding a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. She saw Haru and paused for a second. “Oh. Is everything alright downstairs?” She asked, before continuing with her previous task.
 
“Everything is fine. I just wanted to see if she was okay.”
 
She stopped rubbing the little one dry; hands paused on the small shoulders. “That's very nice of you, Hatsuharu-san. Just wait outside a minute while I put some clothing on her.”
 
Haru nodded, and went out the door, shutting it behind himself.
 
A few minutes later, Tohru called him back into the room. The girl was dressed, the wide collar of Tohru's t-shirt sliding down over her shoulder, the shorts hanging down past her knees. She stood there for a few seconds, seeming to be very shy of him. He sat down on Tohru's bed, not wanting to frighten her. She cautiously crept closer to him.
 
“Are you okay?” He asked her, “I'm sorry Kyo scared you like that. I think you surprised him.” He smiled, showing that he was neither frightened nor mad at her. She nodded that she was fine, and the look of worry that had clouded her eyes disappeared.
 
“Good. I'm going to leave you here with Tohru, and I'll see you in the morning.”
 
She nodded again and offered him a brief smile. The older girl came over then and picked her up, tucking her into the large bed. The ox made to stand up, but was stopped when he felt the little arms wrap around his waist. He looked down at her, and then gently returned the hug. He could almost hear her thoughts.
 
Thank You
 
XXXXX
 
Haru went back downstairs, wondering what Hatori-san had said about the tiger/girl. He found Shigure and Yuki talking in the living room. They looked up as he entered, pausing in their conversation.
 
“Haru. Yuki and I were just discussing our plans for tomorrow.”
 
“Plans? Why do we have to have a plan?”
 
“Hatori-san says that this is a very serious matter and we have to go…” Here Yuki stopped, unable to voice the last of his thoughts.
 
“We have to go see Akito.” Haru finished for his older cousin.
 
Shigure nodded. “Afraid so. All of us have to go including Yuki and Tohru.”
 
“Why? I'm the one that found her.”
 
“I know. But this affects the whole family, especially us, because you brought her here and we all witnessed the transformation. Well, except Aaya. He missed everything.”
 
Haru just rolled his eyes and sat down on the arm of Yuki's chair. “So what are we going to do then?”
 
“Haa-san says it would be best if we came early to see him. We have a meeting scheduled for 10:00, but I want us to be there earlier in case something happens.”
 
At that moment, Tohru came down to tell them that the girl was fine and was asleep. Shigure explained again what they would be doing the next day.
 
She was surprised that she was actually being included in this family meeting, but supposed that it was for the best, seeing as someone needed to be there to help her. Akito was a terrifying person, and there was no telling what he might do to the innocent child.
 
XXXXX
 
The next morning saw the whole household - plus it's two guests - up early in the day, worry over the upcoming meeting with the head of the Sohma's, keeping them all from a restful sleep.
 
Tohru had explained what would be happening that day, as she served the girl her breakfast. She immediately became anxious and fearful. She's so young. Tohru thought. She doesn't know what's going to happen to her. Just when she thought she would finally be safe, something like this happens that could take it all away. But no matter what, I must be strong for the both of us, and take care of her, no matter what Akito decides to do with her!
 
The clock on the wall chimed the ninth hour of the day, and they all looked at it with varying degrees of fear. It was time.
 
“Alright everyone. We'd better go.” Shigure told them, stifling his own nervous thoughts.
 
Ayame saw them out, and wished them luck, giving the little one a tight, squishy hug, tears forming in his eyes.
 
She's so young. So innocent. Was the shared thought of the somber group that departed from the house.
 
XXXXX
 
In the third chapter I will be downplaying Akito's evilness quite a lot, for two reasons. 1) I just finished writing an angst fic, where his evilness was used full force, and 2) Because this is a cute little fic, and people shouldn't have to suffer if it isn't necessary. (Or if I don't feel like making them suffer.)