Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Kyo's Kitten Reika ❯ First Graders Can Be Tricky ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hatsuharu and Momiji walked on either side of Reika into the first grade classroom. Reika tugged at her uniform, the boy's uniform. She liked that one much better. Momiji and Haru looked much different.
 
Momiji himself had grown taller, and his blonde hair flowed down his back similar to Ayame's. He had long since worn the boy's uniform and had even gotten his ears pierced like Hatsuharu.
 
Hatsuharu still wore clothes close to his first time meeting Tohru and the coat was the same white leather, only tailored to fit him, but now, he was wearing his school uniform. His ears had more piercings, four in his left, and six in his right. The new school heartthrob, well besides Momiji of course.
 
Haru opened the door to the classroom; the younger kids were starting early this morning. A woman around twenty-five came up to the trio and giggled lightly.
 
"Hi." The warm voice sounded almost musical. "My name is Mrs. Itotani, what's your name?"
 
Reika shifted uncomfortably so Momiji answered for her, "This is Reika Sohma, this is her first year in school."
 
"What about kindergarten?"
 
"Like I said, this is her first year in school."
 
"Well Reika," Mrs. Itotani started as she kneeled down to see Reika face to face, "I hate to tell you this, but I'm afraid you're wearing the wrong uniform. Maybe you can call home and change?"
 
"No, I like this uniform better, why would I want to change?"
 
The teacher rose and looked at Hatsuharu, "Will you please bring her down to the office for me? I'm afraid I'm busy at the moment and my class is about to start. This is my seventh year teaching and I refuse to allow a student of mine to wear the wrong uniform."
 
Haru rolled his eyes and Reika's went wide open, she knew what this meant. She had heard stories from Kyo that in Haru's first year of high school he went "Black" over uniforms.
 
"Did you know that Momiji wore the girl's uniform from sixth to ninth grade? I don't see any problem with Reika wearing the boy's uniform she likes it better. If I take her to call Kyo then it will be to leave the school for the day since he's busy and I'm in charge of her."
 
Mrs. Itotani backed up for she had heard horror stories about Hatsuharu in the teacher's lounge and didn't want to witness it herself. She escorted Reika over to the last empty seat and ushered the two teenagers away from her classroom before shutting the door.
 
"Now class, welcome to the first grade. I'm your teacher Mrs. Itotani. I want to start the day by playing a few games to get to know everyone, so this first week will be a learning period for you and I to get to know each other.
 
Why don't we start with a game of fruits basket to get everyone's energy out. Mandy, why don't you start us off."
 
A brunette stood up and began to point at people naming off various fruits. "Banana, peach, pear, apple, orange, cherry, pineapple, plum," she continued down the line of kids, " and you" she said pointing at Reika, "you can be an olive."
 
The game started and Reika was the only one yet to be called, so she sat fidgeting in the chair she was sitting in and stared at the floor. Thirty minutes into the game, Reika sat in her chair and watched the teacher end the game and put the kids in their seats.
 
"Why don't we all break for snack? May, Shiori, why don't you come here and you two can help me pass out the crackers and juice."
 
A boy by Reika looked at her and started to tease her about her hair and uniform.
Reika watched as the teacher led the two girls away to get the snack, and Reika made her escape. The door was slightly opened and she ran, into the hall, up the stairs, and into the senior's hallway. Several people were going to their classrooms and from the brief tour that Kisa had given her, she knew where to go.
 
Reika walked determinedly over to the left side of the hallway and started looking for room 417, Hatsuharu's homeroom. When she found the right room, Reika opened the door and walked into the room with a scared expression on her face.
 
The people in the classroom turned and stared at the girl and the teacher with blue eyes and a buzz cut walked up to her.
 
"Little girl I'm afraid you're lost."
 
"No, isn't Haru here? This is his homeroom. He told me so."
 
Haru stood from his seat and walked up to his teacher. "Sorry Mr. Young. This is my cousin."
 
"Very well Mr. Sohma. Deal with her while I continue my class, I hope this isn't a sign for what's to come." The teacher was extremely annoyed at the youngster for interrupting his class. So he immediately began his class over again.
 
Hatsuharu lead Reika out into the hallway and picked her up.
 
"What are you doing out of class?" Haru raised his right eyebrow while carrying his cousin down the hall over to the stairs.
 
"They hate me, I want to hang out with you and Momiji instead. I refuse to go near that class again!" Reika's eyebrows furrowed together and her face grew an angry expression. Haru merely sighed as the principle's office came into view.
 
Walking into Mrs. Marlow's office, Haru set Reika down.
 
The lady at the desk stared expectantly at Hatsuharu. “You just couldn't wait to see me again could you?” The lady sighed. “Hatsuharu, what are you here for today.”
 
“My cousin snuck out of class and refuses to go back. Could I get a slip and have her with me today, she can try again tomorrow.”
 
The principle sighed and handed Haru a slip of paper after signing away her sanity.
“Just stay out of my office Haru.”
 
Haru left and started back to his class since homeroom was over.
 
Drama.
 
Disclaimer- I still don't own Fruits Basket so everyone can sigh in relief.