Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Kyo's Kitten Reika ❯ A New Life ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ayame arrived a little before five a.m. to help pack up the car and anything else they might need him to do.
 
Ayame slowly climbed the stairs and lightly knocked on Kyo's apartment door. Ayame knocked a little louder when no one answered.
 
“Hang on, I'm coming.” Ayame heard Kyo say right before he opened the door. “You do know that it was unlocked, right?” Kyo let Ayame in and told him all about where he would be staying.
 
“I enrolled Haru and you in schools already, but I'm not sure if you'll like the classes I picked for you, but they are already paid for, so to bad.” Ayame hugged Kyo dramatically, “I'm going to miss you so much! Promise to call me everyday so I can know what's happening!” Ayame hugged Kyo tighter.
 
Kyo pushed Ayame off of him, “I won't call often, do you want Akito to know that you helped me escape?”
 
Ayame looked down, “I guess I really hadn't thought of that.”
 
“Follow me, all of the suitcases are in my room.” Kyo led Ayame over to his door and carefully pushed it open. Kyo looked at Ayame and whispered, “Reika is still asleep, so don't wake her up.”
 
Ayame and Kyo packed the car and woke up Haru. “Here is all of the money from your accounts, I made sure not to leave anything. Your passports are with your tickets in the glove box.” Kyo nodded and muttered a thank you.
 
Kyo woke Reika up around five-thirty and carried her to the car.
 
It didn't take long for the four of them to drive to the airport. Ayame drove pretty fast, wanting to get them there early. “If you need anything, feel free to call me.” Ayame stated as he circled the parking lot.
 
After ten minuets, Ayame parked the car. “Reika, you have to get up now.” Kyo unbuckled her and lifted her out of the car. Reika took her backpack and shoulder bag and followed the three men, who were struggling to carry the luggage to the airport building.
 
Haru grinned when he noticed that there wouldn't be a long line to check in their bags. “Hey, Kyo, are you up for a race? First one to the check in desk wins, loser has to explain gay to Reika.”
 
“You're on!”
 
The two males ran with the luggage towards the woman at the luggage check in counter. It was easy to tell who was going to win, Kyo was easily a foot and a half ahead of Hatsuharu by the time he slammed his hand down onto the counter, startling the woman who worked there.
 
Ayame chuckled as he and Reika made their way to the counter where Kyo and Haru had begun to check in their bags.
 
After dropping off the luggage that was going to be stowed beneath the plane, Ayame pulled the group to a mini restaurant for breakfast. It wasn't much, but it was enough to fill them up for a while.
 
Reika launched herself at Ayame when it was time to say goodbye. “I'll miss you Ayame.”
 
Ayame kneeled down and hugged the six-year-old. “I'll miss you too. Be good for Haru and Kyo.”
 
“I will.”
 
Ayame hugged Kyo and Haru, and after a sappy goodbye, on Ayame's part, the two younger males and Reika headed over to the security area.
 
Everything went smoother then Kyo expected, as soon as he realized what was happening, everyone was buckling up and preparing for take off.
 
“Reika, you know how I liked Yuki right?” Haru asked.
 
“Yes, Yuki said you liked him more than Kyo liked Tohru.”
 
“Well, that's gay.” Haru states, “See Kyo, was it really that hard?”
 
“No, but did you have to explain it in front of everyone?”
 
“Yes.” Haru leaned his seat as far back as it would go.
 
“Where are we going?” Reika looked anxiously out of the window.
 
“London, England to live with Saki and Arisa.” Kyo stated. “I called them yesterday, and they said that Haru could come as long as he shares a room with me. Apparently they want you to have your own room.” Kyo grumbled.
 
Haru smirked at the thought of sharing a room with Kyo, and then fell fast asleep.
 
A/N - I don't own Fruits Basket and I never will.
This story is dedicated to my sister who decided to be my beta reader and forced me to keep writing. I love you Rissy.