Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Midnight Phantom ❯ Good or Evil ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
Hello! I'm writing from Aussie right now and believe me, things can get so hectic when your traveling so don't be surprised if this chapter is somewhat `different' or a bit `depressing'. Please review if you can, I love reading reviews a lot. Lol!
Well relax and have fun reading Midnight Phantom chapter 10.
 
Chapter 10 Good or Evil
 
It had appeared to be true that everyone was getting more furious, becoming stressed, turning abnormal and choosing to change to the opposite directions and decisions. It had now affected Tohru Honda, the girl who you would normally see walking around with a goofy but pleasing grin on her face that would make everyone around her feel comfortable and welcome, had become even more paranoid, bad tempered and rough-mannered. It had occurred to her now that she was in her so called `evil form' she recognized Akito as a filthy, rotten scandal and she would do anything just to save the zodiac animals from dying from the sickness that the scumbag had caused. Kureno looked at her scornful face, he could understand her being mad at Akito for kind of betraying them as he felt the exact same thing when he first heard the news but now that the anger had left him a little, he tried his best to forgive Akito although he knew it was very difficult.
 
This only left Tohru, Kureno, Ayame and Hatori whilst Shigure was still missing. They had started to get worried, Shigure always came home, well actually he hardly went out, as in he hardly left home. Maybe he went back to his own house but still, it was kind of scary, they hadn't heard from him for a long time. Ayame was still in the ward with Hatori, he was visiting Yuki after Tohru's extreme deathly nightmare.
 
While Kureno took Ritsu to the hospital wing to lie him in bed, Tohru went into her room; she then screamed as she spotted a dead rat lying by her windowsill, right next to the dead rat was a green infested powder. An idea shot to Tohru's head as she called one of the maids to clean up the mess. She ran out of the room in tears as her `good side' came back to life for only a short period. Kyo, Yuki and everybody else was going to die, Hatori had recently told her that Yuki has already started to bleed non-stop and Kyo had a weak heart rate, the sign of death was incredible and it scared Tohru to death knowing that she would lose another person that she loved, her mother, her father had gone, now even one of her zodiac friends could be next. But the thing that bugged her was the future. How could she even think of that idea? But she knew that she couldn't sit there and watch them die, as soon as her eyes shot to the rat, she realized that she had to do something that would've been impossible in her `good' form but she couldn't bear the frustration.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Akito's P.O.V
 
My life is getting more miserable every minute, I'm supposed to die but with the zodiac's energy, I'm living right here, while they die themselves, I deserve to die. Everyone is going to hate me if I let the jyuniishi die, everyone. But they can't, I'm god, they have to obey me…..What am I doing? I am lost in my own thoughts, I couldn't care less about the jyuniishi but what choice do I have? I don't want to disappoint Ryoichi, I…I don't want to be hated more than I am hated now. I hate myself, life isn't fair, it never has been. I want to be one of them, happy, aloud to enjoy the sunshine everyday, aloud to express their opinions to each other, able to confess their darkest secrets to their closest friends, I have no friends, I have no one, I hate it!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
 
 
That very night as Tohru watched the lights flicker off in every building but Akito's; she made her way to his room and knocked.
 
“Don't you know how late it is, whoever it is, you are so inconsiderate, leave now!” Akito's voice came out as Tohru's knees started to shake. Even though the normal pure goodness in her was still inside her heart, the dark and mysterious power had overtaken the light that shone normally and it had put it out to a small tiny, mere invisible light.
 
“Umm…so sorry to disturb you Akito but I brought you some tea as I've heard it helps to prevent sicknesses… so you might want to drink some incase. I picked out green tea if you don't mind and I added some honey for more flavor.” Tohru made up a lie as she entered without asking.
 
“Yea right… I did not ask you to enter, what right do you have to barge in like that, how despicable, I can't believe I have to deal with the likes of you, now what do you want?” Akito demanded not even looking at Tohru.
 
“But Akito…your health…everybody is getting sick…” She gave an innocent sigh.
 
“Just shut it, you don't care about me and I don't care about you, if you think bringing tea in is going to make me think you're a good person then forget it, you've wasted your time or else just leave it on the table but I won't promise that I'll drink it. Since I've heard your good at making tea but I strongly doubt it as no tea tastes good when the person who makes it is a damn pain”
 
“Uh..Sure…I'll just leave it here then but please just taste it, if you don't like it then it's fine by me if you throw it away” Tohru left the room with a hidden evil smile.
 
As she closed the door behind her, she heard Akito getting up and taking the cup from the table. She was eager to hear him suffer, cry out words of pain, that was until her `good side' returned. `What am I doing? This isn't right, this isn't even me, I have to stop him before he takes a sip of that tea.'
 
She burst into the room and yelled out “AKITO STOP!” But judging by the fact that his lips had already touched the tea, she sank to the ground and tears swelled up in her eyes. `What have I done?' She asked herself inside her head a million times forgetting Akito was there.
 
“Haha, very funny Tohru Honda, I find it very amusing that you have the guts to place rat poison into my tea, I find it rather peculiar that you would dare to come to my room trying to convince me to drink it. You are too stupid Tohru and you cannot fool me and you never can so why don't you just go home and live with your darling grandpa.” Akito gave a fake laugh.
 
“But…Akito…did you drink it? How'd you know?” Tohru stammered ignoring his insult.
 
“Of course I knew, you bastard. And are you blind? I drank it and now everyone's gonna blame you for my death and you better not deny it missy or something really bad could happen to you, you could be punished while I on the other hand will be thought noble and brave, to die for the zodiac animals, ha, such pathetic fools.” He told her with a not so nice snicker.
 
“Akito…I swear, I was being manipulated, it wasn't me, I swear!”
 
“Oh yea, well who was it? The boogeyman? Don't answer, who knows whether you're lying or not, nobody can trust you, you can cause such havoc in our lives and you don't realize, what a freak.” Akito carried on with his usual insults.
 
A sharp ping went to Tohru's head. “Did….did you sacrifice your life for the jyuniishi?” She asked nervously.
 
“Of course not, why the hell would I do that, they don't mean anything to me, nor do you, remember this so I don't have to tell you again, they live because of me, they live for me, they die for me, simple as that.”
 
“Then. Why'd you drink it, I don't understand, you do realize that you could die? You could've lived and apart from the zodiac animals dying then there was no reason for you to do such a thing, Akito even though we haven't gotten through life as friends, I would never want you to die, it would be so horrible of me if I ever did think of that.” Tohru proved her point.
 
“Even if I liked you, I would never tell you and do you know why? Because you're a horrible person and I really hate and despise you. Wait a minute…...Oh congratulations, I think you're plan is working.” Akito sneered at her while clutching onto his stomach and rolling onto the ground looking like he was in pain. Tohru stared and watched helplessly, her hands shivering from the fright. Even if she tried to escape it, nothing would help her, she had to face reality, and she had just murdered someone. She had just killed Akito and no one will ever believe the fact that it wasn't her.
 
“Oh my god, what have I done? What have I done?” Tohru shriveled into a ball in the corner of the room trying to stay as furthest away as possible from the nearly dead Akito. She couldn't move, her legs were completely glued to the ground, she grabbed a nearby phone and called Hatori's cell obviously waking him up.
 
“Hatori, please get here quick…..Akito, he's dead.” Tohru's words came as a blur, although Akito was only nearly dead, it was the simplest way to get Hatori to come quickly, exaggerating was a great source of attention.
 
“I can't hear what your saying but I'll be right over.” Hatori replied hearing the panic in Tohru's voice meant something really bad would've happened. He woke up the others up as he took them with him to Akito's building, Kureno accepted but Ayame refused.
 
“I will not leave Yuki, especially when he's spending the last moments of his life here, I need to be next to him, I owe him that. In the past I haven't exactly been here for him but now I can make up for the mistakes I've made, I'm his brother and there's nothing you can do to take me with you.” Ayame said actually being serious for the first time ever. Now the mood change was occurring around Ayame, his usual confident, over-obsessed with himself image had been turned upside down, he kind of looked like Hatori when he was serious.
 
“I don't have time for this, Kureno we got to go now, hurry.” Hatori took no as an answer as he sprinted with Kureno.
 
“Oh shoot, what's happening?” Kureno questioned as he saw blood out of Akito's mouth and Tohru sitting in the corner looking ghost white. The tea remained untouched as they scanned the room from top to bottom. The sky had gone cloudy the moment they walked in, it was such a spooky and unpleasant atmosphere. The sohma main house felt as if it were the home of the grim reaper and they weren't joking.
 
“Go see if he's okay, I'll go check on Tohru.” Kureno instructed Hatori.
 
Without obligation Hatori rushed to Akito's side trying to revive him.
 
“Tohru, talk to me, what happened, you need to tell me right here right now!” Kureno said sternly hoping that it would get her to speak.
 
“I-I-It wasn't me!” Was all that came out of Tohru's mouth.
 
“What in the world are you talking about?” Kureno kept questioning her.
 
“It wasn't me, you have to believe me.” Tohru answered her face still pale as snow.
 
“Tohru, calm down, stop crying now tell me, what happened, what did you do or what didn't you do? Why is Akito like that? What is going on?” Questions flooded out of Kureno's mouth before he was aware of it.
 
“Please forgive me when I say this…I didn't mean to do what I did…Kureno…..this may sound very wrong but you just need to trust me. Okay, well...” Tohru paused
 
“Oh this is such a handful, we've got Akito dying here and all the others dying over there. This is crazy, I really can't take it any more.” Exclaimed Hatori before Tohru could carry on speaking. It seemed Hatori had now had a personality makeover, the once calm, dull, serious Hatori was pounding his fist on the table and going completely mad. Kureno remained the sane one staring at the two, one ghostly white, can't even speak properly, dumbstruck and the other, well the other was acting like a person who was half drunk who may have gotten fired from their job.
 
They all discovered soon enough that this was a race against time for life. Only one can survive, Akito or the others, it was hard to tell but right now they were in a critical situation. If Akito dies, the zodiac will live, if ONE of the jyuniishi die, Akito himself will live longer than he's supposed to and that was something certainly unpredictable. It was the end of something old and now it's the start of something new, yes new, but problematic and difficult.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
 
I tried to write this chapter as suspenseful and dramatic as I could. Anyway since my wireless internet card didn't work in Aussie, I had to write it in Aussie but publish it at home so sorry if there as been a slow update. I guess it is a long chapter though…hehe
 
I hope you enjoyed reading chapter 10. Thank you for visiting my story page!