Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ My Love for eternity ❯ memory of her ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
She died on a tuesday, I loved tohru and she died. People said it was a heart attack, some said it was scuicide. I knew she would never kill herself, she loved life to much. It always struck me as odd that she would have died of such an heart condition, she was very young barely out of her teens, but I set it aside, believing it to be nothing more than grief manifesting itself into paranoia. After the funeral a friend of hers came to me and because of mutual depression we bonded. Before long we were dating, a few months later we were engaged. She proposed to me, frankly I wasn't ready for such a big comitment seeing as my wife of 3 yrs. and my lover of even longer had just died, but I couldn't say no to her, she was just so persuasive. Tomorrow is our wedding day so I decided to go out and get a smoke. When my wife was alive I didn't smoke, I never wanted to, never needed to. Besides sex, smoking was the only thing that seemed to keep me going, it was my vice, my crutch. As I was taking the first drag of the night, god I needed it, watching the ashes curl and fall to the ground. I decided to walk around the house. My new fiance' Uo had decided to have her closest friend stay over so that she could help her with the gown in the morning, I thought I'd do a little eavesdropping seeming as I had nothing better to do at the moment. Standing close to her bedroom door, carefully not making any noise. "....I can't believe the plan worked," a voice squealed. "yah but the bitch of the thing was killing her," giggled the other. "well he would have been mine anyway if that slut hadn't met him first," I started to become alarmed and enraged. " I mean she was nothing but a little tramp, how she ever got him I'll never know," chuckled a voice. "ah well she's out of the way and tomorrow he'll be yours forever," trailed the other voice. I wanted to breakdown the door, hurt them for all the shit they had done to me and to her, my love, my wife. She had never hurt anyone in her life and she was betrayed by two of her friends. I wanted to kill them, but I couldn't, she wouldn't have wanted it that way. Walking as quickly as I could, I made my way back to my room and packed a small bag. Basically underwear, my important documents and the thing I treasured the most my only picture of her. She didn't like having her picture taken but she once let me take one because she knew how much I wanted one. I heard rustling around in the kitchen, "Do you want something to eat kyo sweetie," my former fiance called in her sickeningly sweet voice, "No thanks, I think I'm going to turn in," I waited and listened she had retreated back to her room. Now was my chance I was going to leave her at the altar, she was going to be so humiliated that she would never be able to step out in public again. Grabbing my bag I went to the garage and got into my car, I hit the garage door opener and slammed on the gas. I tore out driveway, I just drove didn't know where I was supposed to go. The police? nahh no proof. Out of state? maybe. Disneyland? definately not. Suddenly I saw it, I had driven to the graveyard. As long as I was here I decided to at least say goodbye to her. Her grave was now covered in grass and little flowers were growing there, it was beautiful. "I found out what they did, I'm sorry I was so blind," I started to choke up, " I'm going to go far away, but I promise we'll be together in heaven, I love you," I kissed the tombstone, "goodbye." I heard a gun cock behind me, "I thought we had a beautiful thing, I thought you loved me." "well that was before I found out you were a psychotic bitch who killed my wife," I retorted turning around to face her. "I knew you'd come here, you'd go back to your slut," she said stroking her finger over the trigger. "Don't you say a damn thing about her, you traitor you don't deserve to say her name," I blazed with anger. "That may be, but I'll forgive your harsh words if you'll come back to me," she smiled a big cheesy grin, but that certainly didn't make up for the rifle she had shoved in my face. "Never," I spat in her face. She wiped some of the saliva off, " Well then, it's quite clear you have to die." I tried to run but it was to late, I sank to the ground. I crawled to her tombstone and with my last breathe I whispered, "see you soon, my love."