Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Night's Tears ❯ Stranger ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Fruits Basket!
 
A/N: This is my first account on this sight so I hope you like it!
 
夜ã¯å¼•ãè& #163;‚ã
~ S T R A N G E R ~
 
The wind blew roughly through the trees. The forest was eerily still. Nothing was heard except for the wind as it wove its way threw the trees. Suddenly the wind stopped and heavy breathing could be heard. Black hair fell back into position in front of the girl face as the wind stopped pushing it backwards. Blue eyes, as cold as ice, pierced through everything they saw. Their gaze dropped downwards as a drip could be heard. A delicate hand held a gleaming dagger. Rivers of crimson wound their way down the blade to eventually merge at the bottom.
 
The wind blew through the trees again and lifted leaves and dirt off of the ground. The girl lifted her right arm to block her eyes, only to gasp in pain as the bullet wound finally decided to make itself known. She had forgotten about it because she had so many other wounds all over her body. The wind blew harder and she involuntarily shivered as the wind found its way through the bloody rags that covered her body. The wind calmed down and the girl slowly started to make her way through the woods, away from the people that had tried to use her for their pleasure.
 
She had made sure not to kill them. God knows that she had probably done enough of that already.
 
It slowly got darker as day became night. It also got colder and the girl was convinced that if she didn't get out of there soon she wouldn't make it through the night.
 
With this thought she began to walk quicker, as if she knew that if picked up her pace death would take longer to find her.
 
Eventually she saw a light ahead. She started to run as the distance between the trees grew larger, and finally she was out of the forest and in front of a house. She could hear voices inside so she slipped her knife into its sheath under her shirt sleeve before knocking. The yelling stopped and she heard someone walking towards the front door.
 
“Help,” she whispered softly as she gazed at a pair of red eyes before fainting.
 
“Someone call Hatori!” Kyo yelled out as he picked up the girl. He carried the girl into his room and could hear Yuki calling Hatori from the phone down below. He heard people coming up the stairs and soon Tohru and Shigure were standing in front of the door. Tohru squeaked when she saw the girl and Shigure could only stand there with a look of surprise on his face.
 
“Hatori's going to be here soon,” Yuki said as he appeared behind Tohru and Shigure.
 
“Do you think she's going to be alright?” Tohru asked no one in particular as she started to move closer towards the girl.
 
“I don't know,” Shigure said as he looked at the girl in front of him. Her raven black hair ended an inch or two below her shoulder blades. Her face would have been beautiful if there weren't cuts on her forehead and her right cheek. Her body was a nice shape but covered in blood. Her clothes were bloody and torn. “I wonder what she looks like without all the blood,” Shigure muttered to himself, only to be thrown out of the door by Yuki and Kyo.
 
“Go open the door for Hatori,” Kyo muttered angrily and Shigure reluctantly went down the stairs to open the door for Hatori.
 
Hatori came upstairs and made everybody leave the room after he saw his patient. Everyone heard the door close and solemnly walked down stairs, each hoping that the girl would be alright.
 
..:::..
 
“Is she going to be alright?” Tohru broke the silence after Hatori came downstairs.
 
“I believe so,” Hatori replied and gratefully took the cup of tea that Tohru offered him.
 
“What do you think happened to her?” Kyo asked Hatori.
 
“She was attacked,” Yuki said.
 
“Shut up you damn rat!” Kyo yelled at Yuki.
 
“I found a bullet in her right arm as well as a dagger covered in blood hidden in a sheath on her arm.”
 
“I just hope she's okay,” Shigure said. “After all she is a beautiful girl.”
 
“Pervert!” both Kyo and Yuki said while punching Shigure out of the door.
 
“My poor house!” Shigure exclaimed. Tohru tried to hold back her giggles while Hatori only shook his head.