Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Please Remember Me ❯ Towa no Hana ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please Remember Me Chapter 8
Towa no Hana
A/N: Wow! 10 reviews! Thanks! I didn't even expect 5. I just realized how short my last chapter was. I'm sorry. Towa No Hana is the theme song to Ai Yori Aoshi. It means Flower of Eternity, by Yoko Ishida. By the way, I don't own the song or Ai Yori Aoshi or Fruits Basket...I guess one can dream can't one. I know I've said this before but this may be the last chapter. This is another Yuki chapter.
 
Chapter 8
I sighed and unlocked the door to my apartment and stepped in side. I had moved out of Shigure's house about three months or so ago. I tossed my backpack down on the couch and headed for the kitchen and started making some instant ramen for dinner. Thankfully, Nii-san had taught me how to make ramen in the microwave. I can cook as long as I use the microwave, otherwise I burn everything. I headed to the couch and grabbed my backpack. As I opened it I glanced at the side table where my phone was and saw that the light on the answering machine was blinking. I reached over and pressed the play button.
"Three new messages." The machine said in a monotonous tone.
 
***beep***
Yuki? You there? Yuki? Oh right you have classes don't you? Sorry! Anyways, Its Ayame. I just wanted to see how you're doing. Sorry I haven't been by to see your new place, but business has boomed practically. Give me a call sometime and we can plan on getting together someday when you don't have class. Talk to you later, little brother.
***beep***
'Great.' I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes. I know for awhile the gap between Ayame and myself seemed to close, but I think its starting to reopen.
***beep***
Yuki-nii? It's Kisa. I was wondering if you were free later to help me with my homework. You said I could call you if I need help with my homework. I'll stop by on my way home from work around 8 or so. Ja ne!
***beep***
I nodded and instinctivly glanced at the clock. It was just after 5:30pm.
***beep***
Yuki-kun? Its Shigure. I thought I'd call and tell you that Saki-kun and Arisa-kun have been asking to talk to you. They won't say what they want to talk to you about. I know you don't want to talk to them since how they treated Tohru-kun. I thought you'd want to know. I didn't give them your address or phone number. Kyo says that each time he leaves the dojo they're there, demanding were you are. As much as he hates you, he's told me that he's not going to tell them were you are until they tell him what they want. Well, I thought I'd warn you. Take care.
***beeeeep***
"End of messages." The machine's voice spoke up. I reached over and punched the 'Erase' button.
"Messages erased." The machine said as if I didn't know what button I pushed.
I sighed and pulled my homework out of my backpack and headed to the table. I sat down and tried to start on my history paper. I sighed again just as the microwave beeped loudly to announce that it was done. I headed back to the kitchen and grabbed my dinner. I headed back to the table and started working on that paper.
**A COUPLE HOURS LATER**
I streched as I put away the last of my homework. I glanced at the clock. 'Kisa should be here any moment.'I thought lazily. 'I'd better clean up a little bit.' I thought as I glanced around the room.
I had just finished straightening up the room when the door bell rang. I walked over to open the door and let my younger cousin in.
"Hi Yuki-nii!" She greeted.
"Hey Kisa-chan." I replied as she walked passed me. "I got your message. I'll help you, but I have to get up early tomorrow for work."
"Maybe I could come back another time, I'm sure Hatsuharu-nii can help me." she said quickly. She seemed a bit more like Tohru-chan.
I shook my head. "Don't worry, Kisa-chan. You're already here and I just finished my homework. I can help you."
She smiled. "Arigato! I was hoping you would. You make it easier to understand than Hiro-kun or Hatsuharu-nii."
I led her to the table. She sat in the chair next to me. "I was wondering if you can help me with my math, problem 13 in particular. I can't figure out how to work it out."
"Alright, let me take a look."
**AN HOUR LATER**
Kisa stretched her arms over her head. "Almost done! I really appreciate this, Yuki-nii." She glanced around and stood up. "Is it alright if I make some tea?"
"Go ahead." I said lazily.
"Do you want me to make you some?" she asked as she headed for the kitchen.
"If you want to." I replied, resting my head on my hand and closed my eyes.
"Yuki-kun?" A soft voice called to me. "Yuki-kun?" I opened my eyes and stared. Right in front of me was Tohru-chan. I closed my eyes and shook my head quickly. When I opened my eyes again, she was still there, she looked as if she was glowing.
"T-Tohru-chan?" I whispered.
She smiled and nodded. "Hai, Yuki-kun. It's me. Do you miss me?"
I nodded slowly. "I've never been able to get you off of my mind."
"Then come with me, Yuki, my love." she reached out her hand to me. "Just take my hand and let me lead you."
"But what about--?" I started.
"Don't worry about anything. I've missed you so much, Yuki-kun. Please, come with me, koishii." She pressed.
I glanced quickly around my small apartment before reaching out to take Tohru's hand in mine. It felt surprisingly warm.
"I love you, Tohru." I muttered.
"I love you, too, Yuki." She smiled.
====================================
 
A/N: Okay I know this seems like a corny chapter but ;P I've always wanted to a fic like this.