Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Please Remember Me ❯ My Immortal ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Please Remember Me Chapter 9
My Immortal
 
 
A/N: I had posted a different final chapter for this, but then realized it didn't make sense with the story. So I took it down. Hope you like the new one. And as always I don't own Fruits Basket, that honor belongs to Natsuki Takaya-sama. My Immortal is done by Evanesence.
 
 
Chapter 9
untitled
Kyo's POV
8 years later
 
I knelt down in front of the grave marker and put some flowers on it and sat back. It was hard to believe it had been eight years since Yuki mysteriously died. I remember getting a phone call from Shigure, telling me about what happened. For almost a whole year, Kisa didn't say a word. Not that I blame her. When she finially started to speak, she told us that Yuki agreed to help her with her homework, and while she was there, she got up to make some tea. When she came back, she first thought that Yuki had fallen asleep. She said she tried to wake him up but he didn't even move. Needless to say she called the cops.
 
It was a nightmare for Kisa and Hiro, who has never left the tora's side. Originally, the cops thought that Kisa had poisoned Yuki, but when it was proven that he hadn't been poisoned, they let her go.
 
Gradually, she got over what had happened. In fact, she and Hiro recently married. They're still on their honeymoon in Cairo.
 
I wiped the sweat from my eyes and stood up. "I bet you're kinda surprised to see me here, Yuki. I know that I never gave you much peace before Tohru-kun died. I just wanted to beat you and take my place in the zodiac." I sighed and stood up. "I'm sorry I caused you trouble."
 
I rearranged the flowers and slowly turned and walked toward the entrance to the cemetery.
 
"Otou-san!" A little girl ran up to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. I knelt down and picked her up. "Are you all done, otou-san?"
 
"Hai, Suzame-chan." I walked out of the cemetery. I met Mariko, my wife, in my last year of high school and we dated all through college. We married six years ago, just after we graduated college. A year after we married, Suzame was born.
 
My daughter was born with the curse. It took us awhile for us to find out Suzame-chan was cursed at all. We didn't find out until she was a month old when Kazuma held her for the first time. Kazuma, and most of the other members of the zodiac all laughed when we found out she was cursed with the Rat.
 
"Kyo?" My wife's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Kyo? Daijobu?"
 
"Eh? Oh, daijobu. Doushite?" I asked.
 
"I don't know, you just seem out of it for a while there." she said grabbing my hand.
 
"Otou-san? Isn't that one of the ladies that you always get mad at?" Suzame pointed to a young woman in front of a shop in front of us.
 
"Yes, she is." I answered.
 
"Suzame-chan, don't point. It's not polite." Mariko scolded lightly.
 
"Gomen, Oka-san."
 
My wife moved closer to me. "Which one of the girls is that?" She asked in a whisper.
 
"Uotani Arisa." I whispered back.
 
"Do you want to avoid her?" Mariko asked.
 
I shook my head. "Iie, I'm not in the mood, besides it was long ago."
 
"Why do you hate her, Otou-san?" Suzame asked.
 
"It's a long and unhappy story." I asked. "Someday I'll tell you."
 
"Oy! Kyo!" I cursed silently to myself as the former Yankee came running up to us, as though she were a friend of ours.
 
"What do you want?" I said.
 
"I've been trying to contact you for a few months." She said, as she tried to catch her breath.
 
"Yeah, I know, and I want you to stop." I said. "It's not just me who want you to stop. My entire family wants you and Hanajima to stop or we'll call the cops."
 
"Hana-chan and I have been trying to apologize to you all for everything." She responded, looking shocked.
 
"Yeah, well, it's a bit to late for all of that." I replied a bit snappish.
 
"Kyo..." Mariko started, putting her hand on my arm. I knew she was trying to keep me from getting angry.
 
"What the hell was I supposed to do? Every time I tried to call your family, we get hung up on." Uo stated.
 
"For one thing, you're apologizing to the wrong people. You should be apologizing to Tohru, and maybe Yuki." I said. "And my family wants nothing to do with you or that damned Goth girl. You weren't there for Tohru even though she was always there for you."
 
"Why you-! We didn't know she needed us?" The Yankee screeched.
 
"You wouldn't know seeing how you ignored her for her last two months or so." I retorted.
 
"Kyo. Stop it." Mariko's grip on my arm became tighter.
 
I looked at her then back to Uotani then back to Mariko. "I'm sorry, let's go. I'm through talking to this...*person*." I said as I grabbed my wife's hand and walked away.
 
"DAMMIT ORANGE TOP!! HANA AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO APOLOGIZE FOR YEARS!!!" the former Yankee shouted after us.
 
I stopped and turned to look at her. "I'm not the one you should apologize to, butt you missed your chance to do that." With that I turned around and headed back home.
 
~~~~
 
The next day, I was trying to get my daughter ready for school, when the phone started to ring. I heard Mariko answer it.
 
"Kyo?" She came into the room. "It's for you. It's Shigure-san. I'll finish getting her dressed."
 
"Okay, Mariko." I said. I kissed her on the cheek as I left the room.
 
"Shigure?" I said into the phone after I picked it off the table.
 
"Ah, Kyo-kun. Have you read the newspaper today?" He didn't sound like his usual cheerful self.
 
"I haven't had the time yet. Why?" I asked, trying to remember where I put it this morning.
 
"One of Tohru's 'friends' committed suicide last night." He said.
 
"Oh? Which one?" I asked, finally locating the damn paper on the kitchen counter.
 
"Hanajima Saki. They say she left a note, apologizing to Tohru and Yuki and the entire Sohma family." Shigure said.
 
"What do you think about it?" I asked, as I opened the paper.
 
"I'm not really sure, honestly. I mean, I know Tohru would have forgiven them, and Yuki might have. But I'm not sure about me."
 
"Well, I saw Uotani yesterday and, well, let's just say it wasn't easy keeping my temper in check."
 
"Well, you were never really good at that. It wasn't until Tohru died that you did.
Anyways, I thought I'd tell you about Saki. I got to get going, I got a deadline coming up."
 
"Alright. I'll talk with you later." I said then hung up the phone.
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: This may be the last chapter. It all going to depend on the amount of response I get. I may or may not write another one.