Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ prancing ponys and charging mustangs ❯ life's turn around ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Sadly fruits baskets is not mine, kuz if it was Haru would be alllll mmmiiinnne! >=)! Mwahahahaha!
My name. I left my name, so long ago. On those city streets as a child I ran to. For courage, for hope, for me. But if you really need something to call me by its Yasashiku. Ya, Gentle, Polite. Sometimes I laugh noticing my parents name me wrong. Well, my parents weren't what you could call normal. They were, as to say... nutcases? I was abused. For so many years. And then when she yelled. That was that. I grabbed my guitar case packed up and ran. Now wondering the streets trying to figure out were in the world I was, as I looked around me and noticed I had gotten my self into the back streets. I shrugged found I little alcove between two buildings and fell asleep clutching my guitar case.
 
“Well, well, well, what do we got here? Maybe a missing runaway?” I heard someone mumble as they decided to nudge me with their shoe. I looked up straining my eyes to find the person was no other than “Hey Haru, long time no see, wats up?” “Other then your parents calling every one freaking out kuz you ran away, nothing much.” He said with a sly grin. From looking at his eyes I could tell he was black, this day keeps on getting better and better.
He sighed “Now come on, we gotta get back to Shigure's place, your parents are waiting for you there.” Haru held out his hand to help me up. “No.” I said simply. He sighed again, running a hand through his gorgeous hair. `Damn,' I thought `he looks so cute when he does that'. “Look,” he said softly. Kneeling down so he could look me straight in the eye “I know you Yasa I know you so good that I know you had to have a good reason for running like you did, but dam I'm not going to be the one to go back to tell them I found you and you aren't coming back. And if I had to give you any reason to come home it would be for Cat. She's a nervous wreck with out you around. You dig'?” he said that with a sad smile.
Cat was my best friend Catherine's nickname. She had been adopted when we were both young to be used as a house keeper girl. It was my turn to sigh. “Fine cow boy. Ill go.” A big grin spread across his face as I just notice white haru was back. Haru helped me up and to my surprise gave me a small hug. “Welcome back pony.” He whispered softly in my ear causing me to smile at what I thought was my long forgotten nickname.
He let go looking around “Now, umm, which way is it again to Shigure's place?” I sighed rubbing my head. This was going to be a lllooonnnggg day.
After hours of walking we found our way to Shigure's house. I was disappointed to see my parents red jaguar in the drive way. Haru turned and looked at me offering a small smile. I think he knew how nervous I was. We walked up to the door and I didn't even knock yet when I was knocked down by an obviously happy Cat. She had a content look on her face that read “I told you so!” In other words she knew I would come back. I gave her one of my famous mischievous grins and said, breaking out laughing, “hey kitty cat! Miss me much?” Cat has always gotten mad at me for being so layed back. She said that some day im going to get in to big trouble for it but I don't think I will. (At least I hope not…). Cat finally got up leading (more like dragging) me in to the house excited as ever.
In less then a nanosecond I was mobbed by my dearest mother (Janet) who began to sob about `how glad she was that I was ok'. This was just too much. “Get you filthy discussing hands off me!” I snarled. I executed a perfect drop kick and next thing I knew I had a strong hand dragging me out to the car and slamming me up against the car.
My father (Bobby) had me pinned against it. His hands firmly on my shoulders. “You disgusting, little, spoiled brat” he growled “me and Janet show you into our home, giving you nothing but love and care, providing you with food and shelter. And this is the thanks we get? You cause a seen by waltzing out of the house. Then you hurt my Janet, that's it. It's the orphanage for you!” I laughed. “Have your filthy lies gotten so bad that even you believe them?” Grabbing me by the hair he threw me into the back seat of the car. I could feel some of the hairs being pulled out of my skull and the skin begin to bleed. But that wasn't my main concern.
I could hear Cat's yells outside as she got a worse beating then me for giving Janet a round house kick when she wouldn't let Cat outside to save me. I started climbing back out of the car. My vision was a little hazy but I was ok. I launched myself at Janet who was just then coming out to see what the commotion was all about. Sadly the next thing me and Cat knew we were back in the back seat of the car. Arms and leg tightly bound with some rope that was in the back seat. (Why that was there, I do not know…). Bobby was getting into the drivers seat. Janet was already seated and buckled in.
Just as Bobby got buckled in haru waltzed over. Anyone who knew him would have run. Because the look in his eyes even scared me. His arm shot through the car window grabbing Bobby's shirt by the collar and growled “Excuse me sir I think you have two things that don't belong to you” Bobby gulped “And what two things would those be?” “Cat and Yasashiku you fool!” he snarled. Ok, now Haru was really scaring me. I don't usually scare easily. “Bobby hunny, I think we should do what the young man says…” Janet whimpered in the passenger seat. I had the feeling that she was a little scared too. After a while we were released from our bondages and they let us go. In which case I promptly passed out from blood loss.
************************************************************** ***
After a long while of darkness there was this big white tunnel ahead of me. My first thought was `oh sh** Im dead!' I opened my eyes and sat up. I noticed I was in a hospital. I never read about hospital when I was looking up heaven in the bible when I was little. I turned my head a little to see Hatori walking in. “Well, I must not be dead unless Hatori is God's doctor too.” I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear. He shook his head slowly and I could see the grin trying to climb over his doctor's mask. Sometimes Hatori is just too damn serious.
(Couple days later)
After a couple days Hatori let me go after giving me a stern warning to be careful. I had nodded and said nothing. I walked down the street. I had managed to sneak out ounce and a while and bought an apartment with the money my real mom and dad left me when they died. It was nice. 2 bed rooms 3 bathrooms, a kitchen etc…
So I was now at school wearing the stupid uniform MY way. In other words with jeans under the skirt, tank top, just to be annoying I put red streaks through my hair est., est.. I was in 4th period math and Haru sat in front of me. We were both done with our work and I was bored to hell and back. Haru leaned all the way back in his chair bending so his head was on my desk. “Hey!” he said with one of his funny little grins. I grinned back at him “hey what's up?” I said trying to sound more cheerful then sleepy. I had been at a club all night trying to earn some cash on open mic night. I actually picked up $24 in tips and lined up a second performance. So in a way it went ok. “Nothing much” he said slowly like he was building up to say something else. “Look I was wondering, if you were going with anyone to the dance Friday?” he said a light blush creeping over his face. “No. Why?” I said slowly trying to figure out what he was trying to ask me. Most of the time when guys ask a girl that question they usually mean... “…so will you go to the dance with me?” Haru mumbled breaking my thoughts. His face almost completely covered in pink. By then the whole class was watching us trying to hear what my response would be. I smiled. He didn't know how long I was waiting for him to ask me that. “Yes!” I said with a big smile coming across my face. He smiled back “Kay, ill pick you up 6ish so we can get some dinner before?”
When class let out I nearly ran over every one in school to find Cat and tell her. “Cat! Haruaskedmeouttogototheschooldancewithhimandisaidyes!” “Oh, my, god! No way!?” she screamed understanding my gibberish. “Yup! It's true! I have got a date!” I said cheerfully. Cat all the sudden felt the ground. “But Yasa?” “Ya?” I replied trying g to figure out what the hell she was doing. “It doesn't seem like hell froze over, I mean the grounds not cold.” I twitched. Madness and anger melted in to happy and all the sudden broke out laughing noticing what she was talking about. I had said only last week that I would get a date “when hell freezes over”. I was surprised that cat remembered. Tho, cat remembers every thing…”and we have to get dresses on the way home then!” cat was squealing. Then it struck me. Im going to have to wear a dress. If you must know I hate dresses. Unless they're black of course….
 
Okie that's all for now! Plz leve a message after the beep...beeeeeepppp!
 
 
 
.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
2