Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Secrets only a Wolf Would Know ❯ Efaila ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

DISCLAIMER: I don't own, you no sue! Fruits Basket's not mine, yada, yada, yada and all that other legal crap.

And here's a few words that are used throughout the story in Japanese.

Format: Japanese-English

Ohayoo- Morning.

Bachan- Grandma

Matte- Wait

Kami- Kinda like saying, "God!"

Efaila

She stood before the Sohma Compound with her suitcases in hand as she stared up at her old workplace.

The maid was no longer a maid, but old. Wrinkles from laughter creased her eyes that were as warm as spring. Her form was now hunched from holding her belly with joy at a young age. Her body was widened from holding children in her belly, and birthing them in her life.

Yet now, there was only one.

One to nurture and one to teach.

The old woman turned around to face that young one.

Her hair was black as pitch is it fell around her face in unruly waves, and curling down her back to flirt with the curve of her buttocks. Her waist was slim, her shoulders slender. Her breast were full and luscious mounds covered by a halter top of deep green. Her hips were wide and curvaceous from dancing, and her legs were well muscled and tones from running. She was medium height, with a PHAT ass covered with low cut pants that clung to her thighs and calves and belled out around her ankles. Her whole body was evenly tanned, the color of soft caramel. Her deep brown eyes stared up with boredom at the Sohma Compound.

"Here I am." The older woman whispered. "Home."

"Psht." The younger woman scoffed. "When I drop my bags off I'm gonna go check out Sugar's house."

The older woman opened up the main gates and was greeted by a young boy who was bursting with life, and an older one who seemed a bit confused.

Haru and Momiji stared at the two women. Momiji had an idea of who the older one was, and the younger one did look familiar. . . Oh well. He greeted the older woman and took bags from her as he ran off crying out, "Follow me!"

Haru on the other hand looked at the older woman and smiled. "Would you like some assistance ma'am?"

The older woman smiled. "Why, thank you!" Haru took the heaviest bags from her. "My name is Mariko Sohma. I'm here to see Akito Sohma. This girl here is going to Shigure's house in the meantime, would you mind escorting her there?"

Haru nodded and escorted the older woman who was followed by the younger one, through a maze of houses within the miniature village. Eyes of passing Sohma's glanced at the new comers, and smiled a shy greeting. Others stared quizzically at Haru and the older woman while single guys stared at the swaying hips of the black haired woman.

Haru finally led them to a house where Momiji had left the door open, and was running out in a blur of sweet words and laughter. He paused in front of the old woman. "Ohayoo bachan." Momiji greeted the elder. "This is your home. If at anytime you need any assistance, just call upon the Main House, and they'll send down someone to help you." Momiji gave a deep bow, and was about to hurry off.

"Matte." Haru said grabbing the energetic boy by the collar, choking him to death. "We need to escort her to Shigure's home." He said indicating the younger woman who set her bags down by the door.

"I'll be out in a minute, I'm gonna change real fast, k?" She grabbed one of the larger suitcases and a backpack before heading out into the side room that she claimed as her own.

She was as good as her word when Haru and Momiji walked out the door and spun around, there she was right on their heels.

She changed her look. Her hair was in a wild pony tail, she wore a pink halter top that was striped with lighter pinks and white. Her pants were replaced with a short skirt that was white with pink edges. White low ankle Sketchers laced pink graced her feet, with lower socks. Her belly showed a small scar on her right hip, and another more jagged one on her back. She had a matching pink mini backpack slung over one shoulder, and reflecting silver shades covering her eyes. She glanced up at them through those shades and grinned. "Shall we go then?"

***************

Shigure was having a wonderful day. He had finished a manuscript, and teasing Mii. Tohru had made regular appearances within his study. Kyo and Yuki had not torn up his home at all today, Aya was on his way with Hatori driving. Haru and Momiji were coming over, or so Hatori said before he left to pick up Aya. And even though Hatori was driving from the Sohma Compound, Kagura was not able to come because she was off on a trip somewhere far away, thus unable to come over and tear up his house as she usually does.

But the best part was his house. Definitely his house. It hadn't come to pieces, and he hoped it would stay like that forever. But alas, one can't want the impossible.

So deep in his musings Shigure was in his study, that even on the same level as the door, he never heard the voices that called.

It was Tohru's voice calling a welcome that made his jump out of his thoughts.

But it was the familiar voice that made him pale in fright, and leap up from his seat in his study.

No way in hell. . . He thought. She can't be here!

His eyes widened a degree, sweat fell down his face in giant beads as his jaw slacked.

He crawled to his door, and stuck his head out, peering suspiciously, praying his canine sense of hearing and smell were so wrong, that she hadn't come back, that she was where she was sent.

His jaw fell to the floor as his world spun into darkness of fear. He became jelly jiggly and fell to the floor in a pool of freaked out Shigure-ness. SHE'S HERE!!!

Talking to his little flower was the bane his existence. She was eyeing out Tohru a little bit, then he saw her nostrils flare as if scenting.

Oh Kami! he pulled into his office with his back against the wall as sweat continued to fall.

He heard her talking to Tohru again, Haru and Momiji went off in search of Yuki and Kyo.

"He's in his study, here I'll show you." Tohru offered graciously.

"Oh there's no need." The stranger said. "I'll let myself right IN!" On the last word, Shigure's door burst open from a powerful blow delivered to his poor, poor door that had made it through the day.

Wood and paper splintered everywhere as Shigure zipped under his desk, trying to hide from the whirlwind that entered his room.

"Shigure!" He heard her snarl. "Remember me? Well I'm back, and I'm here for good!"

He felt a gentle hand grab his leg, and was flown across the room. Stars danced before his eyes, before eyes the exact same tone as his glared into them.

"Remember me? Remember what you did to me? You're so mean!" The girl in front of him roared, blue fire suddenly sparking up around her as Shigure shrunk to one hundredth of his size. "You and Aya- ooh when I get my hands on him- and Hatori! Remember? When I slept, the writings on my face!?"

Shigure remembered and grinned nervously. "It was funny."

"Let's see how funny when it happens to you!" A black pen was pulled from it's sheath. Shigure stare with horror at the words "PERMANENT" written on the side as the tip came down to lay it's inky mark.

"NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"
***********

Kyo, Yuki, Tohru, Haru, and Momiji sat at the three open ends of the table. Yuki at the end, Kyo and Haru on his left, and Tohru and Momiji on his right. They stared at the head of the table where Shigure and the strange woman sat.

Shigure's face looked somewhat different. His beautiful face with such lovely skin was marked with black ink marks that were in swirls around his cheeks, circles that resembled glasses on his eyes, a mustache on his chin, really bad side burns on the side of his face, and the kanji sign for 'VENGEANCE" on this forehead.

He cleared his throat as the younger ones stared a his dismayed look and the grinning stranger. "This is-"

"GURE!?" Aya's voice shrieked as he realized what happened to his friend.

Hatori was next to him his eyes locked on the girl Shigure was about to introduce. The doctor had a puzzled look on his face that dawned into comprehension, and fell in surprise, shock, and fear.

Aya's golden gaze turned to the woman, his eyes blazing with fire as he said. "You!" He pointed his finger at her as fire burned around him in a rage. "You did this!" It wasn't a question as the stranger just shrugged. "Why!?" Aya said suddenly changing into drama. "Why ruin such a beautiful face? Why mar such loveliness with black ink!?"

The girl grinned, two fangs poking out from her lips. "Sugar deserved, Aya Love."

Aya paused as he paled with recognition. "Only one person called him Sugar, me Darling, and Tori-"

"Songbird?" the girl finished with a smile.

"It is you!" Aya's eyes widened as he made to flee, but Hatori grabbed his elegant robe as it trailed by.

Yuki was instantly interested. Who was this woman who made his brother run so? He had to know now.

"She's home." Shigure said. "And from what I've heard it's for awhile.

"And she's not little anymore, Shigure." Hatori noted appreciatively. "I sense her violent streak is semi there, yet not as much as it was before."

"Anger Management." The girl said proudly. "I took it for years, and my mentor thinks I'm better."

"Good for you." Hatori said with congratulations.

Kyo was tired of the small talk and fairly snarled, "Will you hurry up and introduce her? I DO have better things to do!"

Shigure sweat dropped. "I'm sure." He muttered under a nervous smile. Then louder he said, "This is your cousin Efaila."

"Efaila?" Kyo asked. "Is she of your generation?"

Shigure, Aya, and Hatori blushed, avoiding the answer as the woman smiled at them.

"I am of their generation," Efaila answered graciously. "But they're evil, and don't deserve to be in my generation."
Yuki nodded. "Yeah, they can be pretty stupid."

Tohru shook her head, clearing it. "Wha! You must come over more often! But where did you come from? I've never heard of a Sohma named Efaila before."

Efaila's smile widened. "That's because I wasn't raised by the Sohma's. You see, I'm a special Sohma, so I was raised away from the family to be tested. I know all about you though, Tohru Honda." Efaila's smiled turned warm. "And I want to thank you for being their for Nekyo and Neyuki."

Kyo and Yuki's jaw dropped as Shigure, Aya, and Hatori burst into laughter. Momiji and Haru tilted their heads in puzzlement as Tohru smiled with a blushing thank you.

But it was Efaila who smiled like the cat that got the cream. She had plenty of plans for her cousins and their little friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Okay, I'll tell you why Shigure is Sugar, Aya is Love, and Hatori is Songbird. . .

Another day.

And who is Efaila? What was she tested for? What was she planning? Hmmm. . .

All of this, and more on the next Furuba Secrets!