Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed in Fear ❯ Stranger ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Heehee, first time writing a fanfic...ever. ((Please R&R!!))
I don't own any of the Fruits Basket charachets -sob!- But the girl they find is my OC, but you won't learn her name until later, ^__^.
this is a story about a girl ((my OC)) thrown into the lives of the Sohma's, but she shares a secret that's tied with the Sohma's and her forgotten past. Um... no shonen-ai or yaoi, but lots of fluff later on in the story, if you like this first chapter of coures, heh. Oh, and its only rated because of langauge too.

PLEASE NOTE: I've only read up to the third book and haven't seen the fourth DVD yet, so this takes place just before they all start school together ((all being Yuki, Kyo, Tohru, HatsuHaru, and Momiji by the way.)) I'll get the fourth DVD soon, so the story will definetly pick up after a bit, ^__^. Also, the format for this thing might be REALLY messed up, and I'm really sorry if it is, but I can't change it! ((I've tried a billion times...-_-))


Chapter 1- Stranger

2nd PERSON POV
Tohru Honda was always the first up in a house of four, consisting of herself, Shigure, Kyo, and Yuki Sohma. Thirteen members of the Sohma family were cursed, each with a Chinese Zodiac animal, including the cat. Shigure was the dog, Yuki was the rat, and Kyo was the cat. Tohru wasn't cursed, she was just, more or less, permanetly staying at the Sohma house in exchange for caring for them. Caring meaning cooking, cleaning, shopping, and all that. She was always the first up to start breakfast and get the paper.

But today started out a little different.

"Mm, the smells heavenly Tohru-san!" remarked Shigure as he stepped into the kitchen.

"Good morning!" Tohru greeted, "Are Kyo-kun and Yuki-kun not up yet?"

"Yuki-kun's in the bath, but Kyo-kun seems to be sleeping in today. Probably just the rain, even though its just a drizzle. You know how he gets when it rains..." Shigure's voice grew quiter as he moved away from her. "Tohru, have you seen the paper?"

"Oh no!" exclaimed a suddenly frantic Tohru, "I'm sorry Shigure-kun, I'll go get it right now!"

"No need to-" he started, but she was already out the door.


SHIGURE POV
'She really is sweet.' I thought to myself as I moved towards the front door to retreive the paper from Tohru-san. Yuki-kun intercepted me though. "Oh, good morning Yuki-kun."

"Morning." he replied shortly before moving into the kitchen.

'Mm... he hasn't been very talkative lately. Actually no one has. Oh were is Aaya when I need him?' I thought to myself half- joking.

"Where's Honda-san?" asked Yuki-kun from the kitchen.

"Getting the paper." Then I thought to myself, 'Though... she should be back by now... it's just a paper...' I walked towards the front door and found her standing with her back turned to me. "Tohru-san?" I ventured, but she didn't move. 'Is something out there?' I moved closer to look over her shoulder and found what she was staring at.

A girl, laying face down in a puddle of blood. Blood was everywhere and the girl looked hurt. Her hair was filthy and matted to the point where I couldn't decide what color it was. Her clothes were torn and ragged and also way too filthy to be on a person. One of her arms was bent the wrong way, but every thing else seemed to be fine.

I looked over at Tohru, but she was just standing there, wide-eyed and in shock. I had to see if that girl was alright before I could worry about Tohru- san though. "Yuki-kun! I need your help! It's Tohru-san!" I knew that would bring him.

"What's wrong?!" demanded Yuki-kun as he came running in.

"I need you to get Tohru-san for me, I think she's a little scared."

"Of what?" he asked moving towards me. When he saw the girl, he stopped asking quesions. He lightly grabbed Tohru-san's arm and moved her away from the door. Her legs seemed to move on her own, for she just kept staring straight ahead in a dull sense of shock.

I ran over to the girl, forgetting my shoes, and tried to find a pulse. It was faint, but she did have one. I looked her over, afraid to move her. I didn't know what type of injury she had, but I knew she had bled way too much. I looked up as Yuki-kun came running out.

"I sat Honda-san down near the table and layed out a blanket to put the girl on if she's still alive." he told me, "She is alive...right?"

"Yes, but just barely." I told him. "We should tie her wound, just in case she's still bleeding. Flip her over, gently, will you?" I asked Yuki-kun as I slipped off the jacket that was hanging loosely on my shoulders. The brisk morning air nipped at the part of my chest that was now uncovered, but I didn't pay attention to it. Yuki-kun gently held her back up while I slipped the jacket under her. When Yuki-kun had layed her back down, I tied a tight knot over the wound, then slipped my arms under her. One arm under the bends of her legs and the other supporting her back, Yuki-kun made sure I had a clear way through to the living room, where Tohru-san was still sitting, shell-shocked.

"Yuki-kun, go and call Haa-san! Quickly!" I told him. She needed medical treatment as soon as possible.

YUKI POV
My hands were shaking slightly as I picked up the phone. The sight of the girl laying there on the ground had really stunned Honda-san. What was with that girl anyways? She was filthy and bloody... where had she come from? How did she find this house, as deep in the woods as it was? Nothing made sense, and I was concerned for Honda-san. Thankfully Shigure seemed to have a level- head, and was telling me what I should do.

I finally got a hold of Hatori, the Sohma family doctor, but it would still take him awhile to get here since it was so foggy and the roads were dangerous. I put my hand on my forehead, trying to calm down and think of what I should do to help Honda-san.

"Hey, you still asleep?"

My aggravation aroused at hearing the sound of that baka neko's voice.

"Does it look like I'm asleep to you?" I said coldly.

"Well yeah, that's why I asked dumbass!" he snapped back at me before moving into the living room.

I shook my head, what a stupid remark. I should of said something else to that fool. My thoughts were interrupted as I heard him yell.

"What the hell?!"

"Calm down Kyo-kun! Tohru-san's just in shock!" I heard Shigure tell him.

"Well ok! But what about the girl who's.... is she even alive?!"

I rolled my eyes as Shigure told Kyo what happened. If he could just wake up at a sensible time in the morning, this wouldn't be a problem. I shook my head and moved back into the living room.

"Kyo-kun, stop shouting and go make some tea for Tohru-san why don't you?" Shigure suggested.

"Yeah fine." he grumbled as he moved to the kitchen.

I kneeled in front of Honda-san and tried to look her in the eye, but her eye's were unfocused, staring at nothing. I waved my hand in front of her face slowly, trying to get her to come back to reality. It only suprised me slightly that she was in this state. She probably thought the girl was dead, and death reminded her painfully of mother.

I looked up as I heard footsteps, but it was Hatori, not Kyo, coming into the room. He knelt first in front of Honda-san and looked her over. He snapped his fingers in front of her eyes, then took her chin in his hand and tilted her head to the side. I was suprised when Honda-san's eyes stayed on his face.

Hatori stood up slowly, "She'll be fine, just talk to her and tell her that the girl will be fine."

"Will she?" I asked.

"Shigure, help me move the girl into a more private area." he said, ignoring my question.

Kyo came in with the tea as Shigure and Hatori gently moved the girl into the closest room, Kyo's.

"Why the hell does she gotta stay in my room?!" he demanded loudly.

"Shut up and sit down, baka neko." I told him coldly as Shigure came back in the room.

"Haa-san said the examination will take awhile, and that we should concentrate on getting Tohru-san back to us."

KYO'S POV
'Just 'cuz the injured chick is staying in my room doesn't mean I'm sharing a room with that kuso nezumi!' I thought to myself furiously. Today was such a bad day! It just had to be raining didn't it? Then, Tohru had to space out at the sight of that girl and make us all worry for her! Not to say that I am though.

That kuso nezumi was staring Tohru in the eye and telling her the girl would be alright. 'How stupid! Like he knows if that girl's gonna be alright or not! She could be dead right now and he's sitting there lying right to her face!'

I walked to the other side of Tohru and elbowed Yuki out of the way. He didn't protest since he didn't seem to be helping anyways, he just huffed and sat crossed-legged on her other side. I bent down and stared her in the eye, trying to figure out what the hell was the matter. I frowned and patted her face gently, "Hey! Hey Tohru! Earth to Tohru!"

Yuki suddenly stood up, "I don't think that's helping, baka neko."

Suddenly infuriated I stood up too, "You gotta better idea?! 'Cuz this is all I can think to do!"

"What a shock it must be for you to actually think."

"Please don't break my house..." Shigure sighed as he sat down. His voice went unheard though.

"Kuso nezumi! I'm gonna break your pretty boy face!"

"Oh wait, I think I know this one..."

"That's it!! You're going down!!" I lunged at him, careful not to kick Tohru as I suddenly sprang forward.

"Please don't fight!"

And suddenly I felt someone grab me, and I was a cat after a small POOF.





Hee, thats it! If you like it and review I'll post a second chapter. I PROMISE it gets better! I'll even leave you a spoiler, ~_^

SPOILER: "Wait...come to think of it.... why didn't Shigure transform when he picked her up?"


Thats it though, but I promise its gonna be good! I've looked through most of the Fruits Basket FanFics, and my an original, heehee ^__^!