Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Sir Yuki's Story ❯ meeting our knight in shining armor... right~ ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sir Yuki's Tale

Once upon a time, in a far away land, there was a kingdom where all people lived in harmony. At the kingdom a beautiful palace was standing with gardens filled with blossomed flowers and fountains that sprinkled water so clean, you imagine the people took the water from the mountain spring. Not only the outside, but also the inside of the castle filled with many treasures and comfort. Beautiful ladies cleaned the palace and courageous knights guarded the halls and doors. Maidens and servants filled the halls and rooms with freshly decorated flowers with a sweet aroma. On the walls, there were many paintings by magnificent artists that caught the eyes of many.
At the kingdom, there mere many celebrations and festivals through out the year. Many of the other kingdoms gave this kingdom a name, "Frumelot," which meant "Joyful Kingdom." At the celebration and festival, the tables were filled with great amount of food and drinks, and the aroma of all of it would fill the air and spread throughout the kingdom. Queens, kings, priests, bankers, common people, and everyone else enjoyed the festivities except one knight.
The knight's name was Yuki. He was respected, honored, and was well known by many people. Most of all, he was a good-looking gentleman. He was a knight that always thought of his kingdom and fought for honor, but he never enjoyed the festival. He has always been avoiding them by being excused and going to his room to read a novel or even paint. He was not only a great knight, but he had many talents. Some of his talents are writing literature, singing, playing instruments, and painting. He was smart and honored by all peoples in the kingdom. Everyone would only love to be with him at the festival, but he would never stay and always part to his room.
One night when the kingdom was celebrating Sir Yuki's birthday as well as his courageous act on defeating the evil wicked tribe, Ryumatsu, right after the honor parchment, Sir Yuki went off to his room. Watching Sir Yuki be dismissed, King Shigure, who was the king in the palace, was worried that Sir Yuki might have not been pleased with the celebration. So, as King Shigure dismissed his guards, he went to have a chat with Sir Yuki. The halls King Shigure walked in was lightened by candles that sat on the holders, which were hung on the walls. The lightened glow of the candles made King Shigure's tense body relax. King Shigure was a man at the age of twenty-two. He had black hair and black eyes that would sometimes make people shiver. He walked slowly, enjoying the peace and art inside the palace. Then he had reached a door that felt familiar to him. He knocked on the door and waited for a reply and as soon as heard a reply, he slowly opened the door.
Once King Shigure took a step into the room his eyes froze on Sir Yuki. Still sixteen, Sir Yuki had something, which made anyone feel mysterious. With his purple eyes it seem to be looking deep into something, and black hair like the dark sky made some feel different. Sir Yuki's room had candles that were lit and a huge window, which was open. From the window the lights from the celebration were seen, the music and laughter of the people celebrating were also heard. In the sky, a full moon was looking down at the kingdom. Sir Yuki was looking outside at the moon, which made him look more then just beautiful. The first to break the silence was the young knight.
"How do you do your majesty?" Sir Yuki said as he kneeled down to his king.
"No, no need to kneel or any informalities, just take a seat. I came here to have a talk with you," said King Shigure as he took a seat near the table.
"……" Sir Yuki just looked at the king with a query look.
"Don't worry, I'm not here to discuss any business or either am I here to discuss about work right now. Just make yourself comfortable." King Shigure smiled at the young knight.
'This is my room isn't it?' thought Sir Yuki, but he only smiled in return.
"well I came here to have a talk about something the people and myself had on our minds," said King Shigure, "Why does it seem you do not enjoy the celebration?"
"(Silence), Oh Well your majesty, it doesn't feel right…" Yuki started.
"Do not feel comfortable? What is the matter?" the king asked Sir Yuki with a worried expression.
"I do not feel that I fit in the crowd," answered Sir Yuki.
"Well…" Before the king could finish his sentence, someone had came into the room as fast as the speed of light. The person had silver hair and purple eyes and they dazzled wonderfully in the moonlight that hit him. The door slammed close. There was a silence, Sir Yuki looked at the person and gave a loud sigh.
"Oh, here you are my little brother! Oh, I was worried for a while because I couldn't find you anywhere then a nice servant (age 66) told me you went to your room so I came to see you!!!" with a high personality, the person got closer to Sir Yuki.
"Broth…" This person also cut off Sir Yuki's sentence.
"Oh, no need to be shy now!!! We came out from the same place! Oh I know you're excited to hear about my stories, but you must be patient my little brother! There is still time to talk!!!"
"Hold on!!!" Sir Yuki shouted.
"(Silence), Oh your majesty! I, Sir Ayame, have safely returned safely. How happy I am to see you doing so well!!!" sure enough it was Ayame, Yuki's 6 years older brother that has been off on an adventure for 4 years.
"Sir Ayame, I am also hapy to see you!" King Shigure held Sir Ayame's hand. Indeed the king and Sir Ayame were childhood friends. They have been on many adventures together and held the kingdom together. Even as they get older they are friends and trust each other.
"Oh Yuki, my little brother, no need to worry! I will never forget about you! I know you're happy to see me!!!"
"Brother, be quiet…" Sir Yuki said as he held himself from getting out of control.
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Sir Ayame just laughed out loud.
'Oh god, please get this idiotic 'thing' away from me' Sir Yuki thought as he held himself from almost wanting to push his brother out the window.
"So tell me about your adventures Sir Ayame," said King Shigure as he stood up.
"Sure I'll tell you of my tale. Well it all started like this…" Sir Ayame started, and as they talked, Sir Ayame and King Shigure left the room forgetting about Sir Yuki.
"Well I guess I'm suppose to be happy they left…" Sir Yuki said as he watched them shut the door.