Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Tenderness (Emotion) ❯ Emotion ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tenderness (Emotion)
- By Saffron-Butterfly
 
I don't own the song - Emotion by Destiny's Child.
 
I don't own Fruits Basket or the characters mentioned.
 
“It's over and done
But the heartache lives on inside
And who's the one you're clinging to
Instead of me tonight?”
 
Kagura Sohma sat on the wide sill of her window, which was over her large orange quilted bed. Her brown fringe soared over her eyes, blocking any chances of vision.
 
The minute Kyou dropped the bombshell; the distraught boar's heart broke. She had expected to hear it for sometime but she never imagined what it would have been like hearing it on that day.
 
Who was he holding at 11.35pm at this time, on this night? Can't you guess? Well it was Tohru… Honda Tohru, she was supposed to be her friend, and how did she repay her… by viciously attacking her very soul - taking her fiancée.
 
Where she had no one to hold this night. No one could imagine the pain she was feeling. Or could there have been someone? Yes there was someone, but could she speak to him? Would she be able to?
 
And where are you now, now that I need you?
Tears on my pillow, wherever you go
I'll cry me a river, that leads to your ocean
You'll never see me fall apart.
 
Sure he knew what it was like. To give someone your heart, to have it played with once by that special someone… then that special someone would have gotten bored - they would just give it back.
 
He had gotten so much… to get it thrown back, Kagura knew because she was there that day. That harsh and cold bitter day. He looked like he was going to cry but he held a brave face. So why… why was she crying? How could she not hold on in vain. What was his secret?
 
She couldn't become shriveled up inside, she couldn't wait until her hair turned gray - she had to know… she had to know - now! The time - what was the time? 11.45… okay she'd go now before sheded and unsheded tears held her back.
 
In the words of a broken heart
It's just emotion taking me over
Caught up in sorrow
Lost in the song
But if you don't come back
Come home to me darling
Don't you know there's nobody left in this world to hold me tight
Nobody left in this world to kiss goodnight
Goodnight, goodnight
 
So she jumped off the sill, hoping she never woke up her mother. Pressing her earlobe to the orange painted wall she heard not a sound from her mother's room. Kagura grabbed her jacked as she walked down the stairs, out the door and into the wilderness.
 
Making her way, Kagura was quite tired. She began to have her doubts. If she was tired, he was bound to be too. Could she chance maybe waking him up? One angelic voice said that she couldn't. One devilish voice said she must.
 
Agreeing, the second voice was right, Kagura found herself in his garden. No turning back now. She had come too far. The sorrow thundered in her heart as she recalled that night again. Maybe this other Sohma had a cure for a broken heart… just maybe.
 
I'm there at your side
I'm part of the things you are
But you've got a part of someone else
You've got to find your shining star.
 
Before she realized that she might have to deal with his parents, Kagura had pressed the bell on the wooden frame of his door. Cursing herself for doing so, the door then opened softly. As she heard muttering over who would be at his door at midnight.
 
Looking up Kagura found herself looking into two beautiful grayish black eyes.
“Kagura-nee?” His voice reached her in a faint whisper. It was then the boar realized that he was only in his boxers.
 
She had woken him up. She had also then knew that it was a bad idea coming. She sighed holding back those unshed tears.
“I'm sorry I'll come back later.” Kagura said as she turned to leave.
“Kagura-nee, you've come all this way… you'd better come in.” His voice, still calm but louder than the whisper it was in before.
 
And where are you now, now that I need you?
Tears on my pillow, wherever you go
I'll cry me a river, that leads to your ocean
You'll never see me fall apart.
 
Kagura couldn't object, her younger cousin had already pulled her in the house shutting and locking the door behind him.
“What's the matter?” A sense of concern. Only heard from talk about Kisa… there was a moment of silence.
 
She was unsure about telling him. What if it brought back painful memories?
“It's about that baka neko, isn't it, Kagura…” Not even a nickname. Now he was serious. He must have heard from Momiji at school about Kyou and Tohru. “I'll take that as a yes.” Kagura didn't know what gave that away but either way he knew the truth.
 
His eyes bore through her, she honestly felt insecure and abandoned. She really wanted to be invisible. Why did she bother to come? She found herself sitting on the sofa with the heat from his half-naked body transferring to her as she found the fifteen year old sitting next to her.
 
“Kagura… I know this is hard.” His voice echoed through the empty void in her now broken heart.
 
In the words of a broken heart
It's just emotion taking me over
Caught up in sorrow
Lost in the song
But if you don't come back
Come home to me darling
Don't you know there's nobody left in this world to hold me tight
Nobody left in this world to kiss goodnight
Goodnight, goodnight.
 
“You were the only one I thought I could talk to.” Kagura finally found the confidence to speak.
“Why is that?” He replied suddenly intrigued.
“Because of you and Rin-Chan.” She said looking down. She did see him start to tremble.
“How did you know?” her cousin, Hatsuharu asked. He looked quite shaken.
“I was there when she told you that she hated you and didn't love you anymore.” The boar struggled to tell the Ushi.
 
She didn't want to make him feel bad.
“I didn't know you were there.” Haru told her. She nodded.
“I was behind the door. I was bringing Rin-Chan some food.” Kagura said looking to the floor.
“I hope you didn't tell anyone.” Kagura shook her head, only other person that seemed to know was Shigure, and he was good at keeping secrets.
 
Haru saw that she was near to tears so he embraced her like only two cursed members could.
 
“Where are you now, now that I need you?
Tears on my pillow, wherever you go
I'll cry me a river, that leads to your ocean
You'll never see me fall apart.
 
She put her head on his shoulders.
“But you're the one in pain and that's something I can't handle seeing.” He replied soothingly in her ear making her eyes widen, which caused her tears to fall. He held her closer. She then blushed remembering that her little cousin was only in his underwear.
“Haru-kun… I'm sorry.” Kagura whispered on his smooth skin. Although she felt him shudder for a reason under her warm breath.
“What for?” Haru asked. Kagura could tell that was somehow hard to say.
“I'm being so selfish.” Kagura replied. “What? Of course your not.” Haru told her somewhat shocked of her thoughts over someone else.
 
Kagura snapped.
“OF COURSE I AM! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU THINK THAT I'M NO BEING SELFISH BECAUSE YOU ARE IN PAIN AND I'M MAKING YOU FEEL SORRY FOR ME!!” Kagura said pushing him away from her.
“YOU ARE NOT `MAKING' ME FEEL SORRY FOR YOU!” She had brought out Black Haru. B.Haru grabbed her upper arms. “I CARE ABOUT YOU, KAGURA.” That shocked her.
“What?” She asked suddenly the pain from her arms were gone.
“YOU HEARD ME!” B.Haru's voice was somewhat caring in that yell that Kagura thought that Haru was white again. Yet the grip on her arms and his sudden darkness did not confirm this.
 
She almost jumped out of her skin when Haru leaned towards her lips.
 
In the words of a broken heart
It's just emotion taking me over
Caught up in sorrow
Lost in the song
But if you don't come back
Come home to me darling
Don't you know there's nobody left in this world to hold me tight
Nobody left in this world to kiss goodnight
Goodnight, goodnight
 
When his lips touched hers, Kagura's heart then skipped a beat. Her eyes though where open before and for a short while after he had kissed her. Her eyes then closed when she moaned under the pressure of his lips.
 
When he drew back, slightly out of breath, Kagura was completely speechless. She didn't want yet knew what to say. She utterly felt tired and happy for a reason.
 
“I really do care for you.” Haru told her. “I love you.”