Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Falling Leaves ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Day in the Life of Shigure's House

Tohru bumbled about in the kitchen, humming a small tune. As usual, Yuki and Kyou stood outside yelling at each other. Yumi watched the pair from her post on the roof, smiling ot herself. Watching her brother and cousin brawl was beyond entertaining. She swung her legs, peering down as Kyou threw a punch, missed miserably, and was kicked across the yard by Yuki.

"Hey hey go easy!" she called to the nezumi. He looked up at her and scowled. She laughed as he called threats up to her. You gotta love big brothers.

"Yumi Sohma! You get down here or….or…" He faltered and headed inside, discouraged. Yumi felt a pang of guilt for her brother, but it immediately vanished as she spotted Kyou getting up from the ground. She completely ignored the ladder and leapt from the roof, landing neatly next to Kyou. She beamed up at him as he stood up shakily.

"Damn rat," he muttered, wiping blood from his mouth. He spit it on a neat pile. Yumi made a face, but grabbed his arm and tugged him inside, where the obvious scent of riceballs and miso soup drifted.

A chorus of "We thank you for this food" rose up before the sound of snapping chopsticks came through the house doors. Tohru chatted happily with Shigure about his most recent novel.

"It's a secret," he teased her, pointing his chopsticks at her accusingly, "You'll have to buy it like everyone else does." Yumi snorted into her miso, to Kyou's enjoyment. Yuki, ignoring both of them, started up a conversation with Tohru.

"So, how did you think you did on the exam?" He munched on a riceball, awaiting the answer. Tohru beamed and placed her chopsticks down.

"I think I did well. Thanks for helping me study. I was wondering…" she blushed, "if you could help me study again later today?" Yumi and Kyou exchanged looks before snorting. As Tohru cleaned up the dishes and plates, Kyou and Yumi snuck off into the forest.

"Can you help me study?" Yumi mimicked in Tohru's high voice, "Honestly. She's just asking for attention from him. Such a suck up." Kyou laughed heartily and patted Yumi on the back.

"You know they dig each other. How Tohru touches his shoulder when she understands. How Yuki's gaze never drops from her figure." Kyo snickered lightly,

"How he silently wishes all this was happening while they were naked." Yumi burst out laughing, supporting herself on Kyo's shoulder. The two neko's headed out in the middle of the forest, their merry laughter making Shigure snicker in his study.

"Intertwined felines."

As soon as they were sure they were lost, Kyou wrappe dhis arms around Yumi and swung her as if they were in a very strange tango dance. He leaned down and kissed her passionatly. Yumi held herself up by reaching up and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him back just as well. He parted slowly and kissed her forehead.
"Missed doing this to you." He whispered, laying her on the ground and seating himself next to her. She looked up at him with a sarcastic grin and reached up to tweak a small piece of orange hiar from his crimson eyes.

"I have too Kyou," she answered calmly but happily. Kyou traced small circles on her stomach where her shirt lifted, exposing fair, fragile skin. She giggled and squirmed around, his hands warm against her cold skin. He grinned and lay next to her, his arm across her stomach, gazing at her fondly.

"Yuki would kill me if he found out." He leaned and kissed her cheek softly. She sighed happily, her eyelids fluttering and on the brink of falling asleep. She turned to meet his gaze, their noses barely touching. She leaned forwards and kissed the tip of his nose, wrapping her arms around him and curling up in his arms. Leaves started to fall from the trees as fall approached, daintily falling on the two cats as they lay curled up together in the morning sun.