Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The New Prince ❯ Alone In The Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The New Prince
- By Saffron-Butterfly
 
The young girl looked up from her knees. Her tears fell down her cheeks tenderly as the girl's light brown hair got dirty from the muck on the ground. Her greenish brown eyes were seeing in a blur. She rubbed tears from her eyes as she looked at everything, including her clothes, get soaked by the sudden outburst of rain.
 
After all that had happened, Yuki choose Tohru, the rest of the fangirls took the decision of wanting to break them up, she declined, if Yuki was happy then why couldn't they be? Then they threw her out of the fan group. She still loved Yuki like they did but she didn't want to hurt him.
 
Rika rubbed more tears away. Her mind was strangely blank. Her friends were all gone. She could not believe it. She felt so bad… it was weird. She felt like she was alone… no one could help her.
 
His pallid eyes looked to the ground, if it was the truth that he was thinking then he would have confessed that he got lost on the way home from school. He looked at each stone, not caring. He didn't know if he would find his way home. Looking back up after he heard sobbing he spotted Rika.
“Miss, Miss are you alright?” He asked running over to her. He held her by the shoulders hoping she would look up at him and confirm.
 
Rika didn't want to show it was her because she didn't want to show she was crying. She peered up through her fringe.
“Yes… yes I'm fine.” She muttered. Haru looked down at her. He knew that voice. It was Aida Rika, one of Yuki's crazy fangirls.
“Aida Rika?” He asked.
 
Oh no… great. Sohma Hatsuharu - he was from the year below her. Yuki's cousin. Looking down to her shirt expecting to find her Yuki's fan club emblem badge, where there was only a rip mark, it looked like someone ripped it out with force. She really was a wreck.
“Konichiwa.” She said half heartedly with one eye closed. Haru raised an eyebrow confused at her.
 
Yuki was dating Tohru, which was probably the reason why she was crying - how could she be so selfish? Haru wondered still looking at the girl who tried to get up though her try was stopped because of his grip on her shoulders.
“Excuse me, Sohma-Chan. I can't get up.” Rika said to him. She was starting to get a little frightened because he was starting to hurt her.
 
Author's Note: I know some might not like Rika/Haru but I'm only experimenting with different pairings at the moment.