Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ The Note ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
4

“This guy told me to give you this not.”

Tohru took the note and the girl walked away.

“Um…” Tohru looked at the note. It had her name on it with the same hand writing that the other one had.

“Well open it.” Kyo said.

“Yes.” Tohru said a little loudly. She had forgotten Kyo was there. Tohru unfolded the paper and read it.

Dear Tohru-chan,

I’m Sorry I didn’t meet you by the tree. I was so afraid of what you really think about me and I was afraid that you would reject me. I know that you may reject me. I’d like to meet you at the end of the day by the drinking fountain on the 2nd floor by class 2-A. If you don’t like me or feel the same way that I do, I can accept that now. Please tell me what you think. I really do care about you.

See You

Tohru stared at the note. It said that he could accept that she didn’t like him but what if he was just saying that? What if it crushed him? She really didn’t want to make anyone sad or uncomfortable.

“Well.” Kyo said a little annoyed.

“Oh! I’m sorry. He wants to meet me today.” Tohru said.

“What?! After he stands you up he asks you to meet him again.” Kyo yelled.

“Oh. But that was alright I didn’t mind.” Tohru said.

“No, it’s not alright!” Kyo said. The bell rang. “C’mon. Let’s just get to class.” They headed for classroom 3-D and sat down.

* * * * * * * *

At lunch Tohru, Yuki, Kyo, Hana, and Uo sat under a tree on the school lawn.

“So you gat another note from this mystery man.” Uo said.

“Yes.” Tohru answered.

“And it said that he wanted to meet you again. I can’t believe this guy. He stands you up and then tells you to meet him again. Who does he think he is?” Uo said getting pumped up.

“ Oh, but it would be rude to not go and meet him.” Tohru insisted.

‘Idiot! He stood you up. You should have the rights to stand him up.’
Kyo thought.
‘You don’t deserve to wait.’
Kyo paused. ‘You don’t deserve to wait…You don’t deserve to wait. I need to tell her. Today.’ Kyo made up his mind. He was going to do it. For real. Today.

“To-.” Kyo began to say but the bell rang and cut him off. Nobody noticed that he started to say something anyway. ‘Oh well. After class.’ Kyo thought.

The group walked into the classroom.

* * * * * * * *

It was 15 minutes until school was over and Tohru went to meet this guy. Tohru was nervous but also confused this time.

‘I’m so nervous. I don’t want to hurt him, but I don’t think I’m ready. But maybe I can become ready if I give him a try. I think I can But what is this feeling that I’m feeling? I feel odd when I think about us dating. Why do I feel like I’m losing something?’
Tohru thought. Tohru kept thinking about this until the bell rang. She got up and headed to the drinking fountain on the 2nd floor.

* * * * * * * *

The bell rang. Kyo shot up, trying to get Tohru before she went to the guy. What if she did accept him? She would be taken away from him. Kyo quickly slipped between the people when he was roughly grabbed by the shoulder and thrown violently to the ground.

“What the--” Kyo started to say.

“Kyo. You can clean the room. Thanks for volunteering.” Sensei said.

“I’m busy. Didn’t you see me trying to get out?!” Kyo got up off the floor.

“Yea. That’s why you get to clean the room.” Sensei turned around.

“Damn Sensei.” Kyo muttered.

“Now, now. Let’s not talk like that. I’m ready to dye your hair black at anytime.” She pulled out the dying kit and Kyo went to get the cleaning supplies.

* * * * * * * *

Tohru was slowly making her way up the staircase. She wasn’t sure what she should do. Yuki had said that she didn’t need to go out with this guy if she wasn’t ready, but could she really break somebody’s heart like that? Tohru sighed and mounted onto the second floor. She turned the corner and saw the back of the boy who wrote the note. Her hear started pounding now. She stepped forward and the boy turned around…

* * * * * * * *

Kyo was frantically cleaning the room. He didn’t even care if he was doing a thorough job. Nobody was around. ‘I have to hurry. What if she’s talking to him right now?’ (A/N: Actually Kyo, she is talking to him right now ~.~) What if she decided to date him? Tohru would be gone from him. The only good thing in his life, except Shishou, would be taken from him. At this he doubled his speed, racing around the room.

* * * * * * * *

While all this was happening, Shigure was singing his perverted song.

“High school girls, high school girls, all for me, high school girls. Haha!”

“You rang.” Ayame stepped out from be behind the door.

“What the--” Shigure said.

* * * * * * * *

Back to Kyo.

Kyo finally finished cleaning. He threw down the broom and grabbed his bag and started sprinting down the hall way with one thing in mind. ‘I have to tell her!’

He rounded the corner and started to climb the stairs when he almost ran into Tohru coming down the stairs. Almost

“Oh! Kyo-kun. You surprised me.” Tohru said.

“Tohru, before you see…that guy…you need to know…one thing.” Kyo gasped, he was out of breath.

“But--”

“No. You need…to know…that…I LOVE YOU!” Kyo finally got it out. “I’ve felt this way for some time but I was afraid at what you would think. So, please, before you say anything to this guy, can you please consider me?” There, he said it…HE SAID IT! He couldn’t believe he admitted it. He beat the Rat. He beat the k’so nezumi!

“Umm, I already talked with him.” Tohru said.

“Kyo stared at her. He lost. Maybe not to the Rat but to somebody who has never known Tohru.

“So you’re dating.” Kyo said.

“Oh no!”

“What? He doesn’t like you?” Kyo was confused now.

“No. I just said that I couldn’t date him.” Tohru explained. She didn’t like to say that, that she kind of hurt him but she now understood something.

“Huh?” Kyo was lost. She actually turned him down?

“Kyo-kun I told him that I didn’t feel right about the two of us dating. And now I know why.” She leaned forward and kissed Kyo on the lips. A light peck. “I didn’t feel right because it meant that I couldn’t be with you. I…love you too.” She finished and Kyo noticed that she was blushing furiously. He smiled. She did like him. Heck, she loved him. He did beat the Rat.

Kyo leaned forward and pulled Tohru’s bag in front of her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Thank you.” He said and held her.