Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Tohru's Wish ❯ Wish Granted ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters *wahh * so please don't sue me.

Tohru's Wish

"Tohru…Tohru… TOHRU!" Tohru drifted towards the voice.

"Okaa-san…" she sighed. She knew that this must be a dream but nonetheless she pretended that her mother was still alive. Her eyes filled with tears as she embraced he mother. It felt so real. Tohru breathed in the comforting smell.

"Tohru," her mother began, "I've been watching over and you and I cannot measure the pride I have in my daughter. I never knew that my little girl grew up to be so wise. Kami-sama knows how hard you've been working and decided to grant you a wish. I know you'll use it wisely." She continued to stroke her daughter's hair, savoring the time she was granted with her daughter. With a mixture of sadness and peace she lulled Tohru back to a dreamless sleep.

Honda Tohru awoke the next morning with tears in her eyes and a gentle smile of her face. She turned to the ever-present picture of the mother.

"Ohayo okaa-san," she whispered, remembering her dream. She wondered if the wish part was really true but decided that Kami-sama would surely punish her if she asked for more. Besides, she had everything she needed and wanted. Tohru cheerfully got dressed and went downstairs to make breakfast.

From the pitiful expressions on the three Sohma's faces (well, at least Shigure's) and the rumbles coming from their stomachs she realized that she had overslept.

"Ara! Gomen nasai!!" yelped Tohru and rushed into the kitchen to cook. By the time she was done Kyou looked like he was going to start gnawing on the table (or Yuki's head) but that's beside the point. Soon the three teens headed off to school and Shigure shut himself in his office to finish the manuscript his manager was waiting for. Actually, that's what his manager thought he was doing but knowing Shigure…anyways, back to the plot.

It was a typical day at school. Kyou picking a fight with Yuki (or at least trying to), Kyou trying to avoid a fight with Uo-chan (remembering vividly the incident when the girls slept over), and the rest of the group chatting. Tohru stated to space out, caught up in her thoughts, thinking about the "big secret."

*I wish that Kyou and Yuki would be able to know how it would be like without the mouse vs. cat feud hanging over their heads, * Tohru thought wistfully to.

Then, there was a bolt of lighting and Tohru promptly fainted. Startled, her friends just sat there thinking that she just fell out of her chair. After realizing she was not getting up they rushed her to the school nurse.

Tohru slowly opened her eyes only to discover four blobs really close to her face.

She did what any other sensible person would do. She screamed. As they jumped back, Tohru, recognizing the `blobs,' began to apologize profusely.

"It's all you fault baka-neko," growled Yuki.

"How could it be my fault kuso nezumi!" yelled Kyou back.

*So much for my wish, * thought Tohru with a sweatdrop. What she didn't know

was that Kami-sama answered her wish in an unexpected way (He often does that, ne?). He decided to grant Yuki and Kyou the privilege to live as "normal" people, as Tohru is soon to find out.