Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Tohru's Wish ❯ Surprise! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Tohru was sitting in her room doing her homework. It was one the few times she had the house to herself. Kyou was staying with his master for the weekend, Shigure was at the main house visiting Hatori, and Yuki was at a school meeting and was attending the after party. She was concentrating on her homework when she heard somebody enter the house. Curious, she got up to see who came home. Tohru realized that the person was stumbling down the hall singing. Giggling to herself, she tip-toed to her door only to come face to face with Yuki! Tohru froze, shocked as Yuki stared at her with a goofy smile on his face. She realized that Yuki that was drunk as the oder of sake wafted up her nose.
* Must have been some after party for Yuki to get drunk this early * thought Tohru. *Hmmmm, he doesn't seem to be that drunk. I'll just guide him to his room so he can sleep it off * Tohru concluded after she got over her shock. What she didn't know was that Yuki was a lot more drunk than he showed. After a couple of staring, Yuki started to wobble and pitched forward- straight into Tohru's arms.
"AHHHH! Yuki-kun are you alright!" cried a panicked Tohru. What she discovered next made her almost drop Yuki.
"Yuki-kun didn't change! Why didn't you change! You're supposed to change!" ranted Tohru for about five minutes. After realizing that Yuki wasn't going to answer her anytime soon, she pondered what to do. Since he was a lot heavier than he looked, she decided to deposit him on her bed instead of dragging him to his room. Struggling, with no help from Yuki, she couldn't help but wish that he would transform into a mouse. With all her maneuvering she didn't realize the position they were in. Yuki sighed and muttered
"So soft..." as he lolled his head against Tohru's chest. This time she did drop him. After going from ten shades of red to only five, she finally was able to move him onto her bed.
* Kami-sama, what's going on? * thought Tohru to herself.
* Well, you did ask for it...* Kami-sama answered back causing Tohru to freak out again. When the voice didn't come back, she decided to go study in the living room. After finishing, she glanced at the clock, surprised that time had passed by so fast.
*Hmmm, Shigure-san hasn't come back yet. * As she was thinking that, the phone rang. Shigure had decided to that he would stay overnight and that he would see her tomarrow. Shigure told her not to worry since Yuki would be there. Not wanting Shigure to worry, she didn't say anything about Yuki's "condition." Tohru decided to make a late-night snack and take it to Yuki.
Yuki groaned and idly wondered why his bed was so soft and smelled so good. He decided to look for Tohru and attempted to get out bed. Forcing his heavy eyes he attempted to roll over, only to roll right off the bed.
When Tohru heard the * thump* she rushed upstairs alarmed. She burst into her room to find Yuki lying dazed on the floor.
"Tohru-chan, whaz goin' on?" Yuki questioned.
"Ummm, why don't we get you back on the bed," answered Tohru hastily, blushing.
* Why is it that he has to be drunk to finally call me by my name, * she sighed mentally. Once again, our heroine is faced with the daunting task of putting Yuki back onto the bed.