Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ What Comes in a Journal ❯ Leek Soup ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AN: standard disclaimers... yatta yatta...

***

"He's lost a lot of blood, you're lucky that you called me when you did. I understand that there's a school field trip coming up?"

I slammed my head on the kitchen table that we were seated at, Hatori had finished bandaging Yuki, and was now sitting here with me, Tohru, and Shigure.

The school field trip... The student council had worked hard on planning and reserving a two week long vacation to students with high grades. Torhu's been looking forward to it for so long, she deserves to be able to go! Plus that, and Shigure was signed up to go as adult supervision... Like he was the best choice... but he had been just as excited as Tohru about the vacation. Looking down at my hands, I pause to think. Well... I was never looking forward to going...

Torhu had been talking while I had been thinking. "I'll just stay behind, after all, it's more important that Yuki gets better!"

Tohru, of course, was beaming like usual, but I could see disappointment in those large eyes of hers.

"I'll stay here, I didn't want to go anyways." And I'm worried about him, I finish the sentance in my head.

Shigure sputters and Tohru watches me with wide eyes, not expecting this, and Hatori is watching me like he knows what I'm thinking. I glare at him and turn my head to look out the window.

"Very well, I'll write you a list of things to watch out for and of course you know the number where to reach me. If he begans to show any signs of being agitated, or he hasn't come round in three days, I want you to call me immediately."

I nod and he gets up to find paper and a pen.

"Kyo? Are you feeling well?"

I glare at Shigure, "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Shigure seems at a loss of words for once and turns to Tohru for help, "Well," she starts slowly, "you hate Yuki... why do you want to help him?"

"You're not plotting his murder are you?!"

At this point Hatori walks back in the room and actually comes to my rescue, "Of course he's not, you two wanted to go on the trip very badly, he's acting responsible for once." I never said I wanted his rescue, however.

He sets the list in front of me and leaves.

Short and to the point, that's Hatori for you. Shigure gets up and races out, obviously wanted to pester the dragon some more. Tohru mumbles something about making sure there's enough food before she leaves and practically runs to the kitchen.

Leaving me alone to look down at the list.

Make sure he stays warm. Okay, can deal with that, we've got plenty of blankets.

Be sure that he's eating, and keeping the food down. Alright... sounds fine to me... I hope they leave money for me to go shopping....

Keep him in bed for at least five days, but don't resort to violent means. Gods, he just had to throw that in there somewhere, didn't he?

Check on his bandages often, if they show signs of leaking blood, change them. Okay...

Also check his stitches regularly, if they show signs of breaking, apply pressure to them and call me immediately! That sounds fine....

Make him Leek Soup. What?!? I don't want to mess with that goddamn...

The outside door is slammed shut as Hatori leaves, evidently Shigure finished tormenting him and he had left. Damn.

I hate leeks... I'm not touching any leeks.

I get up from the table and go to the kitchen to ask Tohru if we have a nice supply of leeks.

***

AN: Yeah... not much that chapter... but I had to end it there... XD.

Jinx Saru (just because your review amused me XD) - I went a year because... I forgot about this story. I had it saved on my computer, but had to switch computers, in the switch the story was lost, and I forgot about my MM account even! About the POV shifts, to explain it, the point of veiw only shifted to Yuki for one chapter, and started out with his POV. That will probably be the only POV from him, since I wanted to show how he was feeling as he was cutting.