Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ 20 Views of Alchemy ❯ Beach ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Fullmetal Alchemist or any of the characters for that matter. I am just merely...er, borrowing them as my muses at the moment. Do not sue me for anything but my imagination, which will not get you far in the courtroom. If there are any similarities between my story and another, I apologize but all I have to say is, I guess great minds think alike after all. Ja na! Enjoy!
 
20 Views of Alchemy
Author: Tiasha
Title: Beach
Word Count: 269
 
WARNING: Slight Spoilers Ahead for the End of the Series and the Movie!!! You have been forewarned!
 
---
 
 
A small smile touched his lips as he listened to the lull of the sea before him, the waves gently crashing against the coarse grains of sand that littered the shore. Various shells strewed the vast expanse of beach and in the distance, he could see his younger brother and the gypsy dart in and out of the waves. The heaviness that had found a permanent home around his heart had left for the time being, allowing him to enjoy the peaceful moment.
He rarely had a moment's peace it seemed like, worrying about his brother and making sure their new companion was being treated respectfully. So much to do…and now that there was a possibility of another war starting? No, there would be very little time for relaxation.
“Nii-san! Look!” he heard his brother's cry and Edward Elric turned his gaze in the direction his younger brother was pointing in. On the horizon of the sea, one could see the otters eating their meals of clams and oysters. There was nothing really new and phenomenal about that. But the numerous dolphins breaching the crystal blue waves and making their way across the vast ocean was.
A smile touched his lips and he heard his two companions race over to him, stumbling to a halt in the loose sand and talking excitedly about how this sighting was so rare and the like. Yes, it was rare, that he had to agree.
Feeling this at peace on the beach was rare indeed…especially since he knew what would happen on this beach of Normandy in only a few short decades to come.
 
---
AN: Okay, I kinda did my own little thing there. I figured since Ed still knew about alchemy and all that thanks to the Gate, then why couldn't the Gate have shown him glimpses of the future? And I honestly have no idea what sea creatures would be on that particular beach. ^__^