Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ A Long Way To Go ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Geh.

I DO NOT own FMA... although I wish I owned Ed and Envy... mwhahaha... who knows what kind of destruction one can cause with those two by their side... pounders

Oh well... Here's the last chapter.

Ed's breath hitched. He stayed still. fearing that if he made but a single move, that figure would go away. Envy looked behind him at Lust and the figure.

"You said he couldn't talk!" the homunculus shouted. Lust shrugged, her eyes wide with fear. It's not every day you see one of the most ruthless killers shudder in fear. Ed was lost for words. He didn't want to believe that he was here, that is father was controlling the homunculi, or that the hooded figure just called him 'Nii-san'. Ed closed his eyes. Roy.. please, save me... the blond desprately thought.

Envy walked over to Lust. "Oi, Chibi-san." Ed opened his eyes. Envy got the most horrible grin on his pale face. "Here's the surprise that bastard was talking about." Envy pulled down the hood. Ed's eyes widened and filled with tears.

"ALPHONSE!"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Colonel had told the men their orders: they were to find the Fullmetal Alchemist, bring him back to Head Quarters, and kill the man that took him.

"Do you know where they might be?" Alew Louis Armstrong asked, standing behind the Colonel.

"Not really." Roy answered. "But I have an idea..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxx

"ENVY!" Hohenheim's voice rang out. "What the hell are you doing? Get you're fake asses in here so we can get this over with!" He sounded pissed. Envy's sadistic smile faded and became a glare, then his face became blank. Lust looked between Envy and the door that Hohenheim's voice came though before pulling up Alphonse's hood, and linking arms with him once again. Lust began to walk toward the door, Gluttony not far behind her. Envy watched them leave; Ed watched Envy.

Before the blond could say anything, Envy stepped up to Edward, and stomped a foot on Ed's side, making him gasp in pain. Envy bent down, a foot still on the teens side, and looked into Ed's eyes.

"Oi. Chibi-san. I'll make a deal with you..."

"Now listen here boy." Hohenheim spat at Edward. "You are to do as I say and only one person will lose their live so that four more can gain lives."

Ed looked up at the man standing beside him. "You mean...?" His eyes traveled to Alphonse who was still hooded.

"Yeah. He's just barely living. He's blind ya know. Can't see a damn thing. But you can change that, and all you have to do is lie in the middle of that there circle." Hohenheim pointed to the fansy and well-drawn circle on the floor.

"Why... are you helping them!" Ed shouted up at his 'father'. "And what the hell did you do with the REAL Alphonse!" Ed was furious. Everyone could see it, Gluttony had even taken to hidding behind Lust and Alphonse, occasionally peaking his head out to see what was happening. Hohenheim laughed.

"That is the real Alphonse!"

Ed glared hell at him. "The Al I know was killed before my eyes!"

"The one you thought was killed was really him!" Hohenheim pointed at Envy, who's face was still blank, trying to mask the anger and fury behind it. "Envy here transformed into your hollow shell of a brother. Then, oh no! You don't remember what happened next huh?" The homunculi master laughed again. Ed's glare intesified. "I knocked you out right before it happened. Well, Lust 'destroyed' the blood seal on the armor. Huh? Am I right? You didn't see the blood seal whenever you found the armor I made for you did you?"

Ed didn't move, tears threatened to fall, but he held them in his eyes, hoping that the bastard standing over him wouldn't notice. Fortunatly, he didn't. "So why did you give Al his body back?"

"Awe, come on. I'm not that heartless! I wouldn't kill my own son without giving something in return now would I? I did what you failed to do, and since you said that you'd do anything to get his body back, you get to give up your life for him." Hohenheim smiled wickedly. It was sickening to see him smile like that. Hohenheim bent down and grabbed Ed by the upped arm. When:

"Edward! NOW!" Envy shouted before lanching himself at Hohenheim, knocking him over. Ed pulled his arms apart, making the already lose rope break. Picking the rope up, the blond clapped his hands together and place them on Hohenheim, making the rope snake around his fathers ankles.

"What the- mpft!" was all Hohenheim could make out before a rope formed around his mouth.

///////////////Flashback

Lust lead Al and Gluttony out of the room. Envy watched them leave; Ed watched Envy. Envy walked over to the small alchemist. Stepping on him the homunculus said, "Oi, chibi-san. I'll make a deal with you..."

"And what might that be?" Ed said with vemon dripping from his voice.

"Let's get something straight, chibi. I hate you, and you hate me. But I hate that bastard even more. So I'm gonna help you get out of losing your life, as long as you promise to finish what he starts."

"What was planning to do with Al? Is that really Al?" Ed's voice was shakey from the pressure Envy was putting on his side.

"Yeah, he'll probably tell you all about it whenever we go in there. But we have to hurry. Is it a deal? You get to keep your life and little brother, as long as you use him for the sacrafice."

"For what?"

"He's making the philosopher's stone. Using you would be great for it, but I want to see him die, as I become human." Envy's eyes glinted at the thought of seeing that bastard die.

"Alright, I'm in. What are we going to do?"



Lust and Gluttony looked at them in shock. Hohenheim was struggling against them. Envy tied his hands in the same manor as Ed, so that his hands were apart so he couldn't perform alchemy.

"Envy! What the hell do you think you're doing! We need him to become human!" Lust shouted at them, fear and anger in her usual lifeless eyes. Gluttony pulled on the hem of Lust's dress, getting her attention. Lust looked behind her at Gluttony.

"What are they doing to master?" he asked in his innocent tone. She waited for the green haired homunculus to answer her.

"ENVY!"

"SHUT UP!" Ed and Envy shouted together. Envy dragged Hohenheim to the center of the transmution circle, where he began to beat the living shit out of him. The blond stood at the side of the circle, examining the room.

"Envy if you don't stop soon, he'll die." Ed said in a soft voice, only loud enough for Envy to hear. Envy looked down at their 'master'. His face was bloody and bruised, and a puddle of blood laid at the homunculus' feet. He shrugged and walked out of the circle. Edward sighed and took one last glance at the homunculi and his almost lifeless brother. He turned around and looked at his barely consious father. Taking a deep breath, he clapped his hands together and said, "Have a good time at the Gate, father."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Colonel Mustang along with Maes and Alex Louis came to an old warehouse. Citizens had told them that they saw a man carrying a blond boy on his back, and pointed him in the direction they were going. Coming to a dead end, Roy figured that this would be the perfect place for the homunculi to hide, since it had long been abandoned.

"How 'bout it, Colonel? Shall we take a look?" Maes asked, pushing up his glasses. The three began to walk towards the building when they saw a blue light come from one of the side windows. Roy broke out into a run. So that's what they were planning. Roy thought, running fast. Pulling his gun out, he shot the lock on the door, opening it. he brust though the door, Maes and Armstrong not far behind.

"FULLMETAL!" his voice echoed off the empty walls. Not getting a responce He quickly went to lighting the room, and found a few doors. He ran along the walls, listening for any sound. When he came to the door furthest from the door they had entered, he heard someones voice. Without hesitace, he opened the door. The scene he saw shocked him.

Three of what were the deadliest homunculi, now were young children, unconsious. Edward was kneeling on the floor, holding someone close to his chest.

"Edward!" His voice was not above a whisper. He couldn't make his voice sound any louder. He walked over to where Edward was kneeling and knelt next to him. The blond looked up at the dark haired man whenever he felt a hand run along his cheek.

"He's alive." Ed said between sobs of joy. He smiled brightly at Mustang. "He got his body back and he's alive." Roy looked down at the person laying in his lovers arms, and sure enough, there was a 15 year old version on Alphonse Elric laying in his arms. Roy had tears in his eyes as he looked at the teenager.

Roy pulled Ed to his chest. "I'm so glad you're okay." he said as he began to sob lightly.

--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

The 'homuculi' were finally turned into humans and placed into a foster home, where they got adopted into happy families. They had no memory of being homunculi, but that was for the best.

Alphonse ended up being okay. He lived with Winry and Granny Pinako in Resembool. While Edward and Roy lived happily in Central City.

Nobody knows what happened to the Philosopher's Stone, or Hohenheim. But then again, nobody really cared.

END


The end! How did I do? Heh. I was going to make another chapter but I thought 'eh I don't know what to put in there.' So I summed up every thing at the end. I didn't reread this chapter, so there might be a lot of mistakes. Oh well. I hoped you like it! This is the first fanfic I've ever finished O.O wow. okay. I'm done here. I hope you enjoyed it. Good day! heart