Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ A Old Friend or A New Enemy? ❯ Remembrance and Memories ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Remembrance and Memories
 
 
“Brother? Are you ok?” Al asked his older brother.
 
Edward sat up, rubbing his cheek, “Yeah. I'm fine Al.”
 
Edward stood up, looking at Rasika, who was being restrained by Mustang. While Edward was watching her, he noticed, she wasn't trying her hardest to get free. She was just squirming. For some reason, thought Edward, I just have this feeling that she is stronger than that. It just seems like she could have knocked me out with one blow, but she didn't. I wonder who she really is?
 
Suddenly, the girl calmed down and Mustang let her go. “Well Rasika,” Roy said, “Are we done throwing a fit now?”
 
“Oh just shut up.” Rasika Said. “And fine, I will take the job. I've got nothing better to do.”
 
“Alright then, Fullmetal, Alphonse, from this moment on, Rasika will be watching over you.” Roy said.
 
“Fine.” Edward said, looking down. “Let's go.”
 
Edward, Rasika, and Alphonse left the office, and were now walking around outside, doing nothing in particular. Of course Ed and Al couldn't go search for the criminal in Central, the Yami Alchemist. Boy does that piss me off, thought Edward, There is a criminal running around using alchemy do to his dirty work, and I can't do anything about it with this girl with me. She will report it to Mustang and he will chew my ears off if he found out I was chasing a criminal again. Damnit!
 
Edward stopped, he heard that sniffing sound again. He looked at Al, who noticed him and shrugged, saying he didn't know what that was. But then they both looked to Rasika. She had her head slightly slanted upward, and she was sniffing the air.
 
“Might I ask what the hell you are doing.” Said Edward.
 
Rasika ignored him and started walking forward with a serious look on her face. Edward followed her gaze. There was a girl peeking around the corner, just ahead of them. Rasika was still walking towards the girl, with the serious I'm-gonna-kill-you look. The girl stepped out from her “hiding” spot and walked toward Rasika.
 
“What the hell are you doing here?” Asked Rasika.
 
“Is that anyway to greet me after so long?” Said the girl.
 
Both girls started laughing as they ran and gave each other a hug.
 
What the hell? Thought Edward. What the hell is going on?
“It's been a long time hasn't it Rasika.” Said the girl.
 
“So it seems, Kat.” Said Rasika.
 
It's been half and hour since these two girls met, and now they have moved and were now sitting in Ed and Al's Apartment. Ed was just laying on the couch, thinking about how stupid this is when he could be looking for the Yami Alchemist instead of lying here, doing nothing. Al was asking questions about the two, very happily but also shyly.
 
“So who is this girl again?” Asked Al.
 
“Oh, this is Kat, she is my older sister.” Said Rasika.
 
“She is? That is so cool.” Al said. “ You guys look nothing alike, I never would have guessed.”
 
“Well, ya, Rasika likes to dye her hair. Almost every time I see her she has a different color hair.” Laughed Kat.
 
“What can I say? I just don't like keeping my hair one color.” Rasika answered.
 
The two girls started laughing again.
 
“So, nee-san, what have you been up to lately?” Kat asked.
 
Rasika looked at her sister, who was smirking. “Well,” said Rasika, “just a little bit of this and a little bit of that.”
 
Kat then asked, “So, how's it going in the military?”
 
Edward sat up very fast and looked at Kat, who was still smirking, then at Rasika, who was smirking back to her sister.
 
“What the-“ Edward started, “you're in the military?!”
 
Rasika looked surprised, she looked at Kat, who had the same look and said, “Well ya. I am in the military….you didn't know that?”
 
“No.” said Edward looking down.
 
Edward looked confused, “Well I didn't know. What part of the military are you?”
 
“State Alchemist.” Answered Rasika calmly.
 
“You're an Alchemist?!” Edward shouted.
 
“Ya. I am known as the Dark Metal Alchemist.” Rasika said.
 
“What…” Edward started before he was cut off by Kat.
 
“I think that is enough questions for today.” Kat said.
 
Rasika nodded her head in agreement, as did Alphonse. Edward layed down, his way of agreeing, and closed his eyes.
 
Why do I feel as if I need to protect her? Edward asked himself. I just met her. But it seems like I know her from somewhere else, also. After that, Edward drifted into sleep.
 
Rasika, on the other hand, as usual, couldn't sleep soundly. Tonight, like every other night would have nightmares about her painful past…
 
Rizembool, July 7th, 1906. 2:23pm
 
“Edo-kun!” Wait for me!” yelled a young girl as she was running up to a young boy, both around 7 years old.
 
“Well hurry up!” Yelled the boy back. “We have to hurry if we don't want to be late!”
 
The two started running faster. Both laughing.
 
“We're here!” Yelled the boy. “Hey Al, hey Kat!”
 
“Konnichi wa Onee-san.” Said the younger girl shyly.
 
“Hello Rasika, Hello Brother.” Said Al, bowing.
 
“So lets get started!” Edward said with a smirk.
************************************************************** **********