Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ After Their Rendezvous ❯ After Their Rendezvous ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

This is a shock, I know. Two updates from me in just one day. Well, what can I say; my muse just seems particularly active today. I'm not complaining. Anyway, here's the drabble I mentioned at the end of Rendezvous. It would help if you read my Solitude trilogy before reading this. I hope you all enjoy this short little piece.
 
Disclaimer: I have yet to own FMA and I don't plan on owning it anytime soon.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Title: After Their Rendezvous
 
The entirety of Mustang's subordinates, minus Hawkeye, sat about the office bright and early in curious confusion. The newly reinstated brigadier general was, as per usual, last in coming to the office. No, that wasn't what shocked the group. What shocked the men was Lieutenant Hawkeye's absence. None of the men could remember a time when Riza was late.
 
Just when the men were getting quite worried, the door opened to reveal Roy and an oddly clad Riza. Instead of her required military uniform, Riza wore a simple light tan pants suit with a brown shirt, as well as simple, short, no nonsense heels. The men saluted their superiors each in turn before Riza spoke.
 
“There's no need to salute me men. I'm not your superior officer anymore. I'm just a simple civilian.”
 
“Civilian? What?” Havoc asked his cigarette hanging dangerously low.
 
“Yes.” Roy answered looking as if he had expected this response. “We didn't want to make a big fuss about and decided to keep it quite.”
 
“We?” Fuery further inquired. All the men looking between the two before them, thinking, guessing, hoping, this was what they thought.
 
“Yes `we.'” Riza answered raising her hand to show off her simple, yet elegant (similar to the owner) diamond studded gold band. “I'm simply here to finish taking my things off my desk.”
 
As Riza moved to clean off her desk, Roy following to assist, the gang couldn't help but smile. It was Havoc that broke the silence to speak first.
 
“Bought time!”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~
 
Well that it. Its quite short but I hope you enjoyed none the less. Remember to review!
---animeluvr8