Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Birth of a Sin ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
[disclaimer] - All references to characters, theme, or happenings in Fullmetal Alchemist are copyright of their respective owners (HIROMU ARAKAWA/SQUARE ENIX, MBS, ANX, BONES, dentsu 2004, 2004 FUNimation Productions, Ltd, any others unmentioned.)

-

Prolouge

It was a cold, stormy night. A cliche, in all respects. The perfect night for something to go wrong. A bitter cold wind picked up, blowing around the cozy hamlets of the small town. Deep in the distance, a shadowed figure approached the little city. He passed beneath a streetlamp, flooding his figure with light. The young boy was clutching his left arm, or lack thereof. The right hand had been so covered in blood it was impossible to find any uncovered skin. Grinding his teeth, the boy walked as fast as he could. Reaching a little home on the very outskirts, he walked up to the door. With a great deal of effort, he punded his fist on the oaken door. Presently, a small woman, long in age, came to the doorway.

"What do you-" She stopped her phrase at the sight of the child. Screaming loudly, she grabbed the boy. Pulling him inside and calling to someone at the rear of the household, she sat him on a table and hurredly began gathering tools. She barked again, and finally the child she was calling for arrived. The young woman was at least the same age as the boy, if a little younger. The kid smiled when he saw her. Closing his eyes, he fell asleep. A deep, painful sleep.

-