Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Change in time ❯ Philosiphers stone ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

U finally made it to the next chapter! Yay for me!
I-I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist...how I wish I did though.sobs quietly
since I don't like long babbling authors I'll stop now. He he he he...for now at least...
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
(2 weeks after Ed's departure from HQ)
Lt. Hawkeye slowly walked into Roy's office.
"Sir, here are some papers that need your immediate attention." Riza said in a heavy voice.
Roy looked up from his current file, and held out his hand.
Riza handed him the paper and left the room with tears running down her cheeks.
Roy scanned through the papers and shock registered on his usually smug face.
"No, no, no ,no NO!" Roy screamed in his head.
The papers implied that the Fullmetal Alchemist was dead.
DEAD. The word rang through his head, echoing in his mind.
Ed and Alphonse Elric were dead.
The words full meaning hit him like a cement block.
Ed was really dead. No more tantrums, no more short jokes, no more ED.
Roy couldn't believe it. This had to be a nightmare. Any minute now, he'd wake-up to blazing sunshine.
But he didn't wake up, so it was true.
Tears like pearls dripped down his cheeks as he signed the horrid papers. His tears grew steadily until he was outright sobbing.
The papers accounted what had happened and also verified that the commanding officer gave permission for there to be a service, in honor of Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist.
Roy had finally realized that he loved the spunky, temperamental, blond haired boy, but now it was too late.
XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
(in the middle of who knows where)
Ed and Al pulled a lifeboat up to shore. Well mostly Al did, Ed was too busy groaning and holding his stomach.
They had been on the water for 2 days without food or water. Ed was extremely thirsty and...
"So...hungy..."Ed moaned.
"Brother, are we lost?"
Ed looked around, "yes Al...we're lost. But...I need FOOD!"
"Brother should we look around?"
"Sure Al lets look. Oh...my stomach..."
(2 hours later)
"Brother! Brother! I see smoke!"
Ed's head picked up. "Smoke means fire...fire means people...people mean...dare I say it...FOOD!" Then Ed fainted due to lack of food and dehydration.
XxxxxxxxxxxxX
Al approached the small hut with Ed over his shoulder. The hut was in the middle of the clearing.
Al knocked with his free hand. Ed needed food pronto.
An old man answered the door and stared at them with astonished on his face. He obviously hadn't seen people in a while.
"Umm...excuse me sir, but could you spare some food for my brother here? He passed out from lack of food and dehydration. A loud growl escaped the walls of Ed's stomach. Even in sleep, Ed wanted food.
The old man nodded silently, let them in. He was still shocked at having people on his door step.
XxxxxxxxxX
Ed was inhaling all the food he could put his utensils on. He had a 2 day appetite to satisfy.
The wrinkly old man finally started to speak., "so, youngsters, who are ya?"
Al rubbed the back of his metal head. "I'm Alphonse and this is my brother Edward. You see, our boat sank, but we managed to escape in time, only to become lost on the open ocean."
"I see..." the old man scratched his head, as if in thought. "So what are people like yer selves doin' over here?"
Ed stopped scarfing down food in time to say "How'd you know that we weren't from around here!"
The old man laughed as if the answer was obvious, "ya don speak like us."
"Oh..." said Ed. He hadn't thought of that. "Well to answer your question, al and I are looking for the philosophers stone."
The old man looked at them strangely, "so...yer alchemists are ya?"
"Yes we are." Al answered for his brother who had returned to eating.
"What are ya plannin' to do one ya got it yougin?"
Ed swallowed and looked at the nosy old man, "I am going to restore Al's body along with my limbs." Ed said with conviction.
"A see" the old man drawled. "So ya crossed the line did ya." it was more statement then question
Ed looked down, sorrow apparent in his eye's, "Ya...we did."
"Follow me yougnin's."
XxxxxxxxxxxxX
The mysterious old man led them into his basement.
Al and Ed looked around in astonishment, the walls were covered with transmutation circles, books thrown about carelessly, test tubes and such.
"This is what you've been searchin for, is it not?" he asked, holding up a red stone.
Ed reached for it, "Is it real?" he asked breathlessly.
The old man looked at him with sad eyes, "Yes, but something unexpected happens tp ya when ya use it." he said in a whisper as he left the room.
XxxxxxxxxxxX
It had taken 2 hours to prepare for the transmutation.
Then in a flash of purple light, Ed and Al saw black.
XxxxxxxxxX
Yay!2nd chapter accomplished! I am sooo happy! Well I have some more to type up so I'll update as soon as I finish the next chapter. Sayonara 4 now!-peace!-newmoongirl