Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Chidarake Amadare ❯ Fire and Metal ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg:
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist, there ya happy now?
 
Chidarake Amadare
Chapter Four
Fire and Metal
 
In order to gain something, one must sacrifice another of equivalent value. That is the law of Alchemy. Equivalent exchange. Was the pain of our separation the price for something?
 
Continental Calendar- 1910
 
Edward: 11 Alphonse: 10
 
What were once childish amber eyes were now dark with pain and suffering. Their owner was standing in front of a grave, the stone reading the name 'Trisha Elric'. Edward wanted nothing more than to smash the stone, but he knew that it would not change anything. His mother was gone, and he had failed his younger brother in the worst way. It should've been me... he thought to himself as his automail arm clenched itself into a fist. Things wouldn't change just because he got angry, but how he wished they would. In the end, he blamed his mother's death on his father, a man he couldn't even remember. He closed his eyes before he turned around and walked off, knowing that it very well could be the last time he would visit his mother's grave.
 
Continental Calendar- 1911
 
Edward: 12 Alphonse: 11
 
Nothing made since to the elder Elric brother as he stayed on his knees in the pouring rain. She hadn't deserved to die, and neither had their mother. Nina's father betrayed her...just like our father betrayed us... he thought to himself as he closed his eyes, tears mixing in with the freezing rain. His amber eyes were dark with different emotions, all mixing together to overwhelm him.
 
"I have to be strong...for the both of us..." he whispered softly as he closed his eyes, his younger brother watching him with sadly.
 
Continental Calendar- 1914
 
Edward: 15 Alphonse: 14
 
Edward looked up at Marcoh's words, surprised and hurt. His dark amber eyes turned to look at Roy, but he only looked away in guilt. This whole time he had trusted the Colonel, believed that he wouldn't lie to him...
 
"Brother..." Alphonse said softly, looking a his elder brother. Edward looked awa from Roy, his eyes landing on the small crumbled up piece of paper in his hand. He just shoved it in his pocket silently. It can wait... he thought to himself bitterly as he stood up, shoving off the hand that was offered to him. Maes sighed as he moved away from Edward, watching as Havoc and Armstrong helped Alphonse stand. Poor boys... he thought to himself with a sigh before he started back towards Roy.
 
Continental Calendar- 1914 (Present Day)
Edward: 15 Alphonse: 14
 
Edward's eyes were dark as he looked between Roy and Maes silently. The news they had just delivered was news he didn't want to hear, and yet in some way he craved it.
 
"So, Scar's been spotted near where we're supposed to be going?" he asked, his bangs hiding his amber eyes. Maes looked at Edward surprised, while Roy's dark eyes became stern.
 
"You're not going to go get yourself killed, Fullmetal. Which is why you are staying here."
 
"I'll have an escort, Colonel," he replied before he turned around to walk out of the office. He knew in his head that he was being a little foolish, but sometimes the heart tuned out the mind.
 
"And who would that be?" Roy asked as Edward's hand gripped the doorknob. For a moment silence reigned in the small office, the only sound being the ticking of the clock.
 
"Blue, of course," he replied with a smirk before he opened the door, shutting it behind him. Roy cursed softly as Maes shook his head, both having been out-smarted.
 
"You know he'll go, Roy. No matter what you say."
 
"I know that, but it's Scar that has me worried."
 
"Why would that be?" Maes asked, a little bit surprised at Roy's confession.
 
"Because, the town they're heading to is full of alchemists."
 
Mache,Town to the East
 
Mache, a small town full of alchemists of all kinds. Yet, the elder of the town was a man very much against alchemy with red eyes and dark skin. He was a survivor from Ishbal, everyone knew that, yet he was also the most respected man around for miles. Elezar was his name, or at least it was what everyone called him. At this particular moment, Elezar was talking to another survivor from Ishbal...Scar.
 
"So, my son, are you waiting for any specific State Alchemists?" he asked as he looked at Scar. He just nodded his head as he gathered his thoughts.
 
"Yes, a State Alchemist by the name of "Fullmetal", but his real name is Edward Elric," he replied, watching for the old man's reaction. Elezar became very silent as he thought over the two names given to him, the last one sounding familiar.
 
"Elric, you say? A woman in our town, May Rhapsody, has a daughter with a man by the name of Elric."
 
At this statement Scar looked away from the window and towards the man, his features showing surprise. He hadn't known that there were three Elric children...
 
"Is the girl still here?"
 
"No, no...her father took her away when she was younger, and then left her to a State Alchemist by the name of Roy Mustang. She visits ocassionally, when she has the time. If I'm not mistaken, May told me she passed the State Alchemist exams last year," he stated, going off into thought afterwards. The dark red eyes of Scar became focused on the window once again as he sorted through his thoughts. Maybe he could get to Fullmetal a different way then he had planned.
 
Central HQ
 
Edward was silent as he laid back on the couch in his and Alphonse's room. They would be leaving in a matter of hours to head towards Mache, as well as Scar. Bastard... he thought to himself as he shifted on the couch. He was still a bit torn between his duty and his heart, since his mind was now out of the equation. His feelings towards Scar was only limited to one, bitter hatred. Scar had killed Nina and destroyed countless others in his pursuit of the State Alchemists, including himself.
 
Edward's spirit was forged in the fires of determination, quenched in the tears of loss and then sharpened on the rough edges of life. He sighed to himself as he sat up and started to gather his research papers from the table in front of him.
 
Fire and metal make a deadly weapon.