Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Chidarake Amadare ❯ Musings ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gwg: Sorry for the long wait guys, but between school, chores, and having a writers block it took me awhile to get this finished. Anyways, I would like to thank all those who have reviewed, mainly Lucrecia LeVrai for giving this fic a chance to develop. Anyways, read and then click the blue button in the corner to review afterwards!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Fullmetal Alchemst, there ya happy now?
 
Chidarake Amadare
Chapter Three
Musings
 
"So, how did your talk with Edward go?" Colonel Roy Mustang questioned of Blue as he stared out of his office window. A soft sigh reached his ears as he awaited the answer to his question. He had witnessed their small conversation from a window within the inn once he had managed to get away from Hughes.
 
"It was good, we didn't fight or anything...we just talked. Roy, do you think I might really have a chance to be their sister, not just in name?"
 
"Maybe, Edward and Alphonse are two very difficult boys, but I think that with some time they will be able to accept you. Havoc's depressed you know, says he's going to die while your gone."
 
This earned a laugh from Blue as she looked over at her commanding officer. They both knew that Havoc wouldn't die, but they also knew that he would play it for all it was worth. Dark emerald green eyes studied the Colonel as he continued to look out the window, his back to their owner. The years had changed him, but he was still the annoying person that he had always been.
 
 
"Brother, wake up brother." Alphonse stated as he shook his elder brother. His armor clanked at the movement, imitating the groan that escaped his brother as he opened his amber irisis.
 
"What is it, Al?" Edward mumbled tiredly, looking up at his younger brother. Alphonse just moved back as he allowed Edward to sit up. He'd let Edward sleep longer than usual since he was up so late just laying on his bed, thinking if Alphonse wasn't mistaken.
 
"It's time to wake up, Brother. We have things to do, remember?"
 
Edward just nodded at Al's words as he yawned. He'd stayed up a lot later than he had intented to the night before and now he was still a bit tired.
 
"Alright, alright, Al. I'm up," he replied as he stood up in nothing but his boxers. He was quick to dress in his traditional clothes, minus his red coat since he was going to eat breakfast first. Their search for the Philosopher's Stone wasn't going as well as they thought it would be with the advancements of some minor research they had done. Their meeting with Doctor Marcoh had opened Edward's eyes to some of the things that he didn't want to know or remember.
 
It seemed that this whole mess went back to the Ishbal Massacre all those years ago. They had just been children then, but Edward could still remember when Winry received the letter about her parents. Everything had changed so fast back then, and there had been nothing he could do to help.
 
The genuine truth behind truths.
-Tim Marcoh
 
Edward had to wonder what he meant by 'The genuine truth behind truths'. He knew there was something more, something that had not been included in Marcoh's research, and he wished he knew what it was. Lior had been reduced to a place that would cause no trouble to the military or anyone else, yet anyways. It seemed that everyone was tense, as though something big was about to happen.
 
"There's unease among the people."
 
"Yes, Hawkeye. I think we all can see that."
 
"They fear...another massacre will occur..."
 
Silence and then, "It's none of my concern."
 
He shouldn't have listened, but that didn't stop him from doing so. It seemed that the heartless Colonel wasn't so heartless after all. Edward sighed as he looked around the Mess Hall, his mind a jumble of thoughts. His amber eyes darted around to see who all was present when they landed on Maes and Roy sitting at a table in the back, talking in low tones. At first glance it seemed that they were just two friends talking, but perceptive amber eyes caught the sober looks on both faces.
 
"Hello Edward, Alphonse."
 
Both turned around to see First Leiutenant Riza Hawkeye smiling at them with her tray. Edward returned her smile, the Leiutenant Colonel and the Colonel forgotten for now.
 
"Hey First Leiutenant, long time no see," he replied with his boyish grin. Riza shook her head as they started over to a table and took a seat.
 
"I talked to you just the other day."
 
"Heh, suppose you're right."
 
Alphonse greeted the First Leiutenant before her and Edward continued their small conversation. At least here everyone was relaxed, or they seemed that way. Things were beginning to change, and Alphonse had the feeling that he wouldn't like it.
 
Gwg: Not much, but the next chapter will bring in some characters that have yet showed up in this fic. Anyways, sorry once again for the long wait and I'll try to update soon. So until then, ja ne.