Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Dreaming of a Rainy Day ❯ Chapter 2: The Previous Mission ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sorceress-Thank you all for the reviews and it will probably be in both Edward and Riza’s P.O.V.

Ed-Now that you are updating Queen of the Dead what’s the story about

Sorceress-I’m not going to tell you Drama Queen now be good and I’ll give ya a little treat

Ed-WHO ARE YOU CALLING A DRAMA QUEEN AND A LITTLE BEAN SO SMALL-?

Al-Nii-san she didn’t say that

Sorceress-Pretty close to it though

Riza-So on with the Chapter but stay tuned this is a place for loonies and why does Edward have a dog?

Sorceress- I thought it would be cute if Hayate had a girlfriend too and this will probably be a long, long story I think depends

Chapter 2: The Last Mission

--Riza’s Apartment--

It was a beautiful morning, the birds were chirping, the dark clouds that seemed to haunt everyone, every where they went, were gone finally, and all was peaceful and perfect, there was even a light breeze blowing to cool everyone off in the spring, and Riza was enjoying it peacefully and fully then something hit her something was wrong.

They gave everyone a day off today, before someone actually cracked and did something they would regret, namely Edward and Roy. They also did it for Riza’s judgment; she had been holding out on information and it still was a mess at the office so they were reorganizing it since the mysterious death of the Fuher, they didn‘t mean to kill him, but once the sins found out that they knew who he was, it was only a matter of time before they cut there losses.

Riza looks around the room and decides that the something a miss isn’t immediate, so she stretches her body cattishly in her bed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes, and then she remembers something, she looks around at the familiarity of her bedroom, then abruptly slumps back into bed sighing in defeat “Was it all a dream?” she asks herself out loud, shielding her eyes away from the sun with her right arm.

She groans and sits up only to notice she still had her cloths on from yesterday, she slightly smiles to herself “Guess not.” she sighs to herself and gets up and heads for the dinning room.

She walks into the dining room where Hayate was waiting to be fed, when she looks over and notices her military jacket laying on the chair, she picks it up and shakes her head “Edward must of brought me home last night, didn‘t he Hayate?” She asks looking down at her feet to see a half grown pup and smiles as it starts yapping on like he knew what she was saying, she catches her self and freezes ‘Since when did I start calling him Edward?’ she asks herself, blushing madly.

She goes to the bathroom after feeding Hayate, and adjusts the shower to the perfect temperature for her, she sighs in contentment and gets in ‘I wonder what the judgment will be for me?’.

---------------------------------------------------------------

--Central Library--

Edward sighs again as he looks around the empty Library “Now I remember why I don’t like going here alone.” he sighs again “No one to talk to.”

“Talking to your self Edward.” Sheshka asks shaking her head “That’s not a good sign.”

He chuckles lightly “I know I think I’m starting to imagine things.”

She got her job back after she helped with Hughes lost cases but she still preferred to work with the Military so she got a job in the Military case and Alchemy records they separated the real important stuff from things that were replaceable “What are you doing here Ed?”

“Just researching like always I can’t get enough.” I never did find out what you got from Dr. Marcoh’s notes.” she said starting to put away Ed’s useless pile of books.

“That’s something I can’t tell you.” he says turning back to the book he was reading.

She shakes her head “Don’t forget to go to First Lieutenant Hawkeye’s Court Date.” she says disappearing just as quickly as she had come.

“How can I forget that?” He asks him self out loud, he sighs and stares out into space “After all that’s the day we lost Hughes.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

--A Month Earlier--

A tall suit of armor looks down at his older brother, who was currently not listening to anything anyone said, “Nii-san are you sure you want to do this? You could just blow this whole thing off and say you never got the message.” he says uncertainly.

”Yeah Ed, I mean your on vacation leave, he couldn’t need you to do another mission.” Winry says trying to keep her voice level, she looks at them disappointed to be seeing the brothers off so soon.

Edward was sent a note by mail to come to Central ASAP. Edward looks up and sighs as he nods depressed “I‘m sure, I called him and he said it was very urgent and important,” He sighs to himself as he mumbles “yeah right.” he thinks for a moment, then suddenly stops dead in his tracks.

His brother and Winry take a few steps forward before stopping as well “Nii-san, something wrong?” Al asks uncertain if he had said something wrong to upset him.

Ed nods “Yeah I’m fine, listen Al, I want you to stay here.” he says not meeting his brothers eyes afraid of what he would find.

Al turns all the way around in shock “What?! Why?!” he asks suddenly scared that something was wrong and his brother just wanted him to be safe, it wouldn’t be the first time; they had never been separated from each other more then a day.

Ed sighs and looks up at him with determination rimming in the depths of his golden orbs “Al, I don’t want you to waste your time coming with me, I know you want to help, but you need a vacation.”

“So do you, you’ve been working yourself too hard, so I‘m coming with you.” he says just as determined as his brother if not more, but he could never stand up to his Nii-san if Ed didn’t want him to, and right now, Ed really didn‘t want him to.

Ed‘s eyes narrow in annoyance, he crosses his arms stubbornly at his younger brother “I’m one of the State Alchemists to the military, your not, enjoy your vacation and I’ll come back at a week tops and enjoy a week with you.”

Al looked over to Winry, and Winry looked back at him and then at Ed, as she sighs in defeat and nods her head in approval, but Al had different plans for his Nii-san to get well rested on vacation time “Two weeks, you spend two weeks on vacation time.”

“TWO WEEKS!” Ed cries out in disbelief as Al nods his head to confirm him “Al, you know I can’t do that I hate staying in place to long!” Ed wines, Winry giggles slightly behind her hand, trying to not hurt his feelings.

The armor nods “Two weeks or no deal.” he says crossing his arms across his chest smugly.

“Fine,” He pouts finally as they call the train for Central he sighs in defeat as he picks up his suitcase and hugs Winry and Al as he get ready to board “I’ll see you in a week.” He says getting on the train waving at them.

Al and Winry wave back as it starts to leave “Bye Nii-san!”

Ed sadly and longingly watch them finally leave back home when his train take off to Central he sighs in annoyance “This had better be important.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----

--Central--

Edward bursts into Roy Mustangs office, at about midnight, beyond pissed, from a bumpy train ride and being rushed “COLONEL ! THIS HAD BETTER BE IMPORTANT!” Edward exclaims slamming the door shut and sitting down exhausted as Riza, Hughes, Havoc, and Feury jump a mile high.

The Colonel smirks at him clearly amused, while the other occupants in the room slowly inch away “Why? Is the Mini Full Metal losing his beauty sleep?” Mustang asks sarcastically.

Ed sends a death glare his way, then suddenly calms down scarring the entire room into hiding, as he reply’s just as sarcastically as him and calmly “No, but I was just wondering when you decided to start playing cyber commando during the night.” He comments noticing the camouflage kaki pants and shirt, he wasn‘t the only one with wacky night cloths, so did Feury, who had on little battle ships and the back ground dark blue, the other two had something relatively decent with Riza in a light pink silk night dress and a robe, and Hughes and Havoc in plain color night shirt and pants blue and green.

Colonel flushed a bright crimson, as the others snickered at his discomfort, Hughes leans over to Feury and Riza “Ed really is a cocky little bastard when he doesn’t get any sleep isn’t he?” He whispers to them as he gets a book to the face from Edward, as the rest break down into laughter.

Colonel clears his throat, as they quiet down “Riza? Make a mental note for me, to never, ever, tell Full Metal to come here immediately, unless he has some sleep.” he says watching Edward carefully and cautiously.

Riza snickers a few more minutes “Will do, Sir.” she says trying to keep the humor creeping into her voice.

Edward glares at him a few minutes as Roy gets down to business “Anyway we have been called down here to discuss important matters about the Fuher.” He says looking them all in the eye.

Feury looks at him confusedly as Hayate yawns “What about the Fuher?”

He sighs as he leans on his desk cautiously “We have reason to believe that he is a homunculus.” They all look at him shocked and confused, but Hughes who was the one who gathered the information and Edward didn‘t look to fazed either, more like he expected it “I may be going on a limb here but I don’t think your to surprised by this Full Metal.”

Ed smirks at him “I’m not, Sensei told me about her son once the one she performed a human transmutation to bring him back and well his name is Wrath.” they all look at him surprised to say the least as he looks at them calmly. “The Fuher is also a Homunculus I believe he is don’t remember his name though.”

Mustang lifts an eyebrow but other then that his expression doesn’t change “You suspected this all along haven’t you?”

He yawns and looks at him boardly “I had a suspicion but not enough proof.” Mustang smirks as Hughes roles his eyes.

Riza sighs in frustration and mumbles something about stubborn men when she turn to them “Well what are we going to do about it?” she asks ready for action when ever they were ready.

Mustang stands up and grabs his coat “Tomorrow we will strike an confront him about it,” he puts it on as the other follow his example “you all should be ready for a tough battle.” He grabs the door handle and turns it, ready to bolt any second and turns half way around and smirks “So Full Metal I suggest you don’t get sleep with you going after him in this state I give my luck to him.” He says really quickly, as he bolts behind the door as a vase crashes into the door, they all laugh as Edward fumes.

--To Be Continued--

Sorceress-Do ya like it cause if you don’t I’m just going to leave it as a one-shot

Ed-There really isn’t any romance in here.

Sorceress-There will be romance between Ed/Riza in the future like in chapter four if I continue I just want to make sure you see when Roy misses his chance so I can rub it in his face.

Roy-Hello I’m in the room

Sorceress-Hey look at that

Riza-See ya next time.